Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:57 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times

Advertisements

I heard kumbya, o god and deliver us Obama all in there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
Listen. If you're going to make outrageous, insane accusations - like people are worshiping the President - then you'd better have more obvious proof. It's plain that the audio is too murky to make out what a crowd is chanting. So the intelligent, rational thing to do is to assume that it's just what you'd expect people to be chanting - "Oh God."

Only a crazy extremist would use something so indeterminant to make such a stupid claim.

Didn't you all learn your lesson over the "Whitey" tapes?

Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
I guess I was right. Only one single rightwinger had the integrity to admit this was a silly post.

Congrats, Irishvanguard.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I watched and maybe my ear phones are just really crappy but I thought they were saying "hear our cry O God" and "deliver us O God" but it wasn't very together so if it wasn't for the handy dandy words printed on the screen I wouldn't have been able to make out much of anything
They WERE praying "Oh God" and NOT "Obama" and anyone who wasn't deafened by Rush and Glenn would have known that. How obsessively sick these people are becoming. They are destroying this country with their sickness.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM

757 posts, read 802,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
Jesus camp is a voluntary activity. Public school is not. Big difference.
Ya Jesus camp is private indoctrination! So that somehow makes a difference? I thought the problem was a President, any President, indoctrinating children to their policies at a young age? If a parent lets a child attending public school to be "indoctrinated" into a President's policy, isn't that the fault of a unattentive parent?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That was creepy. But if you'd take time to notice....the children were being instructed to pray to GOD to protect Bush.
They were not praying to Bush.........the instructor even said "Thank You Jesus"...........the Kids chanted "one nation under God" ...not under Bush.

THESE OTHER FOLK WERE PRAYING TO OBAMA!
Those videos we've seen on TV had Jesus' name taken out of gospel songs and Obama replacing Jesus!!!
The other people were praying to God, not Obama

what sheep

Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
The issue is praying TO a president. That's what the rest of us are discussing.
now hopefully you realize they were not praying to obama...they were praying for obama.

what a silly thread. lindsey graham was right....

Old 10-01-2009, 05:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
How dare you speak of our lovely President in that manner. He has shown to be a respectful person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHansenofIowa View Post
Obama has shown himself to be the antichrist, and he will mislead many. He is a muslim and will try to destroy the jews but this is when Gog will step in and destroy magog and the antichrist. Micheal will then show up and inquire as to who has been the faithful steward of the talents and all knees shall bend to the master. At that time things will not be in the places that they were put by their owners, and the iniquity of the harlot shal be known to all who are washed in the blood of the lamb. Then when they are saying peace and security the end will be in that generation.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:10 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones

Ok let me listen again.

yeah I still hear "O God" maybe it's my ears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
That's what I hear, too.

Same here.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:30 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How dare you speak of our lovely President in that manner. He has shown to be a respectful person.

This is Tim Babcock of Wichita, Kansas who has signed on here using my personal name to make outrageous and slanderous statements. I will be contacting an attorney tommorrow. This activity, is of course, illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies