Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,473 times

Advertisements

Can the Tea party movement be taken seriously with their subgroup of ignorant racists? Remember the Youtube videos?
Appalling. I am leaning toward the Libertarian party over the Tea party because they don't have this ignorant subgroup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 08:10 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Who cares? Sara Palin is NEVER going to be the President of the United States. What she says has little bearing on the party.
They say the same thing about Hillary and SHE is wearing the pants of this regime.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
"I see a bright future for America in Asia. One based on the alliances that have gotten us this far, one based on free and open markets"

I don't agree with this one bit, but I'm a selfish American, who believes in the USA. We need to rebuild the USA, not foreign nations.

I also don't agree with her stance on illegal immigration.

That is why I would not vote for her in the Primaries, but if she made it through to be in the big show, I would cast my vote for her, over any lying Progressive.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:19 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
I only wish we could clone Goldwater.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Can the Tea party movement be taken seriously with their subgroup of ignorant racists? Remember the Youtube videos?
Appalling. I am leaning toward the Libertarian party over the Tea party because they don't have this ignorant subgroup.
The Tea Party is run by Lobbyists like Dick Armey, who make tens of millions getting their bobbleheads to support whatever cause he decides is patriotic.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:32 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Unfortunately, the GOP and Sarah Palin fall far short of the Libertarian Party philosophy.

I wish the GOP had the balls to embrace the Libertarian philosophy.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Can the Tea party movement be taken seriously with their subgroup of ignorant racists? .
I'm not defending the Tea Party, but where can I read about this "subgroup of ignorant racists?"

And surely you know that every party includes idiots and racists.......

Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 AM

59,037 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
If Sarah Palin is part of the future of the party, her recent speeches seem to reflect a fundamental return to Goldwater principles. Does anyone agree?

"We’re not interested in government fixes; we’re interested in freedom! Freedom! Our vision is forward looking. People may be frustrated now, but we’re very hopeful too."

"All government spending should undergo serious scrutiny. No programs or agencies should be automatically immune from cuts."

"I see a bright future for America in Asia. One based on the alliances that have gotten us this far, one based on free and open markets"

"
it should not be the responsibility of government to dictate the salaries of bankers or the ownership of companies. And yet, due of the excesses committed by some, this is exactly where we find ourselves now because government now owns substantial portions of the private economy – even, unbelievably, in the United States."

"
The town halls and the Tea Party movement are both part of a growing grassroots consciousness among ordinary Americans who’ve decided that if they want real change, they must take the lead and not wait to be led. Real change – and, you know, you don’t need a title to do it. ...When my country again achieves financial stability and economic growth – when we roar back to life as we shall do – it will be thanks in large part to the hard work and common sense of these ordinary Americans who are demanding that government spend less and tax less and allow the private sector to grow and prosper."

So, by your reasoning one repub makes a statement and you claim that is the whole party.

Then Barney Frank being gay means that EVERY dem is gay.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
If Sarah Palin is part of the future of the party, her recent speeches seem to reflect a fundamental return to Goldwater principles. Does anyone agree?
LOL. No, I do not agree. I'd love to see he debate someone like Ron Paul.

Actually, I think it would be hard to watch, much like her interview with Couric.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:

"We’re not interested in government fixes; we’re interested in freedom! Freedom! Our vision is forward looking. People may be frustrated now, but we’re very hopeful too."

"All government spending should undergo serious scrutiny. No programs or agencies should be automatically immune from cuts."

"
it should not be the responsibility of government to dictate the salaries of bankers or the ownership of companies. And yet, due of the excesses committed by some, this is exactly where we find ourselves now because government now owns substantial portions of the private economy – even, unbelievably, in the United States."

"
The town halls and the Tea Party movement are both part of a growing grassroots consciousness among ordinary Americans who’ve decided that if they want real change, they must take the lead and not wait to be led. Real change – and, you know, you don’t need a title to do it. ...When my country again achieves financial stability and economic growth – when we roar back to life as we shall do – it will be thanks in large part to the hard work and common sense of these ordinary Americans who are demanding that government spend less and tax less and allow the private sector to grow and prosper."

I absolutely disagree.

You see, I've voted Libertarian in the past. I know what the Libertarian principles are, or where.

1. fiscal conservatism

2. keep the govt out of social issues

The GOP currently stands in direct opposition to both principles. Palin especially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies