Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 02:40 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

How many libs or progs, whichever you prefer, do you think will buy the book hoping it does have lots of black and white pictures for them to color? Surely there will be a number of them buying for just that reason.
I thought your lot had cornered the colouring by numbers book market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 02:40 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly! You know, usually the NYT reviews books on their bestsellers list, but I don't think they have reviewed any of the above.

I will make them absolutely sick to have it at number 1.
please, keep saying it. We didn't all read it the first 4 times you said it.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:42 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times
Quote:

I will make them absolutely sick to have it at number 1.
Incredible

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Back to the thread topic....

Quote:
But now the New York Post is reporting that Palin has been a difficult sell for the Washington Speaker's Bureau, which represents everybody from former President George W. Bush to magician David Blaine. Offered at $100,000 a speech, Palin is not attracting as many offers as might have been expected.

"Palin is polarizing, and some subscribers might cancel if she's on the lineup," one industry rep told the Post.
Palin not a big draw on the lecture circuit | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Keep telling them about that but until the book sells its 5 millionth copy they won't be listening. They really think she is as stupid as the MSM tried to make her look. You know after they "vetted" her so seriously and didn't vet Oba mao at all. That made progressives very happy to see done that way.
She is stupid, and she made herself look stupid with her own words. Stupid and evasive. "In what way, Charlie?" "I read...all of um!" And she proves she's stupid to this day by refusing to learn more about politics beyond whatever high-school level she managed to absorb.

You know, if you call the people you feel antagonistic toward "progressives," that makes you the antonym: "reactionary". Say it loud, Im skeered and Im proud!

Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Sarah The Phenom ? Phenom of the opera. Pheno mint, the moose killer, hardy har har ! Maybe she will be honored with a Sarah Palin Devil Duck, or a doll made in China. Pull the string, and hear her voice cut through a steel plate. Guns hidden in every opening. Sarah. here to save the world, and welcome the Rapture !

Old 09-30-2009, 02:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why dont you think he wrote them? He wrote this for his students:

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/fil....fall.memo.pdf

Sounds just like him, as do his books.
Sounds just like him, you say? Do you think that very many of his speeches are written by him? I doubt that but then the teleprompter couldn't be used if he had to do them himself. Also, he has too many things that demand his attention for his speeches to be self-written.

It is so near Glenn Beck time that I have to get ready to watch that. You know I believe about every thing he says.

I will read this book later. I sure am glad that I never had a professor who tried that or I might have not taken anything from him/her again. Mine bragged on the good papers to the individual but I don't think they ever had as many great ones as he seemed to think he had had.

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Just in case Palin's book sells 5 million as Rush and I hope I bet that Shaer wishes that the author could have been a different ghost writer.

I don't think that Oba mao wrote either of his books. We are pretty sure that had he had a writer for one of them and the man is supposed to be one that Oba mao claims he didn't know well.
The only people who doubt that Obama wrote his books are people who have not read the books, and never will read the books because they disagree with him politically. No one who has any credibility on the question has ever said that Obama was not the writer.

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I didn't say it wasn't fair. I just wonder why she would use that term when it was used to make fun of her.
And, used her to make a comeback? tina Fey is on the #1 comedy show. She didn't need to make a comeback.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:48 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Whoops! The FACTS just don't jive with the author, a clear Palin-hater.

Why We Doubt ‘Page Six’’s Sarah Palin Story -- Daily Intel

The Post hears from an anonymous source that Sarah Palin is having more trouble than expected securing gigs on the lecture circuit.

Sarah Palin gets 1,070+ invitations - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

This FACT just doesn't seem to jive with the Palin-hater in the article. An "insider", an "anonymous source" - what a bunch of hogwash.

Oh dear, the Left IS unhinged and it will only get worse.

Another "manufactured" story by the Left that is blowing up in their faces.
LMAO - People can't wait to hear what's going to come out her mouth next. Pure entertainment sure to draw a crowd looking for a repeat performance like the ones she gave Couric last year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies