Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,325,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Actually, many of us have come to understand that global warming and cooling are processes which the earth has undergone for well, ever. We also realize that while humans are polluters, and do release poisonous gases into the atmosphere, the one they have decided to cite as our major pollutant, CO2, is a gas which is produced mostly by natural processes, not human beings. I believe the number was something like 95% of the CO2 in our atmosphere is created by the ocean. Leading one to believe that the earth's changes are due to the earth's natural processes, not the dreaded human race. We are ravagers of the land, destroyers of natural beauty, but nature is tenacious and quickly takes back the grounds that are not kept thoroughly in check. And our climate changes are a direct result of natural reactions of the planet and the gases and elements it natural emits into the atmosphere. And, all recent evidence has begun to point towards a period of global cooling currently taking place, not global warming. So I'd say people have plenty of reason too ask questions and doubt the official story we've been fed by our government and agencies affiliated with our government.

You have to see that these people are not fighting to save you, they are fighting to enslave you. And if not enslave you, atleast profit from your attempt to be a more planet friendly human being. Take the recycling movement for example. There was a time when things like bottles and cans could be recycled, and you would receive a small amount of money in exchange for your troubles. But corporations didn't much like the part about giving out money, so they took steps to eventually make recycling a requirement. This way, they receive loads of reusable materials at no cost to them other than shipping, which helps them make even more profit, and we collect and return the materials for free because we have to.

Now nobody said doing little things like this for your planet was a bad thing. Far from it. I have no problem with reusing materials to help ease the sapping of natural resources. But I believe the savings these companies gain from using recyled material should be passed onto the consumer since they no longer pay you for your service. And that just doesn't happen folks. We pay more and more while they get tighter and tighter on recyling laws which enable them to collect even more reusable resources for their products. And all in the name of saving the planet. These people are profiting from this new "save the planet" industry and that is not fair to the people who are actually doing the work to help ease the pollution of our planet. The people on top of this entire deal are not in it to help us, they are in it for the money and the control.
Excellent post. I keep saying, "It's all about the money." This is not the first time "climate change" has been used for financial gain.
Quote:
For at least 114 years, climate “scientists” have been claiming that the climate was going to kill us…but they have kept switching whether it was a coming ice age, or global warming.
Quote:
The fact is that the mean temperature of the planet is, and should be, always wavering up or down, a bit, because this is a natural world, not a climate-controlled office. So there will always be some silly bureaucrat, in his air-conditioned ivory tower, who looks at which way it’s going right now, draws up a chart as if this is permanant, realizes how much fear can increase his funding, and proclaims doom for all of humanity.
Climate Change Timeline – 1895-2009 « But Now You Know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 AM

20,393 posts, read 12,280,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Yep, I really do not understand how AGW has taken off so far as it has. The data doesn't support them and If I had used their mathematical applications in school, I would have failed out in the weeder classes. They really are relying on politics to carry the day, but that only lasts so long and eventually you have to back your claims up, which is maybe why they are hiding the data.

I remember reading a comment by Jones (I think it was him, might have been Briffa) that was along the lines of "why would I provide you with the data? You are only going to try and prove it wrong!". Sad sad sad.
Jones.....then he "lost" that data.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
What's even better is we will have Cap & Trade. Newsflash the EPA has all the legal authority it needs already. We don't even have to pass new law. LOL scream on climate change deniers.
oh we will. you can bank on that!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:42 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,727,668 times
There's a wealth of information here:

corner archive: "Skeptics From Around The Globe"

Old 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
There's a wealth of information here:

corner archive: "Skeptics From Around The Globe"
The guy from New Zealand makes excellent points. I have read his work before. He is one of the "3000".

Old 10-01-2009, 12:19 PM

So at this point what we know from the data is that Global Warming in the 20th century rests on the growth of 12 trees somewhere in a vast forrest in some obscure place in Russia.....

12 trees!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So at this point what we know from the data is that Global Warming in the 20th century rests on the growth of 12 trees somewhere in a vast forrest in some obscure place in Russia.....

12 trees!
If a tree grows in Siberia (or Brooklyn for that matter) and nobody sees it ....

Seriously, if any other scientific discipline acted in the same manner as the AGW crowd they would be stoned and thrown out of the lab.

I don't discount climate change. I have not seen any unbiased evidence that man is the primary contributor. Secondly, if I have not seen one credible plan for dealing with AGW if it is true.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,029,459 times
CO2 going for $30 a ton. Sign up now.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:03 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,899,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Anyone seriously interested in understanding Palioclimatology needs to read this article.

In the last month the entire Hockstick house of Cards have fallen.....AGAIN.

- Bishop Hill blog - The Yamal*implosion
Yeah, its all over the science sites at the moment. Though it is gaining movement as they can only ignore these objections for so long. You can really tell who reads the science and who is cheer leading propaganda as those pushing the propaganda really have no clue how bad this is for their position. *chuckle*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies