Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I thought hosting the Olympics was an honor. Bush spent 4 days watching the Olympics when he was in office. So how would you want your tax dollars spent?

Pres. George Bush at the Olympics - chicagotribune.com
It won't be as great an honor for the nation as it will be for Jarrett and other Chicago politicians. She will make so much money from that happening that she will never have to worry about any CEOs beating her. Of course, you do know who Valerie Jarrett is?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,202,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You just called me stupid again. You aren't hurting my feelings acting like that but you are making yourself look a bit that way by doing it.
I wonder if watching Glenn Beck makes a person stupid, or if only stupid people watch Glenn Beck.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,388,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No, I was asking you to consider the proximity of El Paso to Ciudad Juarez. And then based on that proximity, if you might concede that given Chicago's size that there might be huge areas of that city that do not have the violent reputation or occurences that certain neighborhoods within the city limits do.
Sweetie, the proximity to Cd Juarez is walking distance across the bridge from downtown. Juarez is suffering because people don't even want to go there to visit family now for fear of being caught in the crossfire. Attempting to compare El Paso and Juarez to Chicago is ludicrous unless Chicago is also waging an unreported and uncontrolled war between various drug cartels.

183 posts, read 114,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I thought hosting the Olympics was an honor. Bush spent 4 days watching the Olympics when he was in office. So how would you want your tax dollars spent?

Pres. George Bush at the Olympics - chicagotribune.com

Looks like Canadians want public education and medical care.

"“That’s my concern with the Olympics — they can dominate the channeling of public funds. It sounds like I’m criticizing athletics, but I’m not; it’s the fact that there are many other things [like public education and medical care] that are easily as important, or more important, than a three-week event . . . I take my jab at the Olympics because I see that particular value [in sport] as being prioritized in a very disproportionate way,” added Nowlin."

The Peak - 2010 and Beyond - Sports

5,041 posts, read 6,202,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It won't be as great an honor for the nation as it will be for Jarrett and other Chicago politicians. She will make so much money from that happening that she will never have to worry about any CEOs beating her. Of course, you do know who Valerie Jarrett is?
How will she make money? You realize that she divested herself of all her real estate, but one. That was another lie that Beck told. Of course, fans of his wouldn't know that.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Beck calls himself a clown. Only his audience and fans think they're actually watching the news.
People who missed Beck today will remain haters and a bit stupider than they were before they missed it. He may have screwed up on Vancouver but he hit the Chicago politicians right in the chops again and again. Too bad you like to remain so uninformed about the truth.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,584,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Sweetie, the proximity to Cd Juarez is walking distance across the bridge from downtown.
Yes, that is exactly my point. And yet, El Paso is a safe town. What about this are you not getting? There are huge areas of Chicago that are perfectly safe in spite of the dangerous areas, just like the geographical area around you.

Get it now, sweetie?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Have you ever visited Chicago?
Has Valerie Jarrett ever left Chicago and the last tenement she made all that money on? Where will some of the venues be built? Why right adjacent to her worst tenements where there is so much money to be made by her.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:55 PM

183 posts, read 114,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
How will she make money? You realize that she divested herself of all her real estate, but one. That was another lie that Beck told. Of course, fans of his wouldn't know that.

Did you have a link?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's a list of the 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S. and Chicago is not on the list.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed
I wonder if the parents of that kid that was killed by being hit by a railroad tie the other day agree with you. You have seen the videos of that little rumble, haven't you?

Last edited by Yac; 11-19-2009 at 06:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies