Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:45 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,199,096 times

Advertisements

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who will have wide control over reconciling two versions of health care legislation
in the Senate, told local constituents on Thursday that the final bill will include a public option for insurance coverage.

The remarks, first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal are destined to bring a wide smile to the faces of progressives
who view the melding of health care legislation by leadership in the Senate -- and the subsequent melding between the
Senate and the House versions -- as the best chance of ensuring the public

Read more at: Reid Says Public Plan Will Be In Final Bill: Report

Yes.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM

22 posts, read 32,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who will have wide control over reconciling two versions of health care legislation
in the Senate, told local constituents on Thursday that the final bill will include a public option for insurance coverage.

The remarks, first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal are destined to bring a wide smile to the faces of progressives
who view the melding of health care legislation by leadership in the Senate -- and the subsequent melding between the
Senate and the House versions -- as the best chance of ensuring the public

Read more at: Reid Says Public Plan Will Be In Final Bill: Report

Yes.....

Now I'm torn.

I don't know if it will be more fun to watch the public option bill go down in flames or to watch the Democrats go down in flames for passing it.

I guess I'll just have to watch and hope for both.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoobedoowaah View Post
Now I'm torn.

I don't know if it will be more fun to watch the public option bill go down in flames or to watch the Democrats go down in flames for passing it.

I'll save you the trouble, neither. Dems only need 51 votes to pass this Bill before Obama signs it into Law. Ask and you shall receive: Obama stated he would like a Public Option in the Final Bill so he get's what he asked for. Dems won't go down either. Obama ran on Health Care Reform and many people got the message that without the Public Option there would be no reform whatsoever.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:02 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,418,283 times
Woo Hoo! It's about time our representatives grew a pair!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
I heard or read somewhere that the subsidies for a public plan will cap out at $88K salary for an individual.

Can anyone confirm that ? That's a heck of a lot MORE people on subsidies than our taxes can handle.
And..did Pelosi find that $500 billion in waste yet to put towards this plan ?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And..did Pelosi find that $500 billion in waste yet to put towards this plan ?
The last I heard was that Pelosi is proposing to keep it out of the Budget. You know, what Bush did with both wars...

Old 10-01-2009, 06:28 PM

22 posts, read 32,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I'll save you the trouble, neither. Dems only need 51 votes to pass this Bill before Obama signs it into Law. Ask and you shall receive: Obama stated he would like a Public Option in the Final Bill so he get's what he asked for. Dems won't go down either. Obama ran on Health Care Reform and many people got the message that without the Public Option there would be no reform whatsoever.

The voters are Americans. They will always agree to getting something for nothing, but when they actually have to sacrifice something, it's a different story. No one has ever thwarted the will of seniors and lived to tell the tale. This go 'round won't be anything new under the Sun.

Polls: Healthcare reform at all -time low, and its even WORSE than that - The Activity Pit (http://activitypit.ning.com/profiles/blogs/polls-healthcare-reform-at-all - broken link)

Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,726,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoobedoowaah View Post
Now I'm torn.

You're joking, right? The Democrats go down in flames??? while the Republicans, beknownst only to their families, will also be taking full advantage of it.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:32 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,616,707 times
But that option doesn't have the votes.It will die on the vine.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
You're joking, right? The Democrats go down in flames??? while the Republicans, beknownst only to their families, will also be taking full advantage of it.
You are so right... The Repugs will be taking full advantage of another social program, lmao. I know of a couple of distant neoCON acquaintances who tote the party ideologue but are first in line to apply for early social security benefits... It just cracks me up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies