Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 09:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,237,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I think he is stupid. He doesn't even ask questions or look at cases. He just votes automatically for the conservative line. That is why when cases are 7 to 2 or 8 to 1 he is always in the minority.
You are so very mistaken KevK. I have read some of Justice Thomas's decisions - quite interesting reads

Old 10-03-2009, 09:20 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,237,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
The correct match ups are:

Pro-Choice/Pro-Life

Anti-Choice is not a correct classification and makes the user look biased and ignorant.

With due respect - you are spouting a "politically correct" line

There actually is no "correct" description -

Either pro-abortion / anti-abortion OR

Pro-Life / Pro-Choice

Either is correct and perfectly acceptable.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:29 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,706,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
No, you know what, you are absolutely correct. Abortion is evil. Let's ban it completely. When our wives and sisters die due to previously diagnosed conditions in their pregnancy and their lives could be spared with a controlled termination, lets pretend the statistics are a left-wing conspiracy. When back-street abortions result in the deaths of our daughters while they are in high school, let's just all say together now "it isn't so". When all these women are pregnant, and have no health care, let's just say "adoption is a beautiful thing". Oh, wait, no-one wants to adopt a chronically ill infant due to lack of maternal care, let's forget about that particular one and chuck it into the foster system. We'll just adopt the next pretty baby. When the parents of these unplanned for children are trying to afford food and healthcare, tell them they need to take care of themselves, be responsible. And don't dare try and take a cent of our money in taxes to take care of these children or these mothers. They are not our responsibility. Oh...wait a minute. didn't we insist they keep these babies when they told us they really couldn't. Oh well, we don't really care about the children or their families after they are born at all as we say the mantra together "abortion is murder". There is a bigger picture here, and I get really frustrated because you can't just shout and scream about one aspect of it, and ignore everything else. Who is going to take care of these children. I have worked in maternal/child health for 25 years, and I have done something about what I believe in. I am very curious to know what others are doing about something they obviously feel so passionately about. I may be pro-choice, but I am most definitely pro-living.
I'll address the bolded:

What medical diagnosis is cured by killing a pre born baby? If I did absolutely squat about abortion, how would that make murdering an innocent life any more acceptable? One of the choices that you support, when performed correctly, results in death 100% of the time.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Promoting abortion? What part of choice confuses people? A choice to either have the baby or not. ProCHOICE does NOT equate to PROabortion.
One of the choices that you support, when performed correctly, results in death 100% of the time.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 PM

193 posts, read 191,720 times
jdeveope2
But sadly the ones who claim it is a right are much louder. And if you oppose it you are labeled an extremist, a sexist if you are male or worse(better) a misogynist, or a religious zealot. I reached MY decision without religion as did many many others. But like I said, it isn't about the babies to these folk. It's about control. They are out to control every facet of life around them. They state it clearly. They demand control over babies, men's wallets and their own reproductive processes. They can have control over their own reproduction processes and whether or not they spread their legs in the first place and they may temporarily legally (sadly) control whether MY reproductive outcome lives or dies, but they had better be ready to bear the resulting loss of respect that such acts deserve. That's why they are so intent on raising good little NOW drones, so they can have someone who will put up with their idiocy to sleep with and make more little NOW robots. No one else will put up with them. As you said, millions of their own gender find what they do reprehensible. They have now had 4 generations to turn out their drones. Then they complain about males and how they treat women when they are the ones who taught those drones what is right and wrong. It's like the total inconsistency of opposing the death penalty but condoning abortion. They favor killing the LEAST guilty and saving the ones who, for sure, may be guilty. It's just not logical, but when I confront them with logic do they answer logically? No way. It's character assassination time.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
If men could get pregnant, abortions would be available at your local 7/Eleven!
So,murdering 3 million pre born babies a year, always induces a smiley emoticon from ya, huh? You must think the Holocaust was a comedy festival.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:36 PM

Hey sunrise,
Have you ever talked to an abortion survivor? Ever known someone who did? How many wished they had been aborted? And what happened to giving your life for your child? Instead it's give your child's death for her life, or more often herconvenience. Then they want respect for that?

Last edited by halleda; 10-03-2009 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: misdirected my response.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:37 PM

The overwhelming majority of those in the pro life movement are women.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:56 PM

Sonrise,
Sorry about the misspelling before. Count me as a non-female opponent of extreme child abuse called abortion. Maybe if we started by labeling every female who aborts a child a child abuser they might get a clue but I doubt it. Call it anti-extreme child abuse or pro-extreme child abuse. That's closer to reality.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:58 PM

37,120 posts, read 42,174,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I'll address the bolded:

What medical diagnosis is cured by killing a pre born baby? .
Ectopic pregnancy? Bleeding disorders? Cancer?

Anyway, I can't think of too many things worse than a bunch of women who don't want to be pregnant being forced to carry and deliver a bunch of unwanted babies. I'm really not seeing the upside to that for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.