Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 09:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,200,144 times

Advertisements

The Unborn never had any opportunity to make choices - to make decisions.

Criminals however did have the opportunity - many in fact. And, they choose wrong.

Hence one reason I oppose abortion and support the death penalty

Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,558,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Sorry, you assume wrong.
I'm consistent. I'm against killing babies in the womb and criminals convicted of heinous crimes!

I can understand why some want to execute some criminals.
But innocent babies in the womb???

Show me the Justice!
So you are not a conservative? And you are not for death penalty?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:43 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,408,834 times
Quote:
What has the baby that is in the womb due to rape or incest done to be killed?

God has a plan for every human being. It is up to us to find out what that plan is.
I'd like to see someone w/ this view, forced to carry and deliver a child that's the product of rape or incest. Please, they'd be the first one to sign up for an abortion, then lie about it, and continue to condemn those who choose abortion, religious hypocrites just like Ted Haggard.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 AM

18,350 posts, read 18,966,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
As I have said, I am against abortion past the point of viability. If the only women who abort past this point do so because their life is at risk, then you shouldn't have and problem changing the law to outlaw convenience abortion past the point of viability.
why change the law? to restate what is already on the books? redundant. we can't now abort late term because we changed our minds. late term is for medical reasons only.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
This a loaded term that feminist use to try and suggest that men want to take away a woman's right to make decisions regarding reproduction.

The fact is, there are more women in the pro-life movement than men, and MOST people in the pro-life movement are simply wanting to save innocent lives.

Aside from that, I agree that a woman should not be forced to carry a child to term after being raped. The pregnancy carries risk for her health as well as bringing change to her body. No one has the right to tell a rape victim they must spend the next 9 months of their life carrying their attackers baby.
I think women are the majority on both sides of this issue. no one likes abortion, not even pro choice people. I wish there was a term you liked better than reproductive freedom but it says it all quite well. I am well in agreement about someone raped should never have to carry to term unless she wants to. for me it is all about choice.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
I think Vincent Price did that in a movie called the "Human Fly"!

A woman who has been raped or the victim of forced incest has a most difficult decision to make. If her faith in God is strong...

Children are a gift from God. No man or woman has a right to take a life.

The child in the womb is not guilty of any crime that requires the death penalty!

The left>>>against capital punishment>>> only when it comes to violent criminals.

if he faith in god is strong......many people do not believe in god so having faith doesn't really cut it in a lot of cases. there are many people on the left that support capital punishment.

that won't be my last misspelling I will post,I can promise that

Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 AM

757 posts, read 801,836 times
Quote:
OK, then everyone in an ICU or assisted living facility is no longer a person. Good lord man, are you serious???
The obvious difference is that PEOPLE in ICU and assisted living facility are actual people who have been born. You know, birth certificate? If you prolifers believe life starts at conception instead of birth, why don't you push for conception certificates instead of BIRTH certificates!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halleda View Post
cowboy. I am anything but religious. And even I can see that abortion is child abuse, child molestation and murder of the least guilty.
A fetus is NOT a child no matter how much you wish it to be.

A child (plural: children) is a human being between the stages of birth and puberty.
source:Child - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I understand that the facts have no place in your emotional point. But a child is already BORN you know birth?!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
So,murdering 3 million pre born babies a year, always induces a smiley emoticon from ya, huh? You must think the Holocaust was a comedy festival.
Last time I checked, abortion was still legal in the US. So calling it murder is nothing but an emotional response which has nothing to do with the legality of abortion.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM

Here is a picture of children. Not a fetus among them! LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies