Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times

Advertisements

Simple question do you see our enemies overseas as being your biggest threat or the person across the street from you that shares a different political idealogy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 10:43 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Simple question do you see our enemies overseas as being your biggest threat or the person across the street from you that shares a different political idealogy?
I don't lose any sleep over al quaida or the Taliban. I have many liberal friends. My biggest theat is the collective ideology of a government who thinks it us ok to raid my checkbook for the benefit of people who could otherwise help themselves. I have no issue in helping those who truly cannot care for themselves. I don't have an issue funding programs for those who are temporarily having problems. I think every American should receive a quality education. I have no issue with defense or other programs that provide the basic framework and infrastructure for a free and democratic society. The rest is just a money-grabbing power play by those who want to control your life.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves… Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step over the ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never!—All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth in their military chest; with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio [river], or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a Thousand years. At what point, then, is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.”
Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
On 9/11 we were all Americans and political ideology was thrown out the door. My bigger concern, as the other poster stated, is the vast amount of corrpution in govt in general. This is not specific to party lines, just across the board. It's very disturbing.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
I recall a book with a title "The Screwing of the Average Man" by David Hapgood. I think Amazon carries it.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves… Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step over the ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never!—All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth in their military chest; with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio [river], or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a Thousand years. At what point, then, is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.”
Abraham Lincoln
GREAT quote!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:22 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
That's an easy one. It wasn't the Taliban who destroyed the American Middle Class over the last decade, nor was it Osama bin Laden who tripled his Wealth at the expense of the American Citizen. We would never have invaded Iraq had it not been for the greed of those in power. My enemies are domestic but the fools who believe them are just victims

Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 PM

My enemies are domestic but the fools who believe them are just victims.

This is where I disagree, I seem them as equal participants.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:37 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
I am finding a wider gap between the "haves" and "Have less." No battles that I can see with neighbors, but the resentment runs deep. No middle class to speak of. Seems we can't blame that on some guy in a cave. It's like living with a Bi polar parent who robs our piggy bank, and tells us that debt is all part of "sacrificing" for some greater good.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:25 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
On 9/11 we were all Americans and political ideology was thrown out the door. My bigger concern, as the other poster stated, is the vast amount of corrpution in govt in general. This is not specific to party lines, just across the board. It's very disturbing.
You can not tell that to the blinded brainwashed Obama sheep.

Their leader can do no wrong. He is immune from all of that corruption you speak of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies