Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:48 AM

68,277 posts, read 54,024,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I guess the left are ignoring the fact a woman in Oregon was offered death over medical care. That is what assisted suicide has led to. Euthanisa will be next and hussein obama has filled his criminal administration with true believers of euthanisa.

I guess some on the right are still incapable of understanding the meaning, and it is quite simple, of C*H*O*I*C*E.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 07:51 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,507,053 times
Quote:
I guess the left are ignoring the fact a woman in Oregon was offered death over medical care.
Link?

Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,058,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Link?

It's been in the news and easily searched. Do some homework. I am against assisted sucide because it will and has lead to euthanisa, which is really what many want.

It would be real easy for some with narfarious reasons to convince some vunerable elder to take themselves out. It would also be an easy path to murder to say they assisted someone that C*H*O*S*E assisted sucide.

Why is it we are always talking about means of death when it come to things liberals support?

Old 10-03-2009, 12:50 PM

37,043 posts, read 41,975,975 times
Quote:
It's been in the news and easily searched. Do some homework. I am against assisted sucide because it will and has lead to euthanisa, which is really what many want.

It would be real easy for some with narfarious reasons to convince some vunerable elder to take themselves out. It would also be an easy path to murder to say they assisted someone that C*H*O*S*E assisted sucide.

Why is it we are always talking about means of death when it come to things liberals support?
Who has been euthanized?
I support this kind of thing because it because it gives all the power to the individual and not to strangers (like you) to decide things. I'm thinking there could be some negative outcomes and abuse no matter what so I'm all for coming down on the side of personal responsibility rather than leaving something so PERSONAL to public opinion. And I'm not even what you would call a "liberal".

Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,600,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am a conservative but I have to say that if I develop a terminal illness, I would like to have the choice to end my life if and when I choose to do so in the manner in which I choose to do so.
Withput first giving your Childrens Inheritence to the Health Care Industry, that's illegal. You're not allowed to die until you have "spent down" everything.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:03 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,024,644 times
Quote:

Because some of you NeoConfuseds with the compulsion to impose your alleged morals on others can at times make death seem like the preferable choice

Old 10-03-2009, 01:09 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,232,026 times
As far as I know there are nor laws that would be effective in preventing you from killing yourself if you set your mind to it. If that's your thing, I say go for it but don't involve others.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,293,065 times
I know some religious folks will be up in arms about it, but I see no reason why someone who wants to die with dignity can't do that. Instead, many folks would like to see the sick die a slow, painful, and humiliating death.

Personally, if I know I'm going to end up in a hospital bed, in constant pain, crapping all over myself, and unable to move, I'd rather just end it and be done with it.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM

37,043 posts, read 41,975,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
As far as I know there are nor laws that would be effective in preventing you from killing yourself if you set your mind to it. If that's your thing, I say go for it but don't involve others.
The "others" are usually medical professionals who not only WANT to help but are the only ones with access to the means of a dignified death. I see the benifit to drifting off over blowing your brains out. It's expecially important if you are physically unable to do anything due to your condition. Someone who has no control over their body or is tethered to tubes in a hospital bed really can't just go jump off a bridge you see...

Compasionate medical folk have been "helping" forever, you just don't know about it because it's none of your business.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:08 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,232,026 times
I may support a law to protect medical folks who wish to take part in the euthanasia of a terminally ill patients who requests it but that same law also has to protect medical people who do not wish to take part in abortion or euthanasia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies