Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 08:33 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,056,092 times

Advertisements

I already reject most everything hollywood puts out. It is there rare movie that does not have the token sex, vomit or referance to poo. It is an insult that they think you need these things or you will not like the movie.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 10-03-2009 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 08:35 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,056,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
People should be boycotted for what they do not because of their opinions. That's just childish.

What's childish about it. What they DO is assume the public wants to hear their stupid opinions or their support for murderers and child rapists.

Boycott them? H*LL YES!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:42 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,952,147 times
Default Macy's is a Sponsor of "The View"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What's childish about it. What they DO is assume the public wants to hear their stupid opinions or their support for murderers and child rapists.

Boycott them? H*LL YES!
Maybe a letter writing campaign to Macy's about there sposorship of "The View" who features Whoopie Goldberg (She does not think what Roman Polanski did was wrong)

So Macy's is on my list to Boycott in reference to "The View"!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 PM

3,278 posts, read 1,915,983 times
Default the others? who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Have you had enough of Hollywood Elitists advancing their warped agendas through their Television and Movie Productions?

Do you get sick and tired of hearing Oprah, Sean Penn, The View, Larry King and so on spew out their way and you disagree you are an idiot point of view? For instance Roman Polanski?

If you are then write to the companies who advertise with them. Let them know you are fed up with their support of the likes of David Letterman, Chris Mathews, Oprah, The View and so on!

Please post Television and Movies that you believe should be BOYCOTTED along with their sponsors!
I completely absolutely totally 100% HATE OPRAH Moderator cut: language WINFREY. She is the biggest phoney, race baiting, Moderator cut: racist when she wants, delusional, self-aggrandizing on the face of this earth. Somebody please just shoot herModerator cut: going a bit too far here!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-06-2009 at 07:33 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 08:48 PM

34 posts, read 61,580 times
I havent been to a theater in a couple years... if i want to watch it i just download it. I can live without hollywood, would very much enjoy watching it crumble. Discovery and History channel is all i watch.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:58 PM

29,918 posts, read 18,480,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Have you had enough of Hollywood Elitists advancing their warped agendas through their Television and Movie Productions?

Do you get sick and tired of hearing Oprah, Sean Penn, The View, Larry King and so on spew out their way and you disagree you are an idiot point of view? For instance Roman Polanski?

If you are then write to the companies who advertise with them. Let them know you are fed up with their support of the likes of David Letterman, Chris Mathews, Oprah, The View and so on!

Please post Television and Movies that you believe should be BOYCOTTED along with their sponsors!

I don't agree. If I boycotted every liberal, I would never see a movie again. I have seen many Henry Fonda, Tom Hanks, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, and Danny Glover movies that I like. I just don't listen to their public nonsense, as the information delievered by the GED "intelligensia" is beyond any performance they have done on screen and is way too funny. I am sure that if these people boycotted every conservative, they probably would never go to a physician or dentist, nor would they have anyone to arrange thier offshore financial accounts to avoid the taxes they want on the rest of us.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 PM

Default Oprah's Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
I completely absolutely totally 100% HATE OPRAH FUGGIN WINFREY. She is the biggest phoney, race baiting, Moderator cut: racist when she wants, delusional,Moderator cut: going a bit too far here!
General Motors or I guess now it is Obama Moters is a major sponsor of the Oprah Show, I will start to write letters to them as well.

Also finding out about the advertisers in the Oprah Magazine would help! THis is a great Forum but can you imagine how a boycott can get your message across!!!????

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-06-2009 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-03-2009, 09:06 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,450,087 times
Quote:
Originally posted by dcsldcd

Boycott them? H*LL YES!
Well, I think it's childish because mature people should be able to handle hearing different viewpoints from theirs without throwing a temper tantrum about it.

If I don't like what an actor says I just ignore it and keep watching the movie. Now if they make bad movies....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:12 PM

Cool The Best Way to crumble Hollywood is to Stop Giving Them Your Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiarTJ View Post
I havent been to a theater in a couple years... if i want to watch it i just download it. I can live without hollywood, would very much enjoy watching it crumble. Discovery and History channel is all i watch.
There are certainly more enjoyable and worth while ways to entertain yourself than succumbing to Hollywood. Stop giving money to Hollywood and you will most definitely see them change their tune!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:13 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,192,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I've boycotted certain Hollywood actors for years - Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Saranden, Garofolo, Glover, and a bunch others.
It would seem that the power of conservative boycotts is fairly limited, then, as these actors have had a lot of success.

I guess most of America has no problem with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies