Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:49 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

oooohhhhhh....he spoke with his wife....how disgusting...ooooohhh....

Just kidding. I am trying to sound like a right wing-nut.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:49 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Burdell...You just proved my point about liberals and their attitude toward the military...Its about giving a morale boost to our men and women in uniform...that we stand behind them..but thats something you and saganista wouldn't understand...the only things you two would understand..is joining leftwing protesters spitting on vetrans...
My Dad was a vet, my brothers are vets my DH is a vet, my son was in the military, my nephew is currently in the military.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
...but thats something you and saganista wouldn't understand...the only things you two would understand..is joining leftwing protesters spitting on vetrans...
Great. When you run out of intelligent things to say -- which seems to have happened right before Post #1 -- resort to baseless personal attacks.

And assuming the "spitting on veterans" reference was intended with reference to those returning from Vietnam, it is yet another sham. The disrespect for that service came from people like the American Legion and Veterans of Foriegn Wars who reviled our returning troops as nothing but a bunch of dope-smoking hippies who had disgraced America by losing a war.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:53 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
Thank Mr. President for caring enough about your wife and celebrating a happy event.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:54 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times
Quote:
we all know", huh? This leftie wore his country's uniform when she asked. Did a good job, too. When was the last time you stood a watch?
Actually..21 years...working for the Army redesigning equipment to improve the quality of their lives...and i think myself and our team have done a good job in spite of fighting liberal democrats trying to constantly cut back the military's budget..

Old 10-04-2009, 09:56 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times
Quote:
Actually..21 years...working for the Army redesigning equipment in improve the quality of their lives...and i think myself and our team has done good job in spite of fighting liberal democrats trying to constantly cut back the military's budget..

did you stand watch or serve as a contractor?

Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Burdell...You just proved my point about liberals and their attitude toward the military...Its about giving a morale boost to our men and women in uniform...that we stand behind them..but thats something you and saganista wouldn't understand...the only things you two would understand..is joining leftwing protesters and spitting on vetrans...
This post is one of the most uninformed pieces of obvious Limbaugh inspired rhetoirc that I have ever read. How have you stood behind the troops? Please be specific. You are ranting against the wrong POTUS. Your anger should be directed at the previous adminisration that ilegally sent these troops there in the first place. Afghanistan was never addressed properly as Bush was too busy focusing on Iraq. The blood is on The Bush Crime Family's hands and nobody else's. You can attempt to rewrite history, but truth is truth. Look at the condition of Walter Reed Hospital while Dubya was in office. What about Pat Tillman's family being lied to about the circumstances of his death? The private contractors of Hell-ibuton doing work that caused the death of soldiers by electrocution in the shower due to slipshod inferior construction. Yeah, Bush loved those troops so much that sewage was raining down on them when they were asleep due to faulty construction by more no bid contractors. Doesn't it ever bother you to post without facts, which seems to be ubiquitous with the right.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-04-2009 at 10:07 AM..

Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Actually..21 years...working for the Army redesigning equipment to improve the quality of their lives...and i think myself and our team have done a good job in spite of fighting liberal democrats trying to constantly cut back the military's budget..

Tell us about your active duty military service, if you'd be so kind. We don't need to hear about you draining the defense budget in your featherbed job safe at home.Or how that now, in retirement, you're continuing to exist off taxpayer funds while griping about the government that supports you.

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Burdell...You just proved my point about liberals and their attitude toward the military...Its about giving a morale boost to our men and women in uniform...that we stand behind them..but thats something you and saganista wouldn't understand...the only things you two would understand..is joining leftwing protesters spitting on vetrans...
The crew of the USS Abraham Lincoln had their deployment prolonged by Bush's stunt.

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Would you prefer the President spent his anniversary "Hiking the Appalachian Trail".
May have been more enlightening, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies