Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:59 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Who?Me?...whether you want to admit it or not...we all know that the left in this county has a deeep hatred of the military and the men and women in uniform..so don't try to spin it for Obama..please...
You might want to read about Joe Sestak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the lefty who is running against Arlen Specter in the Democratic primary.

And it probably is going to surprise you to learn that more veterans in Congress are Democrats than Republican. http://grunt.space.swri.edu/senatevet.htm , http://grunt.space.swri.edu/housevet.htm

Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Actually..21 years...working for the Army redesigning equipment to improve the quality of their lives...
Sounds like mil-speak for latrine-cleaning.

Quote:
and i think myself and our team have done a good job in spite of fighting liberal democrats trying to constantly cut back the military's budget..
Right. Post some data. All those neat toys that Bush used to blow up Iraq were handed to him by Bill Clinton. And that whole Stealth program? Where did that get its start?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,198 times
Quote:
You might want to read about Joe Sestak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the lefty who is running against Arlen Specter in the Democratic primary.

And it probably is going to surprise you to learn that more veterans in Congress are Democrats than Republican. Veterans in Congress , housevet
Well Sagran...who in the senate compared our troops to NAZI's, SOVIETS & POL POT..

Liberal Democrat Senator Durbin...Have you ever heard a republican say that.. He basically made a mistake...he let his true colors out...like most liberals that hate the military...whether they want to admit or not

Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Who?Me?...whether you want to admit it or not...we all know that the left in this county has a deeep hatred of the military and the men and women in uniform..so don't try to spin it for Obama..please...
The Left did not misuse and abuse our military by starting an unnecessary vanity war.

Bush hated the military so much that he deserted his post that his father bought for him in a safe unit in the states to keep him from having to go and fight for America in Viet Nam.

What tripe.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:12 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Surprise! Helmets for Troops Substandard, So Bush Administration Orders More

A North Dakota manufacturer has agreed to pay $2 million to settle a suit saying it had repeatedly shortchanged the armor in up to 2.2 million helmets for the military, including those for the first troops sent to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Twelve days before the settlement with the Justice Department was announced, the company, Sioux Manufacturing of Fort Totten, was given a new contract of up to $74 million to make more armor for helmets to replace the old ones, which were made from the late 1980s to last year.

There have been many, many things wrong with how the wars have been waged. I don't think I need to go through a litany of them. But, to me, there is no issue more tragic than how Donald "The Army You Have" Rumsfeld, and this administration have been absolutely and totally irresponsible -- indeed wreckless -- in how they go about protecting our troops at the most basic levels, from body armor, to Humvee armor, and now, to helmets.

Jon Soltz: Surprise! Helmets for Troops Substandard, So Bush Administration Orders More

Yeah, The Bush Crime Family loved those troops, but they loved their contractor cronies a little bit more!

Old 10-04-2009, 10:13 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,198 times
Quote:
Sounds like mil-speak for latrine-cleaning.
whether thats true or not...what have you done for the men and women in uniform...;o/

Old 10-04-2009, 10:16 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I know, I know, you rightists HATE anything resembling family values, love between married couples, traditional family celebrations which bind families more closely.......

Will YOU celebrate...oh, say, Christmas...your anniversary...even if soldiers are dying????

Maybe all should listen to you and forget Christmas this year....waste of money anyway....and some people are dying.
So true...And so quick to debunk him OP...It's going to take some time for him to get everything straight. Do your problems all go away right away? I mean his are huge! Think about it. If you dwelled on your problems all the time...and never got away from it....it wouldn't make you think better...just more grouchy and do stupid things without thinking.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:17 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
whether thats true or not...what have you done for the men and women in uniform...;o/
off topic. it says a lot that you have to change the topic in your own thread because you don't have anything to say to support it.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
yea, I loved watching Wonderboy windshield cowboying every chance he could get for 8 years while Dick was minding the store. Never bothered you when Wonderboy MADE FUN OF not finding WMD's ... that was much more vile than Obama taking his wife to dinner for a couple hours. And Wonderboy stating that he doesn't really think much about OBL and where he's hiding ... or declaring mission accomplished while thousands have died ever since. Yea, this Obama guy just doesn't have any business celebrating his wedding anniversary ... nooooooo!! IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH!!!!!!

Oohhhhhh .... I'm sure that Obama never ever ever speaks to McChrystal EVER ...that was his one shot.

These raving righties have absolutely no memory.
Absolutely Beautiful! Does anybody remember "My Pet Goat" or the so hysterical moment when Bush was looking under his desk IN THE WHITE HOUSE for the WMD? Geez, that was a real knee-slapper. What a way to show respect for the victims of 9/11 and our troops. Funny though, suddenly Bush wasn't such a bad president. Then why was he the first President leaving office after 8 yrs, in recent history, to not even attend the RNC or to even be with his party on Election Night? I really thought this thread was some kind of joke. At first.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Left did not misuse and abuse our military by starting an unnecessary vanity war.

Bush hated the military so much that he deserted his post that his father bought for him in a safe unit in the states to keep him from having to go and fight for America in Viet Nam.

What tripe.
+ 1000!!!!!!! Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies