Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:41 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,407,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You are incorrect:

'However,since these treatments are the actual live flu virus there are also instances in which the recipients themselves get sick and also transmit the virus to others.

The transmission rate is estimated to be 1-2.4%.

The initial five target groups for preemptive vaccination against the novel H1N1 Swine flu comprises 159 million people alone in the United States.

A 2% infection rate on half of this group is over 1.5 million people.

Now figure in how many people who come into contact with those inadvertently infected people.

So in essence the prevention procedures for the novel H1N1 Swine Flu virus could actually contribute to the development and spread of the flu virus nationally and internationally.'

Live Attenuated Flu Virus Vaccine For H1N1 - Wellsphere
If you note, I said "In healthy people". I don't usually debate this immunization stuff with people who quote from unreliable sources, but I think it's important that people get immunized and not be swayed by scare tactics. Again, this is not a new vaccine; flu mist has been around for several years, and I for one do not know of any of our patients out of hundreds per year, who has gotten influenza from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,651,770 times
I'm not concerned about the seasonal flu vaccines that we've had for years. I'm concerned about this specific vaccine - the H1N1 and the rush to market, along with the rush to get *everyone* vaccinated. Maybe that's just me, but I'm comfortable in my concern about that.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,642,646 times
the h1n1 vaccine is not any different from the seasonal vaccines though. every year the virus strains covered by the standard vaccine change, because the virus mutates. this year, it covers the h1n1 strain. that's the only difference. there have always been injectable vaccines with killed viruses and there have been inhalable vaccines with live viruses for years now.

i don't support mandatory vaccination, but baseless fearmongering about the vaccine isn't doing anyone any favors. people, especially people who are high risk for complications need to realize that the risks of getting the flu are much higher than the risk of getting the vaccine, or they could literally die.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:00 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,799,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you note, I said "In healthy people". I don't usually debate this immunization stuff with people who quote from unreliable sources, but I think it's important that people get immunized and not be swayed by scare tactics. Again, this is not a new vaccine; flu mist has been around for several years, and I for one do not know of any of our patients out of hundreds per year, who has gotten influenza from it.
Yum. Gotta get me some of that live H1N1 virus nasal spray. It's goooood!

Old 10-05-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
How much are right-wing paranoia groups paying you??? I tend to agree with people who keep their wits about them. Generally, this is not the right-wingers at this time as they seem to be living in a general state of fear and paranoia about pretty much everything that anyone does anymore.
'Right-wing'? At least extend me the courtesy of being 'Left-wing' paranoid, which I am, now that I see what the government-corporate state has in store for us - and it ain't pretty.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,429,582 times
I have no issue with the vaccine being available but I do not believe it should be mandatory. I would never give my child a vaccine that has been rushed through and has ZERO years of statistics and follow up. No freakin way!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,284,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not true of the pediatric office where I work.
H1N1 vaccine may have hidden costs - Opinion

"Research published in the August 25, 2009 issue of the British Medical Journal reveals that more than half of doctors and nurses in public hospitals would also refuse the H1N1 vaccine, due to concerns about side effects and doubts about its efficacy."

Tamiflu Drug, Flu Vaccine, Serious Side Effects

Old 10-06-2009, 05:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,651,770 times
Default Journalist files charges against WHO and UN

Watch this latest interview with Jane Burgermeister. It is very important. Even if we don't get the vaccine, it can be transmitted to us by people that do. YouTube - Project Camelot interviews Jane Burgermeister (September 8, 2009)

Journalist Files Charges against WHO and UN for Bioterrorism and Intent to Commit Mass Murder
by Barbara L. Minton, citizen journalist

(NaturalNews) As the anticipated July release date for Baxter's A/H1N1 flu pandemic vaccine approaches, an Austrian investigative journalist is warning the world that the greatest crime in the history of humanity is underway. Jane Burgermeister has recently filed criminal charges with the FBI against the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations (UN), and several of the highest ranking government and corporate officials concerning bioterrorism and attempts to commit mass murder. She has also prepared an injunction against forced vaccination which is being filed in America. These actions follow her charges filed in April against Baxter AG and Avir Green Hills Biotechnology of Austria for producing contaminated bird flu vaccine, alleging this was a deliberate act to cause and profit from a pandemic.

For more information:
Vaccines as Biological Weapons? Live Avian Flu Virus Placed in Baxter Vaccine Materials Sent to 18 Countries by Mike Adams the Health Ranger
http://birdflu666.wordpress.com/200...
http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/200906 (broken link)...
The Times of India: Latest News India, World & Business News, Cricket & Sports, Bollywood...

Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,145,963 times
I was reading the local paper this morning, & it said a grant to help the county deal w/ pandemic H1N1 flu is going to add two positions to the helth department, for 2 years. I find that kinda funny, as several people here, including myself & my 3 kids, have already HAD the dang swine flu!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Watch this latest interview with Jane Burgermeister. It is very important. Even if we don't get the vaccine, it can be transmitted to us by people that do.
YouTube - Project Camelot interviews Jane Burgermeister (September 8, 2009)

Journalist Files Charges against WHO and UN for Bioterrorism and Intent to Commit Mass Murder
by Barbara L. Minton, citizen journalist

(NaturalNews) As the anticipated July release date for Baxter's A/H1N1 flu pandemic vaccine approaches, an Austrian investigative journalist is warning the world that the greatest crime in the history of humanity is underway. Jane Burgermeister has recently filed criminal charges with the FBI against the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations (UN), and several of the highest ranking government and corporate officials concerning bioterrorism and attempts to commit mass murder. She has also prepared an injunction against forced vaccination which is being filed in America. These actions follow her charges filed in April against Baxter AG and Avir Green Hills Biotechnology of Austria for producing contaminated bird flu vaccine, alleging this was a deliberate act to cause and profit from a pandemic.

For more information:
Vaccines as Biological Weapons? Live Avian Flu Virus Placed in Baxter Vaccine Materials Sent to 18 Countries by Mike Adams the Health Ranger
http://birdflu666.wordpress.com/200...
http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/200906 (broken link)...
The Times of India: Latest News India, World & Business News, Cricket & Sports, Bollywood...
Thanks for these links - which I believe are rational justifications for my paranoia. Fight them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies