Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:16 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't think she's the first choice of most Republicans. But she'd definitely get the full support of those remaining in the GOP if she were to be their nominee. The Republican party is no longer the strong nationwide political machine it was a decade ago. It's now the hangout of religious extremists, racists, and angry old farts who hate the world. Those of us with a few brain cells still remaining are disgusted by this and have moved on. We're now Democrats or independents.

The religious right has driven the GOP to the edge of oblivion. It will be very interesting to see how they react to their imminent demise.
FYI, 71% of Americans believe in God. Just thought you might want to know that. Despite the left's campaign against religion, it has yet to be marginalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 09:15 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Do most Republicans support Palin for President ?
Who cares? She's a loser and a quitter. The repugs are sore losers, with not clearly defined leadership skills.
Here we have another who thinks name calling supports their ideas.
I could say " The damnarats are inept winners" but I wont. !

Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
FYI, 71% of Americans believe in God. Just thought you might want to know that. Despite the left's campaign against religion, it has yet to be marginalized.
what campaign against religion is that, Mr Joshua?

do you mean the War on Christmas Bill O'Reilly's program directors have him dust off and unfurl again every mid-November, then drop every Dec. 26?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
I hope she doesn't run...the media would just slaughter her, plus she has done nothing to increase her experience to run the Free World.

She would do best in supporting whomever the nominee turns out to be, stumping for them, etc...

Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
I certainly wouldn't vote for Obama, but I'd also have a hard time voting for Palin if is she was the only choice. I don't think she's as dumb as the left says, and she certainly couldn't be any worse than Obama. People obviously feel threatened by her even though they say how dumb she is, because they keeeeeeeeeeeeep bringing her up constantly. She's a quitter though. The job of the president would be tougher than the job she quit. It's that simple to me.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Default Do most Republicans support Palin for President ?

All of us who oppose the agenda of the far right fervently hope that Ms Palin is the GOP's 2012 nominee.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
All of us who oppose the agenda of the far right fervently hope that Ms Palin is the GOP's 2012 nominee.
I have a gut feeling you can stop hoping. I don't think she will even run.. The media has ruined her.

Nita

Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Most Democrats support Palin for President......................................... ..

As the Republican candidate
Hey, you're onto something here! I Palin runs, the repugs can't possibly win! A little reverse phsychology sure goes a long way.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have a gut feeling you can stop hoping. I don't think she will even run.. The media has ruined her.

Nita
Rats!

Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita

I think you're right. She'll probably have her own program on Fox News within the next year or so. That'll be too good a gig to give up for a political campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies