Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's all about You.
About my opinion, yes. What did you think, that only your lofty opinion matters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If the US had worked out a different deal with Mexico, one that benefited Americans in the US better than Mexicans in the US, not so many people would be trying to get into the US. If US educated ALL of its children much better there'd be no need for the H-1B visas.
There are more than just the Mexican people that want in this country. Many are willing to do so legally. There are a whole lot more people trying to get in then there wanting to leave. So those that wish to leave , I wish them well

Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Probably true all over the world, what you don't know...and all that.

Some people talk about moving out of the USA to another country as if the other country is some kind of paradise on earth. You see the same thing with people moving from one state to another. Every real and imagined fault of the left behind state is highlighted, while the worst we hear about the new one is "oh sure, it's not perfect but...", followed by a laundry list of everything they think is going to be just great. Including that the local population are just the nicest, friendliest, non substance abusing, hard working, moral people ever, EVER! It's usually that way because they are still in their fantasy state of mind but reality rarely measures up. That's whey people are leaving their "almost perfect" state to move to another. Just like people move to the USA from all over the world.

You know how when you meet a new person and start to hang out with them constantly and think they are the best person ever, EVER, and then you start seeing faults and flaws and having fights? It's kind of like that but on a bigger scale.
That is really true, but that shouldn't stop people from trying to improve the things that are wrong. No country is perfect. I feel like people on this thread are really offended even though they shouldn't be.
Because "their" country was criticised they feel like they need to attack the OP on a personal level.
To me that is an Ego-thing, and does not help in this situation.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Ever tried to qualify for Medicaid?

Ever tried to get a Medicaid rep to answer the phone??

Ever tried to get services once qualified???
So..... I am guessing you are in favor of 0bamaCare. As if that will be any different.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:51 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
There are more than just the Mexican people that want in this country. Many are willing to do so legally. There are a whole lot more people trying to get in then there wanting to leave. So those that wish to leave , I wish them well
Are the ones clamoring to get in going to bring the cultural influences that will improve our society or degrade it? That's the question.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Sorry,

but someone who just happens to have a good time in Europe doesn't make the USA 'awful'.

Anyone can pick out an American flaw, but when you say 'awful', you put it on another level entirely. Ever been to a non-First world country?

Do you ever think that you simply just might like Europe better? And perhaps the USA isn't awful but yet, Europe just may be for you instead?

If I prefer Nissan over Honda that doesn't make Honda 'awful'.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:55 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Are the ones clamoring to get in going to bring the cultural influences that will improve our society or degrade it? That's the question.
We are a country based on legal immigration, unless your a full blooded American Indian.
I think the legal immigrants have brought us a rich culture.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:57 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
About my opinion, yes. What did you think, that only your lofty opinion matters?
A self-centered, selfish attitude blinds us to the fact that we're not the only country on the planet. Whether you like it or not, the opinions of the shallow-minded in other countries *do* affect you, see 9/11/2001.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Immigration to the United States#Origin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-06-2009, 10:02 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
That is really true, but that shouldn't stop people from trying to improve the things that are wrong. No country is perfect. I feel like people on this thread are really offended even though they shouldn't be.
Because "their" country was criticised they feel like they need to attack the OP on a personal level.
To me that is an Ego-thing, and does not help in this situation.
Oh everything on the forums is "an ego thing" lol.

I think that we DO have to continually try to improve things. We can't do what we've always done, nor can we cling to the "day's of yore" and try to get back to those fantasy times when everything was rosey. Obama was right that we need change, but the change we need is going to **** off everyone because we can't manage the future like we managed he past. It doesn't work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies