Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 02:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
People who speak out against this sick Hollywood influence. Those who don't want this in their society. That is who the "enlightened" group is

Of course you seem quite contented with it.....
Yeah...so, that doesn't answer the question at all. All you did was mention hollywood...whoopdeedoo. I still have no idea what you're talking about w/degeneracy. Perhaps you can explain it to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 02:59 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Default America...... Can It Be This Bad ??? .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I am not saying this to slam the US. I love the USA and I am an American, and I hope that it becomes a great country again, but right now it is not a good place to live.

I moved overseas once again recently and it's like a breath of fresh air in many, many ways.

The people here are not constantly paranoid and nuerotic like in the US.

The people here are not nervous wrecks, swallowing anti-depressents all day making pharmacuetical companies rich.

The streets are not dangerous and a cesspool of criminal activity like the US streets are.

There are not perverts, crackheads and freaks everywhere like the US. You can walk by strangers and assume that they are safe and peaceful instead of having to tense up. You can actually expect people to be NORMAL instead of living in a society of fruitcakes.

There is actually life on the streets past 10 p.m. besides drunken buffoonery and fighting.

I can go to the hospital without paying thousands of dollars when I need to.

I can go to the dentist without paying a ton of money. I can afford a perfect smile.

I pay about 4% in taxes instead of over 15%.

I do not have to pay unreasonable rent prices that suck all my money away. Rent is very affordable.

I can walk outside at 11 p.m. and eat at hundreds of restaurants, go to dozens of bars and clubs, go clothes shopping or grocery shopping, and I am in a small town too with nearby hills to hike.

What else? There are so many things wrong with the USA that hit me like a slap in the face when I go to other places and see that it is not that bad everywhere. When I go back to the USA again I will probably not be too happy with it, it's just not a functional society, it's dysfunctional, the people are weird, it's expensive and difficult to survive. It's just not a very comfortable society, the energy in the US has gone rotten.

My fellow Americans ....please, please, PLEASE realize that you have let the USA go to crap. Yes YOU have let it go to crap. Take responsibility for your own country instead of constantly pointing the finger or expecting your political party to clean up the mess.

The Democrats and Republicans will not fix the USA. The American people will have to do it THEMSELVES. People in most places realise this concept, but Americans seem to just back up corrupt political parties, hoping that will solve the problem.

While you all are fighting amongst yourselves in stupid, juvenile, left vs. right arguements. The politicians have been slowly destoying the USA for the past 30 years, accelerating the process drastically in the past decade.

You all fight amongst yourseves like tigers in a zoo cage, when you should be going after the zookeeper who has you locked in the cage? You all like the house slaves who have totally sold out to the master, just to be able to live with him in his comfortable house and live a slightly better life than the field slaves.

You know what i'm saying?

The US federal government is growing and growing and growing. They are in fact hiring lots of people right now. What does that tell you? It tells me that the government is growing HUGE in the USA. And no, this is not a leftist thing, the right wing in the US is in on this too.

The Dems and Repubs in the US are both scum. These political parties MUST not be allowed to drag the USA into the toilet. WHEN WILL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE STAND UP TO BOTH OF THESE POLITICAL PARTIES AND SAY THAT'S ENOUGH?????

Please do something about this. Over here on the other side of the Pacific, the USA's reputation is starting to become tarnished. The USA is losing it's status as being a wonderful land of opportunity.

The US is gaining a reputation for being a cesspool of violence, political corruption, unnaffordable living and rude, psychotic, drug addicted people all over. Yes, the US has this reputation here.

Realize. The USA is in BIG trouble. So much trouble that I escaped the USA just to be able to survive, work, get health care and live a comfortable life.

Thank you very much.
Greeting's,

The California Bear Has Much To Say Regarding "An Opinion" Of
"Dire Conditions"..... Regarding The America Nation !!!

Most Folks realize That America..... At This Particular Juncture
In It's Great History..... Is truly Experiencing A Most Difficult
Period..... Perhaps "Unparalled" Since The "1930"s.....

I Am In Complete Agreement With the "Bears"....." Extremely Logical
Premise Of The American Peoples Vital Role Involving A
"Rebuilding Of America's House".....

The American People Are Most Capable Of Actively
"Re-Establishing An America..... That Truly Reflects The Profound
Ideals And Intentions Of 'The Founding Fathers"..... And Without
Doubt...... Will Do So With Great Conviction At Some Point In The
Near Future.....

But...... For Now May We As Proud Americans..... Not Make A
"Mad Rush" To A "Hasty Judgement"..... America & The American
People Have Safely Weathered Many, Many Severe "Storms" In
It's Magnificent History..... There Is Yet ... A "Great Deal Of
Hope For The Survival Of America.....

The American People Have Always Been The Outstanding
"Keys" To The Continuing Survival Of This Cherish Nation.....

Thank You / L.F.

Last edited by L.Funk; 10-06-2009 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Sentences Too Long..... Thanks / L.F.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:26 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Your average right wing supporter in the USA doesn't have the mental sophistication to vote in his own self interest. He's been tricked by rhetoric that divides Americans along cultrual divides...race/gays/exaggerated external threats/religion.
Ah, religion!

The Right regards Big Business as its savior - And possible the fulfillment of its "Rapture".

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post11072073

Old 10-06-2009, 03:43 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I'm in an Asian country.

The point is not where I am at now. The point is where the USA is at right now.
Considering your point is not where you're at right now, you sure had a lot to say about it. I had a client that had just returned to the U.S. from Singapore where he had been managing a Hyatt hotel for several years. He couldn't stop talking about how it was living there and your description of where you're living sounds very much like what he had described to me about Singapore....specifically, the low crime rate and how safe it was to walk around late at night. The point he kept making to me was the reason for it being like that.......he credited it to how strict the laws were and how severe the penalties if you broke one.....that people thought twice about doing anything illegal for fear of the penalty they would receive if caught. This was in the late 90's but, he told me the penalty for drug dealing (which amounted possession over a specific limit, depending upon the drug) was execution by hanging.....for something as simple as neglecting to flush the toilet in a public restroom, you could be fined around $500.

Now I'm not saying you're in Singapore (or even a country with similar laws) but, there are reasons why things are the way they are and your lack of detail as to what country you're currently living in, makes one wonder if there is also a lack of detail that explains the reason (to some degree) the country you're currently living in, is the way that it is.

As much as my client was comfortable with the laws in Singapore while he lived there, I'm not sure I would feel the same way if it were like that here in the U.S.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
As a newcomer to America from Greece,I have to state that each country has a system which is suitable to its people's soul & mentality.

I am an energetic,dynamic,active person,

I like movies with Arnold,Sly,Seagal,Norris,JCV Damme,Ludgren,Roberts,

I liken guns & the feeling of power, I am a NRA member,
I like quality of life,luxury,big houses,big cars,everything big,for better or for...worse.

So to me & some 20% of the Europeans who are pro-american,USA is the place to live your life,

For the far left 20% of the Americans, & most Euros,their countries are better.

So,each one finds a suitable country & lifestyle.

Each one can get whatever he prefers.

But no country is "awful " per se.

Those who don't like USA should emigrate to Europe & vice versa.

It is that simple...

Old 10-06-2009, 05:47 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
The OP has made the error of equating California with the U.S.

My recommendation for the discontented: try different areas of the U.S.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
BTW,Singapore is fantastic...an oasis...

The death penalty for drug mega-dealers exists but only on paper & the dealer must carry...2kg of heroin or more,so he has to be a monstrous criminal to actually get a death sentence...

They also have...humorous punishments ,like...caning...

Singie is also the cleanest place on earth,because it bans even ...recreational chewing gum,so its sidewalks are mirror clean...

Old 10-06-2009, 06:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
There are certain groups within, but, as a whole, America has no ethics, principles, nor ideals. And the morals are comparable to those of Old Europe in the 14th Century.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post

The death penalty for drug mega-dealers exists but only on paper & the dealer must carry...2kg of heroin or more,so he has to be a monstrous criminal to actually get a death sentence...

Singie is also the cleanest place on earth,because it bans even ...recreational chewing gum,so its sidewalks are mirror clean...
Since most Americans can't even abide by simple Homeonwers Association rules I'm doubtful they would consider what you discribed as "an oasis".

Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
As a newcomer to America from Greece,I have to state that each country has a system which is suitable to its people's soul & mentality.

I am an energetic,dynamic,active person,

I like movies with Arnold,Sly,Seagal,Norris,JCV Damme,Ludgren,Roberts,

I liken guns & the feeling of power, I am a NRA member,
I like quality of life,luxury,big houses,big cars,everything big,for better or for...worse.

So to me & some 20% of the Europeans who are pro-american,USA is the place to live your life,

For the far left 20% of the Americans, & most Euros,their countries are better.

So,each one finds a suitable country & lifestyle.

Each one can get whatever he prefers.

But no country is "awful " per se.

Those who don't like USA should emigrate to Europe & vice versa.

It is that simple...
Yes, that's true. To each their own I guess.

Quote:

I've heard Singapore is really nice. I had a 13 hr. layover in Singapore on my way to Malaysia & I'm so bummed that I didn't leave the airport. What a wasted opportunity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies