Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:19 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Actually where I work the majority of the lazy good for nothings are hard core repubs who want palin as president and listen to Rush, Beck and savage.

Sure. They are all on public assistance, welfare, are unemployed and sit at home all day. That certainly describes the republican voter base. Tell me again why the dems and their consituents are for entitlements? That just doesn't seem to make sense that hard working people would want to support a bunch of lazy bums benefiting from thier labor. Are you sure you are a member of the right political group?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post

But I will play along.Back many years ago, prior to the 1930's, this sort of thing did occur, and employees simply learned to shut their mouths.

Something most libs have a problem doing in 2010.

Politics has made enemy out of friends, for years.
Employment has been no different.

... and yes, I own and run my own business. I usually employ 5-10 people, depending on business. Right now I only have one part timer. We can talk politics and share the same views.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:37 PM

211 posts, read 816,556 times
Yeah, the SHTF will come sooner rather than later. Firearms sales and CCW registration are up as a result of average working folks realizing that the underclass will attempt to deprive them of their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness - that is, if the government doesn't do so first.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
A majority of Americans approve of Obama's job performance. To INCLUDE the Right's most favored poll source, Rasmussen. Rasmussen has Obama with a 51% job approval.

source: RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Now let the wailing and sobbing begin!
Watching his poll number tank daily, so I disagree that the "majority" of Americans approve of his policies so far. I am sure like most Presidents, he will bounce up and down for a while, but the finally judgement will come in 2012.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure. They are all on public assistance, welfare, are unemployed and sit at home all day. That certainly describes the republican voter base. Tell me again why the dems and their consituents are for entitlements? That just doesn't seem to make sense that hard working people would want to support a bunch of lazy bums benefiting from thier labor. Are you sure you are a member of the right political group?
No kidding. You would think if all the bums were in fact republicans they would want to remove all gov feeding stations and starve them to death. LOL

Old 01-18-2010, 02:51 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
their jobs. Unemployment is going to get much worse and the majority of people that I will let go will be from the Bush-bashing crowd that make up approx 15% of my employees. I go to lunch with approx. 10 other business owners once a month and we have all decided after much discussion to lay off this portion of the population first. Coming to this decision has not been easy and I will lose valuable people, but I would rather lay off people politically that I disagree with then someone I can relate to.
Go ahead and just how are you going to identify them. I hope your business goes under they will find new jobs maybe some of them will even become competition. Ive been told that many business owners in the south fired blacks during the civil right era so see you and that bunch that meet have not come up with anything new. So do all the evil you can muster I know for a fact it will back fire on you. I worked with plenty of lazy complaining conservatives. They never have a problem getting the likes of the aclu involved when they are done wrong but they complain about these groups all the time.They will make it and when your business goes under youll probably go to the top of a building. Anyway whats a heart and soul of America business owner doing on the site in the middle of the afternoon after a power lunch maybe thats why your business is in trouble

Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I think you are right. Employers should use qualitative and not just quantitive measures to gauge the value of their employees. But, if you are a true capitalist and not some kind of crypto-commie, you should only ever hire illegal immigrants as they are easier to exploit and, having few rights, can be easily bullied. Then, if and when they get uppity, you can just fire them.
Or kick them off your lands and starve thier families if they want fight for you my lord

Old 01-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
I once worked for a small company where the bosses were ultra-Conservative. The office was filled with right-wing and anti-liberal posters and other material. One day the big boss announced that we could leave work early to go vote "as long as we weren't voting for Clinton." I chose to ignore them and keep my mouth shut.

I'm sure your employees have no doubt where you stand politically, and I doubt they would feel free to share their political beliefs with you. More likely, you've made judgments on your employees being liberal or conservative based on whether they join you in your constant Obama-bashing.

You've probably created a hostile work environment, and I hope your state has equal employment policies dealing with discrimination based on political affiliation.
Exactly I hope he gets sued and heads to the top of that building quickly

Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I layed off the last one yesterday, retained "15" of my best employ.
Youd better watch those conservatives they have a tendency to always want to identify people who are weaker than them or different without the libs thier that hate has to go somewhere. I have a question did you tell them why they where the ones being let go or did you..... never mind your a conservative of course you didnt tell them the truth

Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,210 times
Quote:
their jobs. Unemployment is going to get much worse and the majority of people that I will let go will be from the Bush-bashing crowd that make up approx 15% of my employees. I go to lunch with approx. 10 other business owners once a month and we have all decided after much discussion to lay off this portion of the population first.
lol @ this thread.

How would you even know who is left or right at work? (even though I know this is made up)

I have never been in a work environment where everyone openly discusses their political beliefs. And I have worked for years in the public sector as a teacher ... and for years in the private sector for a large privately-owned conservative corporation. I couldn't tell you who is registered as what when it comes to voting, even on my current team of just 10 people. If you pry this info out of them and fire them on that basis ... good luck with Human Resources and the legal system buddy .

Quote:
Coming to this decision has not been easy and I will lose valuable people, but I would rather lay off people politically that I disagree with then someone I can relate to.
If this somehow is real (again, which I doubt), then good luck in future business while operating on that concept lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies