Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:30 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
What do you think about these limbaugh comments:

"Look, let me put it to you this way: The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back. I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."
If only we all thought more like Rush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 02:45 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
Quote:
What do you think about these limbaugh comments:

"Look, let me put it to you this way: The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back. I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

Mmmm is this in a transcript in his show?
Please show the source.
Well the NFL does look like a game between the bloods and crips without weapons that is a true statement. :-)
Just like golf was a bunch of rich old white men in ugly pants.
Is that racist or a true statement.

The other statements are probably out of context but I would like to see the transcript of those words and the topic before the words.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 PM

480 posts, read 877,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
"That is NOT just trying a drug here and there.The man would have done heroin had he liked the dealer lol Yet you sit here and try and make light of Obamas drug use.

Look I am not making an excuse for Rush doing drugs I am just saying if we can have a President that was willing to do Herion had he liked the drug dealer then we can have a pill popper own a football team

It is Rushs life is it not? Why are liberals so darn controling. Rush has a lot of money that he could help that team with
I didn't bring up the drug use, and it's not even the issue to me. I don't think prescription-drug addiction should prohibit anyone from owning an NFL team.

But I wanted to point out what I consider fundamental differences between President Obama's self-admitted teenage dalliance with drugs and 55-year-old Rush Limbaugh's forced admission to his addiction and prescription fraud (only after he was being investigated) and after he routinely condemned drug users. They're just not the same thing at all, in my book.

Liberals controlling? That's laughable, and a matter for another thread.

I can't do anything to stop him from buying a share of that team. I haven't written the Rams to complain or threaten to boycott. I don't think I'll have to. There will be a public outcry if the deal gets near, from black and white people, Democrats and Republicans, women and men, Christians and atheists. Rush Limbaugh has managed to alienate virtually every demographic other than extreme conservative white Christian males.

Also, the cities and states with NFL teams often sink large amounts of money into stadiums and facilities to lure or keep those teams. If I were a resident of Missouri, I would object very loudly to my tax dollars being used to help a Rush Limbaugh-owned team in any way whatsoever.

The big, bad government isn't going to stop Rush from buying that team either. Instead, the NFL and other Rams owners are going to realize what an absolute disaster it would be for the Rams, St. Louis, Missouri and the NFL if Rush was allowed to be an owner.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:08 PM

480 posts, read 877,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Mmmm is this in a transcript in his show?
Please show the source.
Well the NFL does look like a game between the bloods and crips without weapons that is a true statement. :-)
Just like golf was a bunch of rich old white men in ugly pants.
Is that racist or a true statement.

The other statements are probably out of context but I would like to see the transcript of those words and the topic before the words.
I'm not going to go search through texts of Limbaugh shows. I thought the slavery quote was pretty common knowledge. I believe he said it during his short-lived television show.

A couple of the quotes were mentioned in the link I provided earlier: Negative reaction begins to flow against Rush Limbaugh's potential as Rams owner - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
I didn't bring up the drug use, and it's not even the issue to me. I don't think prescription-drug addiction should prohibit anyone from owning an NFL team.

But I wanted to point out what I consider fundamental differences between President Obama's self-admitted teenage dalliance with drugs and 55-year-old Rush Limbaugh's forced admission to his addiction and prescription fraud (only after he was being investigated) and after he routinely condemned drug users. They're just not the same thing at all, in my book.

Liberals controlling? That's laughable, and a matter for another thread.

I can't do anything to stop him from buying a share of that team. I haven't written the Rams to complain or threaten to boycott. I don't think I'll have to. There will be a public outcry if the deal gets near, from black and white people, Democrats and Republicans, women and men, Christians and atheists. Rush Limbaugh has managed to alienate virtually every demographic other than extreme conservative white Christian males.

Also, the cities and states with NFL teams often sink large amounts of money into stadiums and facilities to lure or keep those teams. If I were a resident of Missouri, I would object very loudly to my tax dollars being used to help a Rush Limbaugh-owned team in any way whatsoever.

The big, bad government isn't going to stop Rush from buying that team either. Instead, the NFL and other Rams owners are going to realize what an absolute disaster it would be for the Rams, St. Louis, Missouri and the NFL if Rush was allowed to be an owner.
Do you not realize how many in this country actually listen to Rush? I am sure he can find the support for him owning a football team.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:17 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Instead, the NFL and other Rams owners are going to realize what an absolute disaster it would be for the Rams, St. Louis, Missouri and the NFL if Rush was allowed to be an owner.
You are seriously out of touch, what negative could come from Limbaugh owning a team? As I said in my previous post it will be a huge positive for the rams the nfl and st louis Missouri.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:14 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Roger Goodell's has allowed a dog killer that has been to prison to be a player but some of you think he will stop Rush. lol

How do you know most owners dont listen to Rush?

This is silly . The man has the money to buy the team thats his business
And keeping the NFL from self-destucting is Goodel's business.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:17 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,561,694 times
I'm no Rush fan, but what the hell why not. He knows a lot about football. Not to mention, there's a certain QB dressed in purple who had the same drug issues as Rush.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
That would be a 2nd team giving $5 out of every ticket to the RNC. The Chargers already siphon off more than the next four teams combined

Old 10-08-2009, 04:24 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm no Rush fan, but what the hell why not. He knows a lot about football. Not to mention, there's a certain QB dressed in purple who had the same drug issues as Rush.
What makes Rush so uttery vile is that he advocated the death penalty for drug addicts while he was one. Bret has never advocated anything other than forgivness and good-will whether you like him or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies