Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Yes, they should completely forgive 142 37.97%
They should forgive but dont forget 183 48.93%
No, they shouldnt forgive America 49 13.10%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Speaking of the 50's, statistics show that black people made the greatest economic and social gains after WWII and up until about 1960. Then their progress ground to a halt. Was that because of Jim Crow? Not according to Patrick Moynihan, former senator from New York. He traced the halt of black progress to the break down of the black family, the rise of out-of-wedlock births, and welfarism. It is those social pathologies, not the remnants of slavery and Jim Crow, that is holding blacks back and the sooner that reality is acknowledged by blacks themselves and addressed they'll never move beyond the mid-60's.
It was the mindset that started due to slavery and civil rights treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
I just don't quite see why it's so important to some that they feel they need to see my genitals and if they can't then it's somehow "racist". Get a freakin' life!
I see you are beyond hope on understanding this issue!

People do not use restrooms to look at other peoples genitalia.

But if people of opposite sexes shared bathrooms, the above might not be the case.

Sexually deranged people might go into bathrooms for the sole purpose of looking for sex.

If you had a 13 year old daughter, would you want her to be sharing a bathroom with a middle-aged sexually perverted male in the next stall?

But regarding racism in public bathrooms ... Negroes shouldn't be separated from non-Negroes. That is just wrong! And yet it happened in America as recently as the mid 1900-s.

Alleged Racism in Philly Workplace: Whites Only Bathroom, Water Cooler | ChattahBox News Blog

Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM

24 posts, read 28,276 times
In my opinion, America shouldnt care if they do or dont. It is simply not an issue at this place I like to call "the present"

Whats the expression about crying over spilled milk?

Old 10-07-2009, 03:44 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,318 times
Still seems like a pretty "whiney" issue to complain cause you can't go to the bathroom with somebody else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I see you are beyond hope on understanding this issue!

People do not use restrooms to look at other peoples genitalia.

But if people of opposite sexes shared bathrooms, the above might not be the case.

Sexually deranged people might go into bathrooms for the sole purpose of looking for sex.

If you had a 13 year old daughter, would you want her to be sharing a bathroom with a middle-aged sexually perverted male in the next stall?

But regarding racism in public bathrooms ... Negroes shouldn't be separated from non-Negroes. That is just wrong! And yet it happened in America as recently as the mid 1900-s.

Alleged Racism in Philly Workplace: Whites Only Bathroom, Water Cooler | ChattahBox News Blog

Old 10-07-2009, 04:44 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Still seems like a pretty "whiney" issue to complain cause you can't go to the bathroom with somebody else!
I repeat ... beyond hope!

Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,052 times
With so many white supremist groups out there, i think its dangerous for blacks to forgive let alone forget about slavery. And before anyone starts ranting about Black panthers, its was a cause and effect. If it werent for injustice inflicted upon them, there wont be any panthers.

Im sure if this question were asked on a Black forum it would side a lot on, Not forgive. This question is directed to the wrong people. It is afterall about their opinion, not whites.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:25 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
I grew up white in largely black North Philadelphia, in 1962 I was in the Army stationed in the Carolinas. I was at the bus station and went out to use the phone. When I came back in it never dawned on me that I had come in the wrong door and was now on the segregated black side of the station. Being from North Philly seeing black people in the bus station was nothing to notice.
Eventually someone told me and I went over where I "belonged". Shortly after that we were sent to integrate schools.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
What do you think?
How many are alive from the Civil War days ?

We are so many generations past that. It's been said and done over and over. It's in the history books. Time to move on.

It's already been forgiven and forgotten.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
African Americans have never been more than 13% of America's population. Presently we are less than 11% and falling. America imprisons more people than any other country and 40% of them are African American. Going forward, America plans to incarcerate more people of color, not less and jail building is at a fever pitch in most states. There is nothing to forgive.

I don't think most whites care whether they are forgiven for slavery or not. I know that some cannot stomach the idea of a permanent grudge and unilateraly and pre-emptively forgive transgressors who have not asked for or earned their forgiveness. I don't understand them. There is nothing to forgive.

Until there are some concrete examples of repatriation for, not only slavery, but the endemic climate of hostility toward people of color, there is nothing to forgive.Affirmative Action is a very flawed system with no enforcement and is very much overused as an excuse for white failure. There is nothing to forgive.

H

Old 10-10-2009, 04:47 PM

193 posts, read 191,814 times
The only option I would say yes to isn't up there. There is nothing to forgive and to make such a poll worded the way it is, is a cop out. But then, what did I expect from an apologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies