Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 AM

757 posts, read 802,678 times

Advertisements

Jesus said you were to rejoice in your "persecution".

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in the heavens."
So stop your whining and rejoice!

When I want to persecute a "christian" I drive by First Baptist Church and yell "Happy Holidays!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 06:55 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Unhappy The official War on Christmas thread (2009)

Christians have it tough in America...

Old 10-09-2009, 07:13 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Jesus said you were to rejoice in your "persecution".

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in the heavens."
So stop your whining and rejoice!

When I want to persecute a "christian" I drive by First Baptist Church and yell "Happy Holidays!"
Or "Repent!"

For Those of You on Your Way to Church This Morning ...a note from Michael Moore | MichaelMoore.com

Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I suspect that when Jesus comes calling, whoever is telling me about it will be making it up. His contemporary followers were of the conviction that Jesus would be calling again within their lifetimes. If the message had been "I'll be back! But you've got at least 2,000 years to get ready." things might have gone a bit differently...
Ha, ha, ha.....are YOU ready?!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:25 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
In both of these scenarios, you are shoving your religion down the feminist/leftist/commie/atheist throat.
No xmas parade no Gay parade then

Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I do believe that some middle eastern countries have a national religion.
The US does not have a national religion.
What about Japan, they're completely secular.
You don't get out of the US much, do you?

In the US we have a separation of church and state.
Well, if you want to give up tax exemption for churches, I might open this to discussion.
Tax the churches.
I just pulled Japan off the top of my head, substiture China or Tibet if it makes you feel better. You know exactly what I meant and are either missing the point or refusing to address it because you know I'm right.

Are you telling me that a Christmas tree in town square or an elementary school putting on a Christmas program deeply offends you and therefore should be banned? If that's the path you think we need to take then it works both ways. I don't want to see ANY mention of ANY religion. No more gay parades. No more ethnic events of any kind. Hey, someone might get offended!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:49 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
No xmas parade no Gay parade then
Uh, gay is not a religion.

And no one is stopping Christmas parades, unless they're funded by Govt $$$

Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Uh, gay is not a religion.

And no one is stopping Christmas parades, unless they're funded by Govt $$$
Oh you know, people obsessed w/gays just HAVE to bring it up, even if it doesn't make any type of sense to the discussion.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
In my time very little class time was given over to Christmas, Columbus, or St Patrick's day other than some decorations on the doors and halls. But we did have mandatory Black History month and MLK classes over and over and over again all month long and the blacks at our school, teachers and students, acted like Saudi's morality police watching all the white students and teachers for some signs of racism so they could call them on it or use it against them if they were teachers.
Wow sounds like your school sucked. I hated the holidays because teachers tried to cram 10 hours worth of work into a 6 hour school day.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispanola View Post
Please post all anti-Christmas conduct and hate on this thread.

It's starting:

Why can't non-Christians just let the Christians have their holiday in peace? Why do so many people have hate? Does anyone make demands of Jews on Yom Kippur? Muslims on Ramadan?

Memo to bigots: Let us celebrate our holiday. Christmas involves Jesus Christ by definition.
Because my tax dollars pay for your holiday decorations in my city.

If you get the proper paperwork to display decorations, if your churches pay the ENTIRE bill for decorations, putting them up, the removal and clean up, and everything in between, and I never have to pay one tax dollar for police, fire, or any other city office to fullfil your little holiday, you are free to do what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies