Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 03:16 PM

20,449 posts, read 12,362,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Do you deny that men pumping CO2 in to the air isnt, at minimum, exacerbating the problem?
no but physics does.

err... maybe I should say becayse physics denies it, so do I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Not all CO2 is anthropogenic. But the temperatures on Venus do show conclusively that high CO2 concentration lead to high temperatures. Good issue to raise GOPATT.
if that is true, (that Venus is so high exclusivly because of CO2 concentration)

explain why the earth was a ball of ice 450 million years ago when the CO2 level was 6%?

for those in Rio Linda that would be 60,000 PPM as opposed to the current level of 340 PPM

Old 10-08-2009, 03:18 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,059,010 times
MWP affected the North Atlantic. Global Ferd, Global.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
There is no science for your arguments, just an assortment of laughably accredited right wing loon jobs.
... as opposed to the laughable left wing loon jobs that have you convinced of Global warming?

Loon jobs that do things like Lose the data that they say proves global warming.

Loon jobs that present "peer reviewed papers" but refuse to provide the data they used to generate the papers.

Loon jobs who get discredited as soon as their data leaks out...

we can go on for days if you want to chose up sides and talk about who has loon jobs.

AGW is based on the work of 3 men. Those 3 men have all had giant holes poked in the work they have done to prove AGW.

THAT is science. You can bully the uninformed. you cant do that with those of us who have actually done some homework.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
MWP affected the North Atlantic. Global Ferd, Global.
Right and when I provided a paper on non-treering proxies that show global warming in the MWP (not just the North Atlantic) you said it wasnt peer reviewed. I guess it didnt get the MANN JONES BRIFFA treatment so it must be bunk?

right.

We also have evidence of corn grown above 3000M in Peru duing the MWP. (couldnt do that unless it was really really warm)
PERU IS NOT IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC.

I guess there just happened to be another regional warming period at the same time on the other side of the planet but in reality the planet wasnt really warming.... just two halfs halfway around the world from each other.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:52 PM

37,952 posts, read 22,114,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I'm looking forward to global warming with the upcoming ski season. I used to fly to Utah and NH for snowboarding because it was too warm, but this year I might be able to stay local since Snowshoe and Wintergreen in WV and VA will likely get enough snow. More CO2, please?
I'd like to be able to grow some more chili peppers, because this last year was so cold, and now it looks like our first snowfall will be this weekend. Brrrr, I say to al Gore - brrrrrrrr.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You really need to do yourself and the rest of us a favor. Before embarking on yet another campaign to debunk Climate Change and Global Warming, learn what these these terms mean and the difference between the two. There are hundreds of these types of threads on CD alone to fill the Grand Canyon. It is quite tedious to go over this again and again. Yes, there is corporate and industry greed surrounding every issue, but in the long run doing things that will "green" the planet, will eventualy be of benefit to us and future generations regardless of which controversy it stems from.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10373411-post3.html
Guess you swallowed the bait, hook line & sinker.

I heard a commercial on the radio, actually several, by GE, they were extolling their wind energy and health care division, golly gee, is it a coincidence that 0bama is pushing health care first, and then moving on to carbon cap & trade and his green energy push.

The libs in the US are allying themselves with corporations, and applauding their elected politicians for giving away taxpayer money to make the corporations rich. I liked the libs better when they saw thru the greed and exchange of money and power between Washington and government, now they are blind to it all.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
When will people finally learn that " Global Warming " is just a catch-phrase? Not a literal or definitive defintion of what is happening.

This planet is going through some drastic, intense climate change. Climate change all over, in different regions and areas. That could be excessive heat, excessive rain...flooding, or extended droughts, or excessive...extended cold weather.

" Global Warming " is a very misleading catch-phrase that has done more damage, than good. Because people seem to take everything literally, all the time.
Yeah, we should call it something else, like "Climate Change", this way any weather change and every natural cyclical change can be declared as proof of man-induced climate change. Brilliant idea!

Last edited by Wapasha; 10-08-2009 at 04:13 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
You don't need to be a scientist to understand that over the course of this planets existence, the climate has swung from one extreme to another and all without any help from man or machine.

Yes, we should all be good stewards of the enviornment, but to advocate the need to turn lifestyles and bank accounts on end in some false belief that we can hold off the inevitable is a lie.
Add to this, the fact that we were experiencing a mini ice-age for a few hundred years, which ended around 1910. So as we warm out of that ice-age and get back to warmer temps, we can blame any warming on man-induced CO2. Since we have no earthly idea what normal temps are, the global warming crowd can declare what "normal" is, we have no idea where the natural warming cycle will take us to, so and any fluctuations up or down from that will be evidence of man made global warming.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If by benefit you mean full of impoverished Americans who are unable to export manufactured goods while third world nations which burn all the cheap coal they can get their hands on dominate export markets causing Americans die a slow miserable financial death, I agree.
Great post, short, sweet, and to the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies