Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 04:16 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Facts
1880 - MINI ICE-AGE!!!

Warming out of an ice-age was a good thing, but you obviously agree with cherry picking data to present a false and misleading impression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
LOL NASA has the most robust and comprehensive data set of historical temperatures in the world. It is the gold standard and accepted by all researchers, even critics like Lindzen. Keep shoveling the manure and denial.
I'll let someone else speak to that.

Quote:
Page-8

Robert Ferguson, president of the Science and Public Policy Institute, has stated: “Hansen's track record for presenting false data is undeniable, and yet neither the press nor the government holds him accountable for his self-serving errors and lack of objectivity.”

http://www.heartland.org/custom/semod_policybot/pdf/24565.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I think the fact that from 1988 to 2001 we actually heard how the earth was getting WARMER and have nothing to do with the "global warming" phrase.
Blah blah we are increasing the average temp of the planet, greenhouse effect etc.
Then when the numbers started changing the shift to "Climate Change" began.
The planet earth will be here long after we are dead and doing just fine because its on a cycle just like the earths seasons to move the dirt, the air and recycle itself.
The lands erode and rocks turn to sand and this planet even has polar shifts.
Tell me when you think a few government and green regulations are ever going to change the fact that the earth does what it wants too.
I feel like I'm living in the prehistoric times when every event was some supernatural experience and some how man-made climate change is somehow the new god to sell and print the bible on.
Yup, it was too embarrassing for al Gore to fly all the way on his jet to give a speech about global warming, and have it be on the coldest day that a city has had in 80 years. So they had to change it to "climate change." It is all a part of the epicycles of global warming, as they try to keep the scam alive.

Tracking 'The Gore Effect' - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,051,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Right and when I provided a paper on non-treering proxies that show global warming in the MWP (not just the North Atlantic) you said it wasnt peer reviewed. I guess it didnt get the MANN JONES BRIFFA treatment so it must be bunk?

right.

We also have evidence of corn grown above 3000M in Peru duing the MWP. (couldnt do that unless it was really really warm)
PERU IS NOT IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC.

I guess there just happened to be another regional warming period at the same time on the other side of the planet but in reality the planet wasnt really warming.... just two halfs halfway around the world from each other.
Not global.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,051,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
1880 - MINI ICE-AGE!!!

Warming out of an ice-age was a good thing, but you obviously agree with cherry picking data to present a false and misleading impression.
No the full record is displayed.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
No the full record is displayed.
Yeah sure, the whole record starting during the little ice-age. Of course there was warming, since 1880, otherwise we would be in a little ice-age.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:05 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,301,291 times
Has anybody ever seen actual temperature data from the 1700's? Anybody ever compared the accuracy of a working thermometer manufactured in 1900 with the equipment used today? One hundred years ago grandpa walked out to the outhouse and wrote down the temperature if he remembered. Today we have NIST calibrated sensors beaming data 24/7 to a satellite for analysis. Is that really a fair comparison? Common sense people!

Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,857,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I'm looking forward to global warming with the upcoming ski season. I used to fly to Utah and NH for snowboarding because it was too warm, but this year I might be able to stay local since Snowshoe and Wintergreen in WV and VA will likely get enough snow. More CO2, please?
+1.

They're desperate to pass anything because they know their window to do anything is closing fast. The global warming religion is in its death throes thanks to good old fashioned science proving it a total farce.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:26 AM

24,373 posts, read 22,986,934 times
Just call it global cooling instead of global warming. Instead of warning about Co2 emissions causing artic melting, say it will cause an ice age. Then you can point to the colder weather and say "See I told you." You get to mess with our economy and still make dire forecasts about monkeys freezing in South America and crops bing wiped out by summer frosts.
You know its just a matter of time before you'll do it.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Has anybody ever seen actual temperature data from the 1700's? Anybody ever compared the accuracy of a working thermometer manufactured in 1900 with the equipment used today? One hundred years ago grandpa walked out to the outhouse and wrote down the temperature if he remembered. Today we have NIST calibrated sensors beaming data 24/7 to a satellite for analysis. Is that really a fair comparison? Common sense people!
Calibrating a mercury thermometer is no different them calibrating anything else. But you are falling under the false assumption that because you have a space age device for reading the temperature, that you are getting the actual temperature, and you are assuming its not a false reading of the temperature itself. You are leaving out errors due to human influences or misinterpretation of the data.

A weather station that was located in a wooded of agricultural area in 1940, may now be surrounded by blacktop parking lots of the local WalMart.

Quote:
We found stations located next to the exhaust fans of air conditioning units, surrounded by asphalt parking lots and roads, on blistering-hot rooftops, and near sidewalks and buildings that absorb and radiate heat. We found 68 stations located at wastewater treatment plants, where the process of waste digestion causes temperatures to be higher than in surrounding areas.

In fact, we found that 89 percent of the stations – nearly 9 of every 10 – fail to meet the National Weather Service’s own siting requirements that stations must be 30 meters (about 100 feet) or more away from an artificial heating or radiating/
reflecting heat source.

In other words, 9 of every 10 stations are likely reporting higher or rising temperatures because they are badly sited.

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpre...t_spring09.pdf

SurfaceStations.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies