Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:03 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,870,110 times

Advertisements

(Summary of what was discussed)

BILL KELLER IS A BIRTHER

Howard got televangelist Bill Keller on the line to discuss his "birther" theories and explained to him that President Obama's birth certificate has been proven to be legitimate. Bill claimed there were too few details on Obama's "short form" birth certificate to satisfy him and expressed a desire to see the "long form"/private birth certificate: "It's a document he can get in five minutes if he wants to."
Jason came in to ask why legitimate Republican leaders weren't calling for further proof of Obama's citizenship, so Bill Keller cited a few "pro-family" groups in California who were. Howard laughed: "I hear 'pro-family' and I think kooks. Anybody that's involved with a ‘family values’ organization is a kook." Howard then asked where Bill Keller stood on Israel, and Bill said he was "pro-Israel, like every Christian should be."

HowardStern.com - Official site of The Howard Stern Show

My question is, where are all the Republican leaders and why are they not screaming for an investigation???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 02:18 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,626,467 times
they're not screaming for an investigation for the same reason they're not screaming for an investigation into the appearance of prehistoric reptiles in loch ness.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,142,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
(Summary of what was discussed)

BILL KELLER IS A BIRTHER

Howard got televangelist Bill Keller on the line to discuss his "birther" theories and explained to him that President Obama's birth certificate has been proven to be legitimate. Bill claimed there were too few details on Obama's "short form" birth certificate to satisfy him and expressed a desire to see the "long form"/private birth certificate: "It's a document he can get in five minutes if he wants to."
Jason came in to ask why legitimate Republican leaders weren't calling for further proof of Obama's citizenship, so Bill Keller cited a few "pro-family" groups in California who were. Howard laughed: "I hear 'pro-family' and I think kooks. Anybody that's involved with a ‘family values’ organization is a kook." Howard then asked where Bill Keller stood on Israel, and Bill said he was "pro-Israel, like every Christian should be."

HowardStern.com - Official site of The Howard Stern Show

My question is, where are all the Republican leaders and why are they not screaming for an investigation???
Who would run this investigation? Somehow I think it would have to be government controlled and Oba mao long ago put that thing on his web site and then took it down. I wonder if he took it down before the election because he couldn't get the real thing. It might not be there. However, since his administration has to handle the investigation I don't think we need to worry about it doing anything we "birthers" want to see.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:44 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,870,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Who would run this investigation? Somehow I think it would have to be government controlled and Oba mao long ago put that thing on his web site and then took it down. I wonder if he took it down before the election because he couldn't get the real thing. It might not be there. However, since his administration has to handle the investigation I don't think we need to worry about it doing anything we "birthers" want to see.
If you went to Hawaii and got the certificate of birth in person and it said he was, indeed, born in Hawaii, would it satisfy you? I am willing to bet that it wouldn't.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:48 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,201,969 times
Quote:
If you went to Hawaii and got the certificate of birth in person and it said he was, indeed, born in Hawaii, would it satisfy you? I am willing to bet that it wouldn't.
of course it woudn't satisify roy. he also wants PRESIDENT Obama's school records.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Hey, dad, I wonder if you really know what you are talking about. Do you not know that no state just hands copies of any certificates to just anybody without the permission of the person who put the lock on them. Oba mao has not given me permission to see that thing so I guess I will always have to think it may not be there.

How easy would it have been for Oba mao to stop this whole thing? All he had to do was take his lock off the certificate and show it to us. Instead he posts a certificate that says he was born live and nothing else.

I can get copies of my birth certificate and those of my children (now grown) but not Oba mao's. Sorry you lost that one because you didn't think about what you were suggesting.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
of course it woudn't satisify roy. he also wants PRESIDENT Obama's school records.
I will take any one of all those sealed records and you know that. I would prefer the records from his first college but he isn't showing them either. when there is so much smoke there must be some fire and you know that just loving The One doesn't make him look any more honest to me.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 PM

22,115 posts, read 19,327,003 times
Quote:
Hey, dad, I wonder if you really know what you are talking about. Do you not know that no state just hands copies of any certificates to just anybody without the permission of the person who put the lock on them. Oba mao has not given me permission to see that thing so I guess I will always have to think it may not be there.

How easy would it have been for Oba mao to stop this whole thing? All he had to do was take his lock off the certificate and show it to us. Instead he posts a certificate that says he was born live and nothing else.

I can get copies of my birth certificate and those of my children (now grown) but not Oba mao's. Sorry you lost that one because you didn't think about what you were suggesting.

Should someone running for office have to respond to every asinine conspiracy theory out there? If someone suggested Bush or Palin wasn't born here and asked to see their birth certificate and didn't get what he/she wanted, would it give any credence to their argument Bush or Palin wasn't born here? Or would that person still be someone with an absurd conspiracy theory?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:04 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,626,467 times
Quote:
wrong. he posted a certificate that proves he was born in hawaii.

since people don't seem to accept the word of the hawaiian state health department, here's a hawaiian government program that leases land extremely cheaply to people of hawaiian ancestry. their requirements clearly state that they accept either birth certificate form (the "long form," although it contains more information useful to this particular program, is no longer issued by hawaii) as proof of birth in hawaii:

Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands — Department of Hawaiian Home Lands

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individual’s birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a person’s birth. Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth.

the only other thing obama could try to get would be a photocopy of his original birth record, which would be highly unusual. but why should he do that, when what he produced is legal proof of his birthplace?

nutjobs like orly taitz like to point out that hawaii issues birth certificates to foreign born people under certain circumstances. this is true, but their actual birthplace would still be on any form of their birth certificate. if obama was not born in honolulu, his birth certificate (whether it was a certificate of live birth or a certification of live birth) would not say honolulu.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:08 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Should someone running for office have to respond to every asinine conspiracy theory out there? If someone suggested Bush or Palin wasn't born here and asked to see their birth certificate and didn't get what he/she wanted, would it give any credence to their argument Bush or Palin wasn't born here? Or would that person still be someone with an absurd conspiracy theory?

Why would that happen? Because you say it would? You have no proof this would happen. I think he is a citizen but I wonder why the long form isn't public. Maybe I'm a bit jaded because, overall, I rank politicians among the least trustworthy type of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies