Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
then neither is anyone elses.it was the africans who lived by slavery and bought and sold them. hell they still do it today.

Sure, that justifies the savagery of slavery in the Americas........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
never said that. the world was different back then. my ancestors were slaves in rome. i posted that. the africans sold the slaves and it was seen as a good way to get cheap labor. i do not agree with it and am sad the world was like that in the past and i am glad we ended it. however africa to this day continues slavery thats just thier culture so stop blaming the Americas and get educated on history

Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Melodramatic much?
Are you blind?

You see, this is the problem, and what is so sad. People like you do not see what is happening.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
OMG! Seems to me that it is sad that your children and grandchildren have to deal with and take care of a delusional grandparent. "America is over"????? What kind of propaganda have you been reading??? "The American Dream is gone forever...".......WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Got Smart Yet?

Take a deep breath, clear your head, and try again, if for no other reason than for the sake of your children and grandchildren.
Given that the American dollar is now worthless in the eyes of the rest of the world, we are in debt beyond our ability to pay, Obama is causing incredible job loss, and taking over private business (the entire health care industry included), things that are totally unconstitutional, what would you say? He reveres dictators like Hugo Chavez. What would you say? He is destroying the free market system (capitalism), is planning to tax us to death (now they are even talking about a VAT). I just don't see how America can ever be what it once was. Wores, this is being done on purpose.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
never said that. the world was different back then. my ancestors were slaves in rome. i posted that. the africans sold the slaves and it was seen as a good way to get cheap labor. i do not agree with it and am sad the world was like that in the past and i am glad we ended it. however africa to this day continues slavery thats just thier culture so stop blaming the Americas and get educated on history
I'll do that (lol) if you stop claiming that slavery is part of African culture.........when you said your ancestors were slaves in Rome, which I believe is not part of Africa. Slavery has had direct and lasting effects not only on North America but on the Caribbean and South America. Rome is ancient history.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Given that the American dollar is now worthless in the eyes of the rest of the world, we are in debt beyond our ability to pay, Obama is causing incredible job loss, and taking over private business (the entire health care industry included), things that are totally unconstitutional, what would you say? He reveres dictators like Hugo Chavez. What would you say? He is destroying the free market system (capitalism), is planning to tax us to death (now they are even talking about a VAT). I just don't see how America can ever be what it once was. Wores, this is being done on purpose.
Thank God. The health care industry needs to be taken over; it doesn't promote health or provide adequate care.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:02 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,633,906 times
The more I think about this, the more I believe that Michelle Obama has been given a wonderful opportunity to turn this into her 'First Lady Campaign'.
Not that gardening and being green isn't a good thing but if she would use the example of her great etc. grandmothers bondage in order to bring focus on the plight of modern day slaves -- my god, what a potentially marvelous thing! It is appalling that slavery still exists in this world, and she can have an active role in eradicating it.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:04 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
Quote:
I'll do that (lol) if you stop claiming that slavery is part of African culture.........when you said your ancestors were slaves in Rome, which I believe is not part of Africa. Slavery has had direct and lasting effects not only on North America but on the Caribbean and South America. Rome is ancient history.
its all history brother. get over it

Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
While slavery in the Americas does not qualify as ancient history it has been 150 years which is a long time. This time is plenty for a group of people to become educated and take their place in society. Many have but there is a whole lot that have not.

People need to stop making excuses as Bill Cosby would say and take a little personal responsibility.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:06 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The more I think about this, the more I believe that Michelle Obama has been given a wonderful opportunity to turn this into her 'First Lady Campaign'.
Not that gardening and being green isn't a good thing but if she would use the example of her great etc. grandmothers bondage in order to bring focus on the plight of modern day slaves -- my god, what a potentially marvelous thing! It is appalling that slavery still exists in this world, and she can have an active role in eradicating it.
She can work on the illegal immigrants' plight. They are, in effect, slaves. So are many of the foreign workers who are imported to do high tech jobs at reduced wages, who live 14 to a rented house and are afraid to complain about the work hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies