Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 11:14 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
So what's you point? Bush called up Bin Laden and cooked up some kind of conspiracy? A conspiracy that would have had to go to extreme lengths and impossible logistics?

And what pray tell was the point of this conspiracy that took 3000 lives on 9/11 and more later while destroying massive amounts of property in NYC and DC? Wait....I can guess...Bush wanted to steal all the oil and Cheney wanted to get rich off the Halliburton stock he had already sold and no longer owned? Is that it?

My point is the Osama Bin Laden had nothing whatever to do with the events of 911.

S'matter with you? You know it was Saddam Hussein what done it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
Well that didn't answer my question. BTW...what does Pro Say mean? I've always wanted to ask you that.
Pro Say means keep talkin' - I'm all for it, talkin', that is.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
I think some folks are just intrigued by Conspiracy theories.
I said the same thing until I read reports by engineers & scientists that were very convincing. Maybe 9/11 wasn't a conspiracy, but the American people aren't being told everything.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
My point is the Osama Bin Laden had nothing whatever to do with the events of 911.

S'matter with you? You know it was Saddam Hussein what done it.
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not. You do know that OBL admitted and bragged about doing it, and KSM also admitted to planning and giving the orders. Then there is the matter of Mohammed Atta and the other hijackers all being on the planes, taped by air traffic control, and taking flying lessons beforehand. I guess that was all done for effect?

Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not. You do know that OBL admitted and bragged about doing it, and KSM also admitted to planning and giving the orders. Then there is the matter of Mohammed Atta and the other hijackers all being on the planes, taped by air traffic control, and taking flying lessons beforehand. I guess that was all done for effect?
I had the same reaction to ergohead's comment. Not only did Bin Laden taking credit for the attacks, Condi Rice said nobody in the Bush Administration ever suspected Saddam Hussein of planning the attacks. Bush also said this AFTER we invaded Iraq.

(Interesting that the video of the interview on PBS has been removed.)

Edit: It wasn't removed. It's on PBS, but the interview is an hour long.

[URL]http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10154[/URL]

From the Charlie Rose interview:[INDENT]ROSE: But you didn't believe it had anything to do with 9/11.
[/INDENT][INDENT]RICE: No. No one was arguing that Saddam Hussein somehow had something to do with 9/11.
[/INDENT][INDENT]ROSE: No one.
[/INDENT][INDENT]RICE: I was certainly not. The President was certainly not...That's right. We were not arguing that.
[/INDENT]

Last edited by justNancy; 10-09-2009 at 11:46 PM..

Old 10-09-2009, 11:37 PM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Pro Say means keep talkin' - I'm all for it, talkin', that is.
Oh...okay. Because...I know what Pro se means, but I had never heard the term "Pro say" before.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Who told you OBL admitted and bragged about doing it?

Mohammed Atta? He's doing very well.

Father insists alleged leader of attack on WTC is still alive | World news | The Guardian

The other guys?

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Hijack 'suspects' alive and well

I believe everything the BBC says, because they have been proven to know things before they actually happen.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 PM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I had the same reaction to ergohead's comment. Not only did Bin Laden taking credit for the attacks, Condi Rice said nobody in the Bush Administration ever suspected Saddam Hussein of planning the attacks. Bush also said this AFTER we invaded Iraq.

(Interesting that the video of the interview on PBS has been removed.)

From the Charlie Rose interview:
ROSE: But you didn't believe it had anything to do with 9/11.
RICE: No. No one was arguing that Saddam Hussein somehow had something to do with 9/11.
ROSE: No one.
RICE: I was certainly not. The President was certainly not...That's right. We were not arguing that.
Was he saying that Hussein had something to do with it before or something? I see that you put AFTER in caps. I never thought he alluded to that, but I could be missing something.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Oh...okay. Because...I know what Pro se means, but I had never heard the term "Pro say" before.
Well, I'm pro say per se.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Was he saying that Hussein had something to do with it before or something? I see that you put AFTER in caps. I never thought he alluded to that, but I could be missing something.
You don't think Bush alluded to Saddam Hussein being connected to Al Qaeda? Not only did he "allude" to it, he said it. I can show you many speeches he made where he mentioned 9/11 and Saddam Hussein in the same sentence. Then years later he said there was no connection. This isn't just my opinion, it's history, something that the Bush Administration tried to rewrite (and Dick Cheney is still trying)

Here:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyEYTIHdWR8[/url]

Last edited by justNancy; 10-09-2009 at 11:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies