Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 12:43 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times

Advertisements

I agree that videos are too easy to take out of context if they're just snippets, but most people won't watch 20 minutes of youtube on a message board. Bush said in several speeches that Iraq was hiding terrorists.

[URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22794451/"]Study: False statements preceded war - Conflict in Iraq- msnbc.com[/URL]

"Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida."

Here's a list of 10 of the worst lies told by Bush about Iraq. (no, this isn't a Letterman joke)

[URL]http://www.alternet.org/story/16274[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 01:03 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yes he did. He said Saddam had WMD's when he knew he didn't.
The entire international intelligence community AND the U.S. Senate and House intelligence committee made the same claim. Were all of them "lying," too? Of course not.

Quote:
Can be, if you let it be.
Not "can be," it is.

Quote:
Bush "let it be" from listening to John Lennon while stoning with cocaine and gin.
Wow, you were there?

Quote:
Bush really IS a creep, ya know
No, I don't know.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:06 AM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree that videos are too easy to take out of context if they're just snippets, but most people won't watch 20 minutes of youtube on a message board. Bush said in several speeches that Iraq was hiding terrorists.

Study: False statements preceded war - Conflict in Iraq- msnbc.com

"Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida."

Here's a list of 10 of the worst lies told by Bush about Iraq. (no, this isn't a Letterman joke)

Ten Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq | | AlterNet

Okay Nancy. I get it. A. Were they lies, or did he have bad 4-1-1? If you're against him, it's a lie. If you're for him, it's bad information. B. We're talking about 9/11. We're not talking about all the other stuff. I KNOW you said something about making you wonder. But C. (and here's the kicker)...is he a genius or a boob (referring to 9/11)? In one sense, you (and many others) are saying he's a complete retard. Then...the same people are apparently claiming he's the smartest man alive, because he's responsible for a conspiracy that no one but the smartest human on the face of the Earth could pull off (if he actually had something to do with this). D. Everyone talks about proof when it works for them. I see people say stuff like "citations", etc. when a claim is made. Okay..."Citations" that he had anything to do with 9/11? I'm waiting, and I'm not waiting for any conspiracy theorists versions of citations.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:06 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The entire international intelligence community AND the U.S. Senate and House intelligence committee made the same claim. Were all of them "lying," too? Of course not.

Not "can be," it is.

Wow, you were there?

No, I don't know.
Study up!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Study: False statements preceded war - Conflict in Iraq- msnbc.com

Ten Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq | | AlterNet
Bush said Iraq was hiding terrorists because Iraq WAS hiding terrorists. Salman Pac, a terrorists training camp was located southeast of Baghdad.

Abdul Rahmman Yasin, the man who mixed the chemicals for the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was on the payroll of the Iraqi government and was receiving safe haven there until the American invasion. He was living in an apartment there and was receiving a monthly salary.

Zarqawi ran terrorist training camps in Afghanistan. He was injured and fled to Iraq where he was treated in a hospital in Baghdad (no terrorists in Iraq, are you sure?). The worked with Ansar Al Islam which was funded by the Batthists and he coordinated the assassination of an American diplomat for USAID in 2002 in Jordan.

I fail to see why some people refuse to accept the fact that there were terrorists in Iraq? Why they try to defend the former Saddam Hussein regime and take that side?

Old 10-10-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Bush said Iraq was hiding terrorists because Iraq WAS hiding terrorists. Salman Pac, a terrorists training camp was located southeast of Baghdad.

Abdul Rahmman Yasin, the man who mixed the chemicals for the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was on the payroll of the Iraqi government and was receiving safe haven there until the American invasion. He was living in an apartment there and was receiving a monthly salary.

Zarqawi ran terrorist training camps in Afghanistan. He was injured and fled to Iraq where he was treated in a hospital in Baghdad (no terrorists in Iraq, are you sure?). The worked with Ansar Al Islam which was funded by the Batthists and he coordinated the assassination of an American diplomat for USAID in 2002 in Jordan.

I fail to see why some people refuse to accept the fact that there were terrorists in Iraq? Why they try to defend the former Saddam Hussein regime and take that side?
Defend Bush to your death.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Study up!
You are obviously the one who needs to study since you couldn't reply to my post.

Here is more info you are sadly in need of reading:
In 2004, the Senate Intelligence Committee unanimously approved a report acknowledging that it "did not find any evidence that administration officials attempted to coerce, influence or pressure analysts to change their judgments."

The following year, the bipartisan Robb-Silberman report similarly found "no indication that the intelligence community distorted the evidence regarding Iraq's WMD."

Old 10-10-2009, 01:17 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,674 times
Never mind where Bush's intelligence went wrong.
Bush had the top agents, FBI, CIA, and FTA.
Our country was safe under Bush after 9/11.
Are we as safe now, no!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
You are obviously the one who needs to study since you couldn't reply to my post.

Here is more info you are sadly in need of reading:
In 2004, the Senate Intelligence Committee unanimously approved a report acknowledging that it "did not find any evidence that administration officials attempted to coerce, influence or pressure analysts to change their judgments."

The following year, the bipartisan Robb-Silberman report similarly found "no indication that the intelligence community distorted the evidence regarding Iraq's WMD."

They found what they wanted to find, didn't they?

Lookit what Shultz found.

Nathink!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

Old 10-10-2009, 01:31 AM

1 posts, read 913 times
lol, put on a trench cozt , **** is gonna stat gettim dee ,lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies