Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times

Advertisements

I find it ironic how many liberals are chiming in saying the GOP is racist or sexist. These are the ones that complain the GOP is a bunch of old white men! Ageist, racist, and sexist all in one shot! Certainly the ignorant hate spewing libs on this board don't consider themselves in a position to judge who is sexist do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 12:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
I guess it depends on your definition of sexism. I have little doubt that the GOP sees a more traditional role for women as the ideal - that is, they believe American society was better when most women stayed out of the workplace.

It's a retro party. All of their social beliefs are based on the idea that things were better in the past, and that restricting social freedoms is a good thing.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,940 times
Here's something sexist for ya...most women make terrible bosses and terrible politicians. They are too hormonal and react on emotion instead of logic.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Here's something sexist for ya...most women make terrible bosses and terrible politicians. They are too hormonal and react on emotion instead of logic.
YES!!!!

Very Accurate!

Sometimes those hormones might be helpful in politics though.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:20 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
I dont see anything terribly alarming here. what many consider traditional the left would consider sexist...............yaaaaawn.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 PM

480 posts, read 878,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
What part of having a woman for vice-president-elect do you not get?
She was not vice-president-elect. She was the Republican vice presidential candidate. HUGE difference (thank goodness).

Old 10-09-2009, 12:22 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Your statement is based on the idea that decisions should be made based more on logic than emotion. Not everyone agrees with that.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
ncc

95 posts, read 304,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
McCain's Top Seven Sexist Rants:

Calling His Wife a C*nt
Calling a Young Girl Ugly and Disparaging the Attorney General
Delegation of Female Air Force Pilots
Comparing a US Ally to an Ugly Woman
Rape Joke
Wife Beating Joke
Opposing Equal Roles for Women in the Military

McCain's Top Seven Sexist Rants - Eyes On Obama
McCain is a RINO! He's no conservative.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Women have NOT reached any for of equality in this country and are still considered slave or nearly so in most of the rest of the world. In my experience women make better bosses because they are less likely to do the "my organ is bigger than your organ" male dominance BS.

I support equal pay, extensive paid maternity leave (there has to be some payoff for all that pain), equal opportunity and respect for women. Yeah, I like living with women. I have been married for over 40 years by some miracle.

BTW - Yes the GOP is sexist, racist, and foolish all at ther same time. It is a combination of old boys club and support system for weak insecure men that need to dominate everyone around them out of fear.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:47 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
BTW - Yes the GOP is sexist, racist, and foolish all at ther same time. It is a combination of old boys club and support system for weak insecure men that need to dominate everyone around them out of fear.
In other words men who where pants with the zipper in front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies