Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:59 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,566,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bitter, no. Waiting for intellectual answers as to "why" Obama won the award after being nominated only 10 days into his Presidency? Yes.
I gave a link of one of the judges explaining IN DETAIL all the points discussed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 10:00 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
So dumb, blind and ignorant are the Obamabots.. They do not even understand why the right is up in arms. Keep thinking about it it may get through your thick skull and eventually into your brain that has been washed in kool aid.

Oh, I understand more than you'd care to know. I'm interested to find out if you understand your anger. My bet is that you don't.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:00 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, I think they would rise above the rightie's PETTY TANTRUMS and applaud the choice

MLK and Terry were above the whining of the poor frenzied repubs !!

LOLLOLOLOL!!!

Great thread!!!
Once again we see the blinded liberals never question anything when it comes to praising or obeying their master.

You do not have any questions as to why a President who had been in office for 20 days was voted to win a peace award? Doesn't that say something to you about the current legitimacy of the award?

No it cant because you are brainwashed.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Please refer to my post 474, which addressed this question of yours the first time you asked me.
Quote:
The Norwegian Nobel Committee said it gave the prize to Obama for his "efforts to strengthen international diplomacy," his "vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons" and for inspiring hope and creating "a new climate in international politics."
Effort, Vision, Hope - in other words, nothing concrete.

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
S'more peace with pictures, dude:

US-led strikes, clashes kill 100, mostly civilians: Afghan police

Civilian deaths in US airstrike overshadow Obama's Afghan summit - Times Online

All in Afghanistan, the righteous war our peacemaker is fighting. We'll peace them right into the stoneage, dammit!

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Because we're looking for answers. We want to know why the Left finds it impossible to acknowledge that Barack Obama does not deserve this award. Further, we want to know why you folks DO think he deserves it.

It's no surprise that these answers are elusive though. Liberalism is a house of cards with no substance. He's black and he's a good orator; that's all that matters in your world.
I already gave my opinion of why he was awarded the prize in a previous post. This post was referring to the constant rhetoric that ensued ever since Obama took office. Non stop lies, distortions, mud slinging and wishes of Obama and the country to fail. I guess you just got used to failure after eight long miserable years under Bush.

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
I gave a link of one of the judges explaining IN DETAIL all the points discussed here.
Oh, but those are merely the judges....they don't matter to the repubs who hate anything remotely related to Peace.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:02 AM

5 posts, read 6,427 times
other nominees over the years hiter in 1939 also joseph stalin.. So suppose its no surprise

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

I'll say that others may be more deserving on a "ground level" view, he has taken a lot of political heat for trying to 'talk' to other international leaders, on a world wide scale. Which may help the 'ground level' personal in the long run.
The key word is "trying" because he hasn't engaged in any diplomatic discussion. Yes, he took heat during his campaign for promising to have discussions with Iran and other controversial countries but that hasn't actually occurred so this award is dubious.

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
He could have thanked them for the honor but politely decline the award. My opinion of him would have greatly improved by such a statement. Instead, his ego inflates, he accepts an award he doesn't deserve, and some here go out of their way to defend his receiving the award. Without my knowledge I was given a letter of commendation from an Admiral. I didn't even know what I was receiving at the time. Myself and our engine room lower level watch were told to get in our dress uniform for an award. We didn't know what it was about. They gave us the commendation and read off why. After the awards ceremony we went back to the birthing compartment and read the award in detail. Our generator seawater intake pipe had ruptured and we were taking on water. The lowerlevelman and I fought to keep the generator running while 15 to 20 men and women took turns in cold sea water fighting the flooding and patching the large hole in the pipe, a pipe as big around as a tree trunk. We were giving the award for fighting the flooding and patching the pipe, something neither of us did. We both riped up the award into tiny pieces. We didn't deserve the award. Most people in the military would not willingly accept awards they didn't deserve, some don't even want awards they deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies