Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
You made a general statement in message 571.

You did not mention Afghanistan.

You've been caught doing it again.
I'll help you out once again.

Post 542, MY response #547, post 564, MY response 571. I guess you didn't read back far enough to see the discussion about Afghanistan.

You've been caught, once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Obama was selected not for substantive accomplishments, but for his "vision" and inspiring "hope" at the beginning of his presidency.

From the selection committee's statement:

As an American, I am proud of our President and I congratulate him...

My own admittedly naive and limited explanation for this award...

The world was so relieved in January that its most powerful nation was no longer controlled by a faction of vultures beholden to the American military-industrial complex that they'd readily plunge the USA into wars for profit that they took a collective deep breath, and said to themselves, "Finally! Those eight years are finished! We can relax now."

Old 10-09-2009, 10:44 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
He got the Nobel Peace Prize for a following a campaign playbook written by others?
Links, please, that prove Obama did not participate in formulating his campaign "playbook."

Old 10-09-2009, 10:45 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Exclamation Y'Know What...I Don't Normally Do This But---

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Agree. This is going to backfire big time. I think America has had enough of this guy. He is more interested in being a celebrity then a President.

The Americans who are not brainwashed, Whom I believe is a great majority of us besides the leftist loonies in here, see through the ego maniacal narcissism and used car salemanship.
We said it from the beginning:this guy is all talk and no substance. Now he is awarded for his rhetoric because his followers must attempt to keep the truth from reaching the world. The truth being Barack Obama is a fraud.
I'm about to open a whole can of stereotypes in this post...so I apologize in advance...

I get a little sick and tired of being labeled as a 'leftist' and a 'loonie' and a 'sheep' and a lot of other silly stuff, simply because I support the President...

It seems to me like for all this malarkey about folks thinking the Pres is a savior, that in truth, that's what a lot of these 'take my country back!' shouters seem to be looking for---some blue-suit-wearing, Bible-toting, John Wayne-acting (by the way, I'm a big fan of his, just using his name in this context LOL) white-male uber-conservative Republican to come along in 2012 and 'undo alll that that wretched fascist Muslim Negro Obama has done to ruin our vanilla-Pleasantville America!'...I say this with the realization that not all conservatives think or act like this---some of them have made themselves known on this board, wwith some very interesting and enlightening posts...

But that jab is aimed at those on here who hurl unfounded insults, scream, call names, jump up and down and pee their pants at how much they hate the Pres, and how they wish he would go away...I gotta admit too that when the award was announced this AM, half of me went 'Yeah!' and the temperate half of me, after hearing the reasons the committee gave, and knowing some of the past recipients of the award, said 'WTF!!'

So I close this now with a question, directed at those whom I have labeled as shouters...say for a minute that you get your wish, and that Mr Obama is a 1-term President---who would YOU like to see standing victorious on the rostrum on Election Night in 2012? Gov. Pawlenty of Minnesota? Gov. Jindal of Louisiana? Mark Kantor, the Republican Whip? John Boehner of Ohio? Sen. Olympia Snowe of Maine? Ex-Gov. Bush of Florida? Former Speaker Newt Gingrich? Who would YOU like to see, and why? I open this to all who want to answer, left or right, Rep or Demo, conservative or liberal...

Ohhh...I almost forgot...there's one name that is noticeable in its absence...and yeah, I'm about to 'jab' again LOL...after having its' first minority President, I think the next logical step for the US, political affiliation aside, is a woman...and I know I'm gonna catch hell for saying this, but Governors who resign before their term is finished, who equate themselves to pit bulls with lipstick, and who can see Russia from their homes, don't count...I can live with a Republican presidency, and also a female presidency, but I'm sorry, she lost me the first time she opened her mouth at the RNC, and I truly felt sorry for Sen. McCain, who I still think is a stand-up guy, and who probably would have done better in the election, maybe even had WON, had he not been saddled with Princess Winka-Winka-Ubetcha as a running mate

Old 10-09-2009, 10:45 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Are you unhappy?
Yes - WTF did he do? Absolutely freaking nothing. How has the world changed one bit. What is different. Except the part where we side with dictators and marxists..

Old 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Oh for pete's sake, this is feeling eerily similar to the highschool Prom Queen elections. The man has done NOTHING to deserve a Nobel Prize. If he had even a shred of integrity, he would have refused it on the grounds that he did not deserve it. His whole campaign and presidency got very embarrassing long ago but boy, this takes the cake.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'll help you out once again.

Post 542, MY response #547, post 564, MY response 571. I guess you didn't read back far enough to see the discussion about Afghanistan.

You've been caught, once again.
You did not mention Afghanistan is message 571.
The word Afghanistan is not contained in message 571.

Called out on message 571, you attempted in message 577 to say that you were referring to Afghanistan in 571.

And if it is clear as you claim - why did you need to post 577?

You're tieing yourself up in knots again.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,107 times
2nd Place:
Michael Scott (Dunder Mifflen)

Nobel Peace prize is a JOKE! Obama has done nothing and deserves nothing! I wish I could take my vote back!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Funny status update from facebook friend:

This just in from the White House: Michelle Obama will be awarded the International Ladies Mud Wrestling Championship and the touring season will be cancelled indefinitely.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:51 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Seriously?! I agree with the many posters here who are wondering what Obama has done to deserve this renowned prize. I'm in front of the news every weeknight watching what's going on in the world and it seems the world is fawning over this man that we know very little about. How did he put one over on the Nobel Peace judges and yet not be able to get the Olympics in Chicago?! Seems like the Olympic committee is made up of a better caliber of people...and smarter! Let's just make way for the "anointed one" as Hannity puts it. I can't wait to see Obama walk on water!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies