Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
50 pages at least.

*gets popcorn ready*
Almost 100 pages!! Woot!

Dang, running low on popcorn....can ya'll hold off till I get back from the Piggly Wiggly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As expected, completely out of context. The Nobel Peace Prize could not have been awarded to Obama based off of these stated issues because nary any of it was accomplished by February 1, 2009. If the Committee is reversing its stance to be a forecaster of good deeds instead of rewarding tried and true accomplishments, then your post would hold water.
sorry mate - he was only nominated in February 2009.
he was not required to do/complete the list given, in order to be nominated.

There is no pretext for someone getting nominated.........Adolf Hitler was nominated in 1939.

I am sure that the Nobel Committee took in to account the issues listed earlier, to award him the NPP.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
i agree this award was clearly partisan. """

partisan?
you mean the norwegian party???

""""again you are unable to point out any tangible acheivement to justify the prize.

Well it is completely undeserved, you seem to say he got it because he is not gwb and you would be right. This is not the basis for an award. This thing is further degraded, it is a real shame.
:d:d

Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Question Ronald Reagan "tear that wall down" never won the Nobel Peace Price

IMO Ronald Reagan did a lot for peace and was never awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm not saying I blame Obama for getting it, but in the same line with Carter, Yasser Arafat.....If I was Obama I was rather in the same line as Ronald Reagan the man who really stood up and tried to end the Cold War!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:24 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
IMO Ronald Reagan did a lot for peace and was never awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm not saying I blame Obama for getting it, but in the same line with Carter, Yasser Arafat.....If I was Obama I was rather in the same line as Ronald Reagan the man who really stood up and tried to end the Cold War!
any chance of posting in english?

Old 10-09-2009, 02:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Better and better as the day wears on.

Nobel Peace Prize Shocks Bloggers: "This is Insane" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Quote:
"Whatever one might feel about Obama, he has not earned this singular award," Russnow wrote. "Few American presidents have received it and of those who have it was bestowed after they'd been engaged in something special.... I believe it is enormously premature for Obama to be getting this great tribute, which to a certain extent cheapens the prior recipients and the work all of them performed over so many years."

Richard Kim at the Nation rattled off a list of deeds liberals are still waiting for Mr. Obama to accomplish before they deem him worthy of the prize: "Fully closing Gitmo and restoring civil liberties and compliance with the Geneva Conventions; negotiating with Iran in good faith; withdrawing from Iraq and, of course, withdrawal from Afghanistan. Escalation, or even maintaining the status quo there, would alone discredit this award in history's eyes."

Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Memo to the conservative posters here: please understand the context of this conversation properly. These left-wing loons just spent the entire 2008 calendar year pouring their hearts and souls into this chicago clown that occupies the white house. They now see that just within 9 months their messiah is falling apart and they are lashing out to justify their emotional investment in this community organizer. They cannot come to terms with the fact that he is a disaster and are not able to lash out at him or themselves, so they do it to us to feel self-righteous. The more they lash out, the wider the grins on your faces should get conservatives. Take a step back for a minute and just appreciate the moment. Appreciate the left's fury at the fact that their messiah is failing.

I'm loving it.
Yeah, I know..... In two days this wretch of a man has gotten an independent report that says that the current healthcare bill on the table WILL, in fact, lower the defecit.

And THEN..... On top of THAT horrible news???

He wins the Nobel Peace Prize...

Yeah, I'm ashamed. You got me.

What do I need to do to convert to the Right?

Give Sean Hannity a BJ, run over a pan-handler with my Hummer and invade Iceland for no apparent reason?

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
The threads were combined. The poll was on a thread posted after the original one, but once the threads were combined, the poll remained. It gives the impression that the OP of the first thread on the subject, AnUnidentifiedMale, authored the poll, but he/she did not.

I wish the poll would be removed, or at the very least, the name of the author of the poll would be listed.
Or change the poll to something a lot more intelligent. Although the repubs have proven their hate and childishness enough without the ignorant poll.

I enjoy watching the repubs demonstrating their hatred of America and anything America does.

It'll help the Democrats the next elections.

And will make them physically sick

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
The Gaggle : Nobel Prize No Cause for Celebration in the White House

Old 10-09-2009, 02:27 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Exclamation GreenGene---I've Got Your Back Here, Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Your president and his party control the entire government and are filibuster proof. The GOP has NO power to stop anything he and his party want to pass.....yet his presidncy is already unraveling and he can't do anything.

But as long as he has zombies such as yourself on his side, he can always resort to blaming the right-wing boogeyman for his own failures, and like clockwork, the kool-aid drinkers (that would be you) will co-sign like the sad little sheep you are.

The only people doing any whining are juvenile kool-aid drinkers such as yourself with generic, bland, uncreative, yawn-inducing, cheesy "attempts" at one-liners like "keep the whine coming"

And speaking of "music to my ears", wanna know what's music to mine? Watching people like you squirm and lash out as you see your messiah crumbling right before you only 9 months into office. Now how about YOU KEEP THAT COMING. My ears love music
I'm one of those 'people like him'...I'm a 280-pound grown man, who is long past the kool-aid drinking stage...I didn't realize (as I've said to others here) that I needed your permission to A) vote for the Pres or B) defend him when, where, and IF I feel like it...

Informational moment---he's not THE Messiah, and he's not MY or anybody else's Messiah---that's another one of those snarky, JUVENILE, all-purpose insulting nicknames folks use on a slow day (when they're not calling him a fascist, a commie, a Marxist...you get the drift)

Informational moment #2---I am NOT any of the following: zombie, sheep, liberal, leftie, 'Obamabot', etc...I AM an American citizen, ex-US Army, husband, brother, son, grandson, who exercised my right to vote on 11-08-08 and helped to elect Mr Obama as President---in short, HE won, McCain and Palin LOST, get over it and find something more constructive to do besides being another one of these poopie-diapered whiners who crowd this forum spitting out snarky 5th grade insults and attempting to pass them off as witty, clever remarks...

In conclusion, know that I am not the only supporter of the Pres who feels like this...we are many in number, we are NOT sheep, we DO NOT drink Kool-Aid, and we CAN and WILL call BS on all this whining and bitching and negativity each-and-every time we bloody well feel like it...end of story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies