Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 05:16 PM

38,601 posts, read 26,210,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.

Bush declaired war?

Would seem your math isn't nearly as bad as your history or civics.

Take it up with Biden and Hilary, and while you're at it give bubba a swift kick for not solving the Al Qaeda problem after the first WTC attack in 1993.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 05:19 PM

38,601 posts, read 26,210,532 times
Quote:
I can't believe there are those who still believe this. There has been enough information on this since the war started, if you have not got it by now there is no convincing you.

Noticed you didn't challenge any of the information.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 PM

24,450 posts, read 33,122,402 times
Quote:
I can't believe there are those who still believe this. There has been enough information on this since the war started, if you have not got it by now there is no convincing you.
Exactly what did I post that is not believable?
And are you going to tell me how Bush "lied us into war?"

Old 10-11-2009, 05:37 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,900,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Exactly what did I post that is not believable?
And are you going to tell me how Bush "lied us into war?"
It is like argueing that the earth is round. It is such an established fact that you don't have to continue to prove it. For educational purposes since you don't seem to have access to anything other than faux news, here is a cite. There is a lot of info in here. Please take the time to read it. It will get you up to date since you appear to be four years behind on current events.

Bush administration lies that led to war - SourceWatch

Old 10-11-2009, 06:04 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,016,545 times
Quote:
It is like argueing that the earth is round. It is such an established fact that you don't have to continue to prove it. For educational purposes since you don't seem to have access to anything other than faux news, here is a cite. There is a lot of info in here. Please take the time to read it. It will get you up to date since you appear to be four years behind on current events.

Bush administration lies that led to war - SourceWatch
Here's another...

Press Release of Intelligence Committee
Senate Intelligence Committee Unveils Final Phase II Reports on Prewar Iraq Intelligence

-- Two Bipartisan Reports Detail Administration Misstatements on Prewar Iraq Intelligence, and Inappropriate Intelligence Activities by Pentagon Policy Office --

Thursday, June 5, 2008 [/b]Washington, DC -- The Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, John D. (Jay) Rockefeller IV, and a bipartisan majority of the Committee (10-5), today unveiled the final two sections of its Phase II report on prewar intelligence. The first report details Administration prewar statements that, on numerous occasions, misrepresented the intelligence and the threat from Iraq. The second report details inappropriate, sensitive intelligence activities conducted by the DoD’s Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy, without the knowledge of the Intelligence Community or the State Department.

U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

Old 10-11-2009, 06:06 PM

24,334 posts, read 22,884,525 times
I'm okay with that. But Obama voters have to pay the same amount. And until either side has paid off their debts, they can't vote. We'd have a golden age renaissance of elected officials. Just imagine all the third party/independant candidates taking office.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:24 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,376 times
Quote:
Please provide a cite for 9 trillion additional expenditures?

Uh, CBO anybody? You do read the news, right?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:26 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,016,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
For the 1,000th time, there was no "lying us into a war."
You can scream that from the rooftop from now until eternity and each time you would be wrong...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/11144263-post45.html

Old 10-11-2009, 06:26 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,376 times
Quote:
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.
No sweat. I can probably scrape that up from the loose change in the couch. But you Demmies have to pay for the trillions Obama is going to add to the debt. Deal?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:51 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,900,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
No sweat. I can probably scrape that up from the loose change in the couch. But you Demmies have to pay for the trillions Obama is going to add to the debt. Deal?
I said they should pay for Bush's MISTAKE WITH the war in Iraq. I am not aware of any major legislation that so far is a mistake and has cost the country billions. There has been a lot of proposals and projections but that is about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies