Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
It appears to me that 60% of all rapes/sexual assaults in this country are committed by blacks. I read in a later post that someone is afraid people will think that this means 60% of blacks are rapist. I say that if you think that you need to go back to school.

I would suggest that most of these rapes are not commited by women, black males under the age of 12 or black males over the age of 50. These rapes/assaults are commited by a small percentage of the black population which represents probably less than 5% of our total population.

Still, I don't want to minimize the problem. There is obviously a significant problem in a segment of the black community. It seems as though there are substantial numbers of people who want to shut down debate regarding these problems.

Many who do debate put forth reasons that almost seem like excues. These happen in poor neighborhoods. We can't blame these folks for rapes and sexual assaults. Anybody would rape and assault if they were poor. I disagree. There is something else going on here. There is a rage in this segment of society that knows no bounds. There is anger and resentment that is fueled by the apologists who keep telling these people that their plight is not their fault. If it's not their fault then there is no need for personal responsibility.

Those who try to put forth what they think may be going on here are called racist and argued with. There is a concerted attempt to pound them into submission. People seem to want to sweep this under the rug, dismiss it and excuse it. They almost seem to think that there is no way this problem is going to get solved and hidding it is the best option. I don't disagree that there may be no way to solve the problem but I, for one, at least want to know about it.

- Reel
I know you're trying to defend the blacks like crazy but I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I'm just giving some statistics and it is shocking and you know that. SHOCKING. Truth hurts.

All I'm saying is that 32,443 White women raped by black men, zero black women raped by White men. This is bad, I mean bad. You don't seem to have any sympathy for white women.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I think I'm being rope-a-doped.

Well that's true.

So, I'm going to say this. I don't care for droopy jeans, baseball caps to the side etc, etc, but then again, my folks hated jeans in general, bell bottoms in particular and afros. But I will admit to wearing loose fit jeans, a nice Kangol throw to the back, and come winter, you can definitely find me in a hoodie from time to time. I've got NWA, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Mos Def, and Public Enemy on my iPod. If that is our criteria of African American thuggery, count me in as a thug..
I don't really get the whole droppy jeans look either but then again I'm not 12 so I don't think I'm supposed to get it. When I was growing up the "thuggish" look was starter jackets and unhooked overalls - yep I rocked it. As for music, I grew up listening to Pop Coochies and Throw Bottles as far as I can tell it didn't really have that much of an affect on me. But then again I never jumped out of my window after watching Peter Pan either so maybe I was just one of the few who grasped the concept of make believe.

I hate when people try to say "rap music" is the at the root of the problems in the black community...because we all know everything was peaceful before Lil Wayne started talking about Licking Lollipops.

I think crack basically destroyed black communities across the nation and it will decades and generations to recoup what was lost; we may never be able to - but until the black family becomes strong again the black community will never improve. Throwing money at it is not going to solve it.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Shall we review the stereotypes and fallacies, and outright racist comments youve made?

1. Because you saw 4 thugs who were black, "so many black teens are thugs". The reality is that a small minority of "black teens are thugs".
2. Section 8 housing is the root of thugs
3. Those thugs were from section 8, and not the "white middle class suburbia"
4. Only Blacks populate section 8 housing, or atleast the bad ones
5. Whites in the "middle class" neighborhood are good and law abiding
6. Placing subsidized housing in "white middle class suburbia" actually gives those kids a "fair shake".

Why dont you go move to Montana, that way, you dont have to deal with any minorities, and your life will be swell.
Regardless of any racist or non-racist agenda of the OP this is the most counter-intuitive post on the thread. You are fighting solid generalizations with the ammunition of an occasional exception. Like it or not, to generalize is an important human tool that has been refined for a long time. Generalizing to be street smart is not necessarily racist.

I agree with Point 1, but when you're talking about low-income black teens the percentage it much higher. The rest of your points are ridiculous. It's like saying "how can you say someone from another country won't be fluent in English? After all, the UK and Ireland exist." As if that negates the larger generalization...
Have you ever even seen section 8 housing? Or are you just a kid from Maine or something? Projects in most of the country are predominantly black so is the OP was probably not incorrect in her assumptions. Perhaps you were trying to be sophisticated in your arguments but it was just poor logic. Sorry.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
I know you're trying to defend the blacks like crazy but I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I'm just giving some statistics and it is shocking and you know that. SHOCKING. Truth hurts.

All I'm saying is that 32,443 White women raped by black men, zero black women raped by White men. This is bad, I mean bad. You don't seem to have any sympathy for white women.
So no white men raped any black women.....none....zero...zilch. What, is this for a time frame of a month? A year? Did I miss a posting that refers to these numbers?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
As a teacher, I do not believe this is a black thing. This is a "I have no father/male role model in my life" thing. The worst behaved children I teach are always boys with no father or male in the house. And this is regardless of race. That's not to say every boy without a male role model is poorly behaved, however it is often the case. And the race most often to have no father in the home is African-Americans.
This is a smart post. It goes beyond the racist "let's blame black people for crime" idea yet seeks to find the root of the problem and the solution instead of attempting to hide it like some other misguided posters.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
So no white men raped any black women.....none....zero...zilch. What, is this for a time frame of a month? A year? Did I miss a posting that refers to these numbers?
A year.

Go back to page 32 and I posted the link there.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/cvus0602.pdf (broken link)

Scroll to Table 42.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Some people have too much time on their hands.

I agree; there's some kids that live down the block from my mom and 1-2am you'll hear them outside just making noise. She lives in a cul-de-sac and sometimes they’ll just be in the middle of the road…just standing there…and then when you get too close they look at you like they’re going to snatch you out the car and beat you down as they slowwwwwwly move. Or they’ll open they’re trunk to provide the soundtrack of their life to the neighborhood (I’ve learned some good music that way) I’ve seen them dash into traffic, moon passing cars and then run back – not realizing that all it’s gone take is ONE person to not be paying attention and they’ll be lying dead in the street with their pants around their ankles.

This has happened to me numerous times but I have never thought “why do white kids do such stupid stuff?” Sure there have been times when I’ve thought “one of these days I’ma shake the hell out of one of them” but I’ve never thought it was specifically a “white kids” problem. I often turn around and tell my son “if I ever catch you in the road I’m gone tear your behind up”, which of course he just laughs at because he has no idea what I’m talking about but the very thought of him having a fraction of the attitude I had during my teen years is already making my hair grey

About two weeks ago, there was a thread "why are blacks so sexy". The OP was accused of race baiting and being a racist. The Mod's closed the thread. I find it interesting that everyday there are at least 3 different threads started on "why are blacks...." that are NEVER closed, but that ONE thread was.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post

What were the numbers on the other races of women raped? How many of these women were raped by black men or other ethniticity? The continued focus on black vs white crime is sickening, as if its acceptable that there are victims out ther AS LONG AS the perpatrator adds to the "black vs white" column. Sickening.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:52 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
About two weeks ago, there was a thread "why are blacks so sexy". The OP was accused of race baiting and being a racist. The Mod's closed the thread. I find it interesting that everyday there are at least 3 different threads started on "why are blacks...." that are NEVER closed, but that ONE thread was.
Cause we ARE homophobic, thugs and we don't vote...but we are NOT sexy.

See that one was a lie but these are all good honest threads created by well meaning folks to save us from the dreaded curse of black. You should thank them for taking an interest in us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
This is a smart post. It goes beyond the racist "let's blame black people for crime" idea yet seeks to find the root of the problem and the solution instead of attempting to hide it like some other misguided posters.
yeah because that nugget of wisdom has never been said before. Thanks for playing dave - we've got some chicken and grits for you as a parting gift.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Quote:
Why are there so many black teen thugs?
Gee,.. I don't know.
Why are there so many teen, female, caucasian, pill snorting, anorexic, cutters?
Why are most serial killers white men?
There are lots of things that we can generalize about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies