Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:12 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

He's a CHARLATAN, period, as are all six being investigated by the Senate Committee. The Senate committee could not only shut down these six, but another SIX THOUSAND more so-called phony church ministries that are nothing but money grubbing tax dodges. I've said for years that people like Falwell(d), Dobson, Robertson, Copeland, Swaggart, the Bakkers, and many more are just greedy money-hungry devils hiding behind a pulpit and milking gullible fools of their money, while REAL churches (as are Catholics, though I have other issues with them) go begging for funds to operate. Evangelical fundamentalism will be the downfall of religion in this country.

CBS website lists all six of the "ministries" being investigated. Excerpts:

- The 6 ministries identified as being under investigation are led by: Paula White, Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar, Eddie Long, Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn. Three of the six - Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar - also sit on the Board of Regents for the Oral Roberts University.

- Because they have tax status as churches, the ministries do not have to file IRS 990 forms like other non-profit organizations - leaving much financial information largely behind closed doors. The structure of many televangelist organizations - in which leadership is concentrated in one person or one family - has itself been the target of criticism. "Churches like these are ruled as a dictatorship," says Rod Pitzer, who directs research at Ministry Watch in NC....

Note that 3 of the 6 are tied to Oral Roberts Univ, which is as phony-baloney as the "universities" run by Pat Robertson and the Falwell organization; nothing more than the USA equivalent of a madrassa -- cranking out radicals.

Note that Ministry Watch publishes a list of THIRTY bogus ministries, and a short explanation of why these are on their no-no list. They list one bogus ministry that preaches free sex and prostitution to raise funds. If there is a God, he/she is crying buckets at all this. Only in America folks.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 11:46 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Hinn is a fraud. I would say he's Godless!

Old 10-11-2009, 11:53 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Hinn and his colleagues worship one god...Mammon.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:57 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
He's a CHARLATAN, period, as are all six being investigated by the Senate Committee. The Senate committee could not only shut down these six, but another SIX THOUSAND more so-called phony church ministries that are nothing but money grubbing tax dodges. I've said for years that people like Falwell(d), Dobson, Robertson, Copeland, Swaggart, the Bakkers, and many more are just greedy money-hungry devils hiding behind a pulpit and milking gullible fools of their money, while REAL churches (as are Catholics, though I have other issues with them) go begging for funds to operate. Evangelical fundamentalism will be the downfall of religion in this country.

CBS website lists all six of the "ministries" being investigated. Excerpts:

- The 6 ministries identified as being under investigation are led by: Paula White, Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar, Eddie Long, Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn. Three of the six - Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar - also sit on the Board of Regents for the Oral Roberts University.

- Because they have tax status as churches, the ministries do not have to file IRS 990 forms like other non-profit organizations - leaving much financial information largely behind closed doors. The structure of many televangelist organizations - in which leadership is concentrated in one person or one family - has itself been the target of criticism. "Churches like these are ruled as a dictatorship," says Rod Pitzer, who directs research at Ministry Watch in NC....

Note that 3 of the 6 are tied to Oral Roberts Univ, which is as phony-baloney as the "universities" run by Pat Robertson and the Falwell organization; nothing more than the USA equivalent of a madrassa -- cranking out radicals.

Note that Ministry Watch publishes a list of THIRTY bogus ministries, and a short explanation of why these are on their no-no list. They list one bogus ministry that preaches free sex and prostitution to raise funds. If there is a God, he/she is crying buckets at all this. Only in America folks.
And if it looks like justice might be served on these soulless creatures, they
will whip their followers into a lather over "a war on Christianity." As you say, only in America.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:46 PM

595 posts, read 761,839 times
1 Timothy 6:5
and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

Luke 9:25 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

Luke 16:9
I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:10 PM

595 posts, read 761,839 times
Myself? Do not believe in selling the Word of God for any profit. I am opposed to books and CD's of the Word being sold to further a church or person. God is very explicit that tithes and offerings are to support the church. If they were the ministers they say they are, they would tell you to read the Bible. For God is the only One with all the answers. Do not believe in donating for a prayer cloth or oil. A complete sham. And if anyone has a chance, read Proverbs 21 & 22. God tells you not to go into debt because you become a servant to the one you owe, most churches go in debt for a building or other things. We are servants of Jesus Christ only. If you don't have the money, you don't need it. Wait on the Lord. There is much freedom in these Proverbs.
Boasting About Tomorrow

James 4: 13 Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 17 So then, if you know the good you ought to do and don't do it, you sin.

Isn't this some of what has happened to America? Why put yourself in the position to worry.
I want now and will go into debt to get it. I can pay for this in five or thirty years. No one knows if he/she will live 5 or 30 years. Take steps that are sure.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:11 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Hinn is a fraud. I would say he's Godless!
And let's not forget Joel "Superdome" Osteen and his milk pails for milking the faithful.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:16 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
I took offense at the PP comment, but now I take offense to yours also.

If you are a Christian you should know that ALL Christian religons derived from Catholicism. ALL of them. In fact, if you have studied religon at all, you know this.

**I am asuuming you are not referring to Judism or Islamd since we are talking about Benny Hinn ;-)
well first perhaps we should find out exactly what he meant by the real thing! The "real thing" to me is, Jesus Christ!! Are you telling me Jesus Christ was a Catholic?

Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
well first perhaps we should find out exactly what he meant by the real thing! The "real thing" to me is, Jesus Christ!! Are you telling me Jesus Christ was a Catholic?
I believe He was the Son of God and not into denominational factionalism.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:23 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I believe He was the Son of God and not into denominational factionalism.
Precisely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies