Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 05:12 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, yes, I think that's what most of us are arguing. It's conduct that should matter - not your personal sexual interests.
DITTO! Plus wasn't Dave aware of the Navy's reputation when he joined....makes one wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 05:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This shows a list of countries that allows homosexuals to serve openly:

Sexual orientation and military service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hmmm . . I don't see Greece on the list.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You asked me a question - as to "how I knew". I responded with conversations that I had with service members - and their relating to me what happened to other service members who were gay.

Then, you have the audacity to say that I don't see the "adsurdness of what I'm saying"! I was relating what OTHERS SAID - not what I said.

May I suggest that you try reading and comprehending another's post BEFORE responding?
Actually Greatday, perhaps you need to try & read & comprehend....I was not the person who asked you the question "how do you know?"

Old 10-11-2009, 05:32 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,563 times
Gays should allowed to serve. Otherwise you'd get a huge increase in the gay population come the next draft. It's an easy out and you don't have to demonstrate to prove your preference.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Gays should allowed to serve. Otherwise you'd get a huge increase in the gay population come the next draft. It's an easy out and you don't have to demonstrate to prove your preference.
That's how my uncle got out of being drafted into the Vietnam War.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:03 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
DITTO! Plus wasn't Dave aware of the Navy's reputation when he joined....makes one wonder?
As any school girl will tell you, a reputation isn't a fact. Besides, I went into the Navy with the knowledge of personal experience of both my uncle and my dad. Besides, I never said the two guys were in the Navy. Most Navy bases have people from both the Navy and Marines since the Marines fall under the Department of the Navy.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yeah, right! If you believe that fiction, more power to you.

From the dawn of warfare, there have been gays in the military, now we can argue until the cows come home about what is "open" and about "openly" gay relationships on bases but you would have to have been Ray Charles to miss them.
My daughter the Sgt. Major tells her troops that if they actually believe they have not already showered with those who are G or L then they must be awfully dirty.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:41 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Obama promise to make an end in homosexual armed forces restrictions.
What do you think about??
I think sexual preference is genetic, and a natural part of the individual regardless if it is heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual.
I also think I would be disturbed if as a heterosexual I couldn’t walk down the street holding my wife’s hand. Such should be the same right with other sexual preferences and as long as I am still allowed that right I am sure willing to grant it to any others reguardless of sex.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I also think I would be disturbed if as a heterosexual I couldn’t walk down the street holding my wife’s hand.
I admit - when I see opposite-sex couples holding hands in public, I'm envious. They probably don't even think about doing it. For same-sex couples, there's almost no way to do that without feeling self-conscious about it. Just holding hands in public feels like an "activist" thing to do.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:47 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I think sexual preference is genetic, and a natural part of the individual regardless if it is heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual.
I also think I would be disturbed if as a heterosexual I couldn’t walk down the street holding my wife’s hand. Such should be the same right with other sexual preferences and as long as I am still allowed that right I am sure willing to grant it to any others reguardless of sex.
Even if homosexuals were allowed openly in the military, they would not be allowed to do this while in uniform. Technically, even straight couples in uniform cannot do this. You'd be surprised at the number of regulations the military fall under. Oops, Just remembered. They'd have to first repeal the UCMJ order making sodomy illegal. Heck, a lot of straight men could have been found guilty of this for doing this with their wives and girlfriends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies