Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times

Advertisements

I can purchase a firearm with no ID

I can purchase ammo with no ID

I can carry my firearm in the open with no ID

I do not have to register my firearm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 03:23 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Your "feeling" is mistaken

Often times when law enforcement busts these big time drug cartels and drug gangs - they have weaponry and ammo stashes that are friggin' unbelieveable!
Cartels maybe, but I was referring to the gang-bangers who commit the vast majority of gun crime in CA.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Cartels maybe, but I was referring to the gang-bangers who commit the vast majority of gun crime in CA.
You don't know a lot about these "gang bangers", do you? Many of them are VERY well organized. They have all the firepower they want. They can get whatever guns they want. Many "bangers" have large stashes of weapons and ammo. They have no difficulty getting whatever they want.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I can purchase a firearm with no ID

I can purchase ammo with no ID

I can carry my firearm in the open with no ID

I do not have to register my firearm

And I can carry one conceled in most states in US, including Arizona.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
They have no difficulty getting whatever they want.
No, because when they need more ammo, they can just walk into WalMart and buy some more.

Actually I do know something about them: vast majority of them are no-good scumbags who carry whatever POS gun they can find, and are more than happy to use them.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:37 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,902 times
Quote:
Judging by your gleeful defense of this new law, I would question your gun ownership claim, much less being an NRA member.
Your views are inconsistent.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:44 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,380,531 times
have fun californians! I just stopped by my local wallyworld and bought a bunch of handgun ammo and all I had to do was look over 21 (easy) and swipe my debit card
you all can have those retarded gun laws and all the drive-bys they don't stop.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:48 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,663 times
Quote:
According to the article he is worried about felons and gang members buying it. So, all you gotta do is prove you are not a criminal, and you can buy all the ammo you want. What's the big deal? What am I missing here? When I was younger, I often had to show my ID to prove my age. Big deal.
I've read a lot of your posts Finn, so this one doesn't surprise me. This is the typical response of many on the left side of the spectrum. The old "Well, if you have nothing to hide, why worry" defense. But here's the problem with that. One, there is absolutely no reason the government needs to know how many shotgun shells I have in my possession. This is an invasion of privacy which is completely unwarranted. Do you really think this measure will do a thing to stop the sale of ammunition to criminals? They can either simply steal it, have someone buy it for them, or purchase it from the same hoods they get their illegal firearms from. Bottom line is, this is just another government measure meant to tighten the governments hold on the law abiding American citizen. Like all gun laws put in place to regulate weapons, this one will have absolutely no effect on the criminal element they claim to be targeting. It's just another measure of control put in place by a government that is already far to deep in the everyday lives of Americans. And it will provide a database which the government can use to target gun owners with plentiful ammunition should they ever decide this democracy thing just isn't working out. As usual, California is at the forefront of the communisation of this country. And this is just another step towards eventual dictatorial rule.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Judging by your gleefull defense of this new law, I would question your gun ownership claim, much less being an NRA member.
Your views are inconsistent.
Question away, but the fact remains: I am a long time gun owner, concealed weapons license holder and NRA member.

The difference between you and me is that I don't let NRA do my thinking for me. Nor does my life revolve around the 2nd amendment to a point where I would reflectively oppose any attempt to reduce gun crime. That is the only reason why I support this law: because I believe it would reduce ammo sales to criminals. There is no other reason for me to support it. But people like you who repeat everything NRA says worry me, because they have shelved common sense and replaced it with blind loyalty.

I am open to listen to all good reasons why this law is a bad idea, it's just that so far no one has offered one.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
But not Illinois...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies