Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:33 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

The first vote is in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
That's huge, considering Democrats need Lieberman's vote to make a full 60 vote, filibuster-proof majority. If the RINO's from Maine crater, it's still possible, but who's to say that all the Blue Dogs are on board with the final bill? Health Care Reform is far from certain at this point, it seems.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:04 AM

301 posts, read 208,548 times
Sad that folks are applauding the posiiblity of us not getting reform. I'm sure folks will say that they don't want this type of reform but the problem is Republicans have had power for the majority of the last 40 years and have NEVER made a real attempt at reforming healthcare. Republicans simply dont care and don't want reform. They want their insurance company campaign money.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:09 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's huge, considering Democrats need Lieberman's vote to make a full 60 vote, filibuster-proof majority.
Very few are concerned about the blocking a filibuster, the bill will be passed in reconciliation. Filibuster away.

But having said that, I wouldn't vote for the Baccus bill as it stands now and neither will many progressive Democrats.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
Sad that folks are applauding the posiiblity of us not getting reform. I'm sure folks will say that they don't want this type of reform but the problem is Republicans have had power for the majority of the last 40 years and have NEVER made a real attempt at reforming healthcare. Republicans simply dont care and don't want reform. They want their insurance company campaign money.

Uh, the largest receipients were Democrats last election. Look it up.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
1) If you think Republicans are the only one's counting on insurance company campaign money, i'd advise you to exit the forum and perform a little prerequisite research.

2) Republican's want healthcare reform as well. What Republican's don't want is a public option that is sold to us based on phony math that only the President himself can replicate. (See numerous CBO analyses for your proof)

But while you're blaming Republican's for everything, here's a tiny tidbit of information for you to chew on. That saintly Max Baucus and his corp of Democratic do-gooder's have your best interests in mind don't they!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:48 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Sad that folks are applauding the possibility of us not getting reform. I'm sure folks will say that they don't want this type of reform but the problem is Republicans have had power for the majority of the last 40 years and have NEVER made a real attempt at reforming health care. Republicans simply don't care and don't want reform. They want their insurance company campaign money.
No, not applauding no reform, just not this "reform". Everyone wants common sense health care reforms that hold all parties, to include the federal government and the unions they are paying off, accountable.

I don't want to be forced into a government plan that takes my premiums and gives them to unions and ACORN in exchange for votes and free campaign workers. Don't you ever wonder were the stimulus money went? Everything this administration and congress has done thus far has been a bait and switch scam geared at taking our money and using it for reelection efforts.

Obama will sign any health care reform bill that comes out of the Congress regardless of the content because it isn't, and never has been, about health care. It's about our paychecks and the shortest rout to getting into them. If they have raided all the trust funds for existing programs, what makes you think they won't rob this one too?

Pay offs to the hospital industry, Pharma, unions and insurance companies tells me what this is supposed to do and what it actually will do are two very different things.

Nothing that can be accomplished with a public option needs a public option for it to be accomplished. Government run health care is a scam that, like the stimulus, cap and trade and the budget, will center around political favors, including transfer payments, to supporters.

Industrial Unions: Top Recipients | OpenSecrets

Hospitals & Nursing Homes: Top Recipients | OpenSecrets

Lawyers & Lobbyists: Top Recipients | OpenSecrets

Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, not applauding no reform, just not this "reform". Everyone wants common sense health care reforms that hold all parties, to include the federal government and the unions they are paying off, accountable.
I will applaud no reform. Do you actually trust the 2 parties currently in charge to construct a bill to determine how our healthcare is paid for? Please.

I rather wait until the American people get fed up and clear out all the junk we have "serving us" in Washington.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Uh, the largest receipients were Democrats last election. Look it up.
Which is why we are having so much trouble getting a bill that favors the people and not Big Medicine.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I will applaud no reform. Do you actually trust the 2 parties currently in charge to construct a bill to determine how our healthcare is paid for? Please.

I rather wait until the American people get fed up and clear out all the junk we have "serving us" in Washington.
No, I don't trust either party. There are too many vested interests on both side. The only people whose interest is not looked after is the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies