Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 04:12 PM

504 posts, read 899,995 times

Advertisements

A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing. And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be among the minor concerns."Here we are in 2012. Food riots, tax protests, farmer rebellions, student revolts, squatter diggins, homeless uprisings, tent cities, ghost malls, general strikes, bossnappings, kidnappings, industrial saboteurs, gang warfare, mob rule, terror," he writes for a quarterly publication that is available through subscription on his website. Celente - People Should Brace For 'Greatest Depression'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 04:31 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,160,142 times
Doom & gloom, better start stashing your freeze dried food and gold coins....!

PS: Isn't Celente the one who coined the term "Obamageddon"?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:49 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,023,015 times
Predict it every year and some day he might eventually be right. He's predicted the same terrorism, war, tax revolts and economic destruction every year since 1993...why stop now? Slap a new name on an old theory, get some air time and a bit more fame as people who weren't old enough to remember it the first dozen times it got air play give it another flight.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 709,781 times
This has the potential to be true whcih is exacerbated by the fact that obama is President and liberal party functions are run amuck. Food storage is essential for self preservation as is ammo. I would suggest you all seek family alliances and even neighborhood alliances that serve to fortify protect and feed yourselves. It is not beyond the realm of possiblity. There is no one to check this lunacy that is lead by Obama. These fools have no vision and no understanding of economics or self preservation. They are our enemies. I hope I live to see them punished for their atrocities.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 PM

46,835 posts, read 25,764,732 times
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:06 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,686,101 times
wowowowo! bring it on!!!!!! There is profit in confusion!!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 PM

17,060 posts, read 16,236,861 times
Can we go trick or treating in the ghost malls? We'll call it O-booooo-mageddon...

Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,882,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
This has the potential to be true whcih is exacerbated by the fact that obama is President and liberal party functions are run amuck. Food storage is essential for self preservation as is ammo. I would suggest you all seek family alliances and even neighborhood alliances that serve to fortify protect and feed yourselves. It is not beyond the realm of possiblity. There is no one to check this lunacy that is lead by Obama. These fools have no vision and no understanding of economics or self preservation. They are our enemies. I hope I live to see them punished for their atrocities.
You seriously think this is all Obama's doing? Really? You really need to get a grip and confront the real enemies in your mind so you can focus the fight onto the right target. I want to tell you about a person my next door neighbor knows. She has been forced to work half-time by her employer. She is currently collecting unemployment for the two weeks/mo she does not work. That will last another couple of months. Then she is SOL, forced to live on half the salary she started working at. Her employer that is in such dire straights that they have had to consolidate the workforce in this fashion is adding another shift to keep up their production quota.

The real problem as I see it is corporate greed. Insurance companies are some of the most profitable entities anywhere and they literally hid billions of dollars under an offshore tax haven rock and went to the governement broke and received your money and mine for their acting skills. Those insurance companies now want you and me to be forced to buy a policy directly from them because our employers no longer want to and because in many cases no longer have to. Its Obama's fault for caring that 1/4 of Americans are dying prematurely from preventable illness.

I could say more but I hope I've primed the pump of understanding and you will start doing some investigation on your own. Obama is not the reason unemployment keeps rising despite the "end of the recession".

H

Old 10-13-2009, 05:35 PM

1,133 posts, read 709,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You seriously think this is all Obama's doing? Really? You really need to get a grip and confront the real enemies in your mind so you can focus the fight onto the right target. I want to tell you about a person my next door neighbor knows. She has been forced to work half-time by her employer. She is currently collecting unemployment for the two weeks/mo she does not work. That will last another couple of months. Then she is SOL, forced to live on half the salary she started working at. Her employer that is in such dire straights that they have had to consolidate the workforce in this fashion is adding another shift to keep up their production quota.

The real problem as I see it is corporate greed. Insurance companies are some of the most profitable entities anywhere and they literally hid billions of dollars under an offshore tax haven rock and went to the governement broke and received your money and mine for their acting skills. Those insurance companies now want you and me to be forced to buy a policy directly from them because our employers no longer want to and because in many cases no longer have to. Its Obama's fault for caring that 1/4 of Americans are dying prematurely from preventable illness.

I could say more but I hope I've primed the pump of understanding and you will start doing some investigation on your own. Obama is not the reason unemployment keeps rising despite the "end of the recession".

H
Well then please, humor me, what do you think it is? The taxpayers of this country are supplying billions of dollars, printed and backed by nothing at Obamas direction. Instead of concentrating on jobs which cures all problems he instead is spending his non existent political capital on health care reform , olympic bids, sqauat and green. This guy is the most miserable failure in my adult life time. Where are the jobs? Yes and it is going to get worse,- much worse. We haven't even begun to settle up the debts in the commercial sector and we are only half way through the private housing sector.
Obama is indeed the problem, not alone mind you, his followers are equally to blame and that includes you the poster. He is a disaster and I very much recommend to you that you begin to set aside food to ration to your family and ammunition to protect them. As for the poster in LA,... goodbye, you don't stand a chance.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:45 PM

487 posts, read 634,576 times
But I thought 'Bama was going to fix everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies