Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Where in this article does it say ALL flags? :
Why the very first sentence.

Quote:
ALBANY, Ore. - At the Oaks Apartments in Albany, the management can fly their own flag advertising one and two bedroom apartments - but residents have been told they can't fly any flags at all.
I know it's kinda confusing the way they wrote it "any flags at all" but "any flags at all" is the same as "NO flags".

No flags.

At all.

None.

Zero.

Quote:
No they didn't, it is hear say. The management will not answer questions, so it isn't confirmed. But the one thing that we do know is that people have directly been told to remove the US flag.
It's heresay from the residents! If management is not answering questions who do you think provided the media with this information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 09:31 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Where in this article does it say she drags it?
Where in this article does it say ALL flags? It says sports flags (whatever that is) and flag stickers on cars. But that is not confirmed....So
It says it in the first paragraph...

ALBANY, Ore. - At the Oaks Apartments in Albany, the management can fly their own flag advertising one and two bedroom apartments - but residents have been told they can't fly any flags at all.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The property should be taken away from the owners and re sold at an auction.

If they hate America so bad they do not want our flag flying then take their property away, sell it and deport their butts.

Many of us are getting sick of this crap.

We need to get a law passed that ONLY AMERICAN flags can be flown and no other countries flag would be allowed to fly in America period.
I agree up to a point.

They should not ban American flags. That is wrong.

But only Americans flags is also wrong. People have the freedom to fly whichever countries flag they please. I see it. Do I like that there is an Albanian Flag or Mexican Flag flying? No. But they have a right too express themselves.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:35 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Why the very first sentence.

I know it's kinda confusing the way they wrote it "any flags at all" but "any flags at all" is the same as "NO flags".

No flags.

At all.

None.

Zero.

It's heresay from the residents! If management is not answering questions who do you think provided the media with this information?
It isn't here say when one man is stepping up and saying he was told to remove the flags from his motorcycles. The red, white and blue flags. No other flags have been called out, nor has anyone stepped up to say that they have been told to take it down.

I don't think you are getting that. This is the US! We fly our flags here. And it isn't like these flags just popped up over night, they have been flying for quite a while I am sure. So if it was a case of breaking a clause in the lease etc....it would have long been addressed.

When a citizen of this country is ok with being told to remove this nations flag (from anywhere!) there are huge issues that they need to deal with.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:35 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Where in this article does it say she drags it?
Where in this article does it say ALL flags? It says sports flags (whatever that is) and flag stickers on cars. But that is not confirmed....So

First sentence:".........but residents have been told they can't fly any flags at all".

Also repeated in the video.

If you watch the video, it's on her cart, and comes real close (in the 3 seconds shown) to hitting the ground.

Sports Flag:

Last edited by plannine; 10-14-2009 at 09:43 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It says it in the first paragraph...

Like I said...no one is stepping up and saying they were asked to remove any other flag but the flag of THIS nation.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
It isn't here say when one man is stepping up and saying he was told to remove the flags from his motorcycles. The red, white and blue flags. No other flags have been called out, nor has anyone stepped up to say that they have been told to take it down.

I don't think you are getting that. This is the US! We fly our flags here. And it isn't like these flags just popped up over night, they have been flying for quite a while I am sure. So if it was a case of breaking a clause in the lease etc....it would have long been addressed.

When a citizen of this country is ok with being told to remove this nations flag (from anywhere!) there are huge issues that they need to deal with.
First of all, you're not supposed to put a flag on a vehicle - it's disrespectful. My Grandfather reamed me out for that one after 9/11.

Second of all - there are plenty of apartment complexes and condo associations that do not allow any type of display outside the apartments. Your choice as an American is to not rent from a complex with such rules.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
If you watch the video, it's on her cart, and comes real close (in the 3 seconds shown) to hitting the ground.

I can't watch the video for some reason? It is probably fed through double click and my host file doesn't allow that trash in. But anyway, if that is the case....someone should remind her that the flag is to not touch the ground. Although, her intentions are grand.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
First of all, you're not supposed to put a flag on a vehicle - it's disrespectful. My Grandfather reamed me out for that one after 9/11.

Second of all - there are plenty of apartment complexes and condo associations that do not allow any type of display outside the apartments. Your choice as an American is to not rent from a complex with such rules.
Why is it considered disrespectful?

Sorry for asking but I never heard of it being disrespectful.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Like I said...no one is stepping up and saying they were asked to remove any other flag but the flag of THIS nation.
What you are doing is making an assumption. You think if there were flags of other countries flying in that complex, the article wouldn't have made a huge deal about it?

This is a common rule at many complexes. Nothing flying outside your apartment at all, even if it is a seasonal flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies