Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

Who said it was an excuse. It is reality. Are you going to blame the Jews for being hauled off to Auschwitz? You probably will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
well they from your posts so far and up to now. You make sound like blacks are doomed here in America. I'm not open minded to your lame excuses.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Whites are never stereotyped, because whites don't DO anything that would cause a stereotype to form. "Hillbilly redneck" may sound unkind, but it's hardly a stereotype. Neither is "white bread" or "skinhead". Neither is "they eat sandwiches with the crusts cut off"...

The day whites exhibit 'colorful' behavior, is the day they'll be stereotyped. So far, white behavior is simply too 'bland' to elicit any strong stereotypes, either positive or negative. Whites simply don't DO enough to get attention. Even their FOOD is unimaginative. Where's the stereotype in THAT?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 PM

23 posts, read 31,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm glad that you are open minded to my point of view. Black people still are discriminated against and nobody can say otherwise. Unfair treatment is a contributing factor in their failure.
It seems Black people expect everything to be handed to them rather than working to achieve results.

They seem to live for the day, rather than living for tomorrow. Meaning many don't seem to plan for the future (probably why when comparing Whites and Blacks of an equal income level, the Black person is more likely to be impoverished and have less networth) instead seeking immediate satisfaction.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:07 PM

So when they wear stupid white cloaks and light crosses on fire. That is not attention getting? Okay. You make a lot of sense. So when Fred Phelps marches around with hate posters in the name of Jesus, that isn't attention getting? Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

The day white exhibit 'colorful' behavior, is the day they'll be stereotyped. So far, white behavior is simply too 'bland' to elicit any strong stereotypes, either positive or negative. Whites simply don't DO enough to get attention.

97 posts, read 116,855 times
So I was right this is a pity poor me I''m black thread. America hates us

145 posts, read 184,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
How hard is it to do well in High School than apply at a College and take out student loans or get federal assistance? Hell I did it and I'm not from a wealthy family.
For someone with access to a quality education, it's not hard at all. But many blacks grow up in areas with sub-standard educational facilities, so therefore, by the time they do graduate high school, if they even make it out, are often ill-prepared for the rigors of college curriculum.

Like I said, it's easy to sit back and say, "it's easy", but you forget the damage has already been done and the community has been beat down so severely, that it's quite difficult for many inner city blacks to escape the revolving door of poverty.

You have to remember, the current state of black America is a result of hundreds of years of discrimination. Affirmative action and a few programs isn't going to just undo the damage.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:08 PM

I have no clue what you are talking about. A black person has never asked me for anything. I was also educated with a lot of black people that never asked me for anything. Every homeless person begging me for coins or cash was white. Your statement is void. You can go home now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwhateverdude View Post
It seems Black people expect everything to be handed to them rather than working to achieve results.

They seem to live for the day, rather than living for tomorrow. Meaning many don't seem to plan for the future (probably why when comparing Whites and Blacks of an equal income level, the Black person is more likely to be impoverished and have less networth) instead seeking immediate satisfaction.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:10 PM

145 posts, read 184,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
To really sum it up. Race and victim cards played.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 PM

97 posts, read 116,855 times
Quote:
Who said it was an excuse. It is reality. Are you going to blame the Jews for being hauled off to Auschwitz? You probably will.
No I'm not blaming jews for anything . Yes you are making a excuse.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:14 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
No. Your commentary is warped. Black people or any minority who sell out to corrupt corporate big wigs are just as bad.

Minorities that are seeking work, and or education/technical training are fine. The hiring managers that keep it on the down-low not to hire blacks is a problem.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean the other 300,000,000 million people in the United States aren't experiencing it. So in other words just because Oprah is the top rated talk show host doesn't mean black women in general are not being treated unfairly. Being treated unfairly can have a negative impact on somebody's life. If you don't want to acknowledge that, then that is your problem. You can't see through diverse view points. Again, that is your flaw.
I got news for you I was a hiring manager for Bristol-Myers Squibb for over 15 years and we hired whom ever had the qualifications we needed. We were never told not to hire minorities. You are making excuses not to try and that is dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies