Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 08:26 PM

145 posts, read 184,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwhateverdude View Post
The United States was 90% White and this began to change in the 1970s so of course Presidents would be Whites because it was White people who built the entire political system, framework, and country.

Blacks need to stop crying, they have it better here than anything theyve done on their own.
Blacks do not have it any better than they would have "own their own".

Blacks have been and continue to be the most marginalized group of people in this country, without an access to power, and limited resources to flourish in a capitalistic marketplace.

And it has nothing to do with a genetic predispostition towards violence or being dumb -- it has to do with a system of institutional racism set in place many years ago.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Whites are never stereotyped, because whites don't DO anything that would cause a stereotype to form. "Hillbilly redneck" may sound unkind, but it's hardly a stereotype. Neither is "white bread" or "skinhead". Neither is "they eat sandwiches with the crusts cut off"...

The day whites exhibit 'colorful' behavior, is the day they'll be stereotyped. So far, white behavior is simply too 'bland' to elicit any strong stereotypes, either positive or negative. Whites simply don't DO enough to get attention. Even their FOOD is unimaginative. Where's the stereotype in THAT?
Um no. Whites aren't stereotyped because American culture is "white culture".

In an Asian country, the practices of white Americans is seen as "colorful" and out of the norm. It's relative to who is the majority and what culture the majority of the population adheres to.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
The rationale for non-discrimination laws and non-discrimination policies comes out of research, history, and statistics that showed how certain minority groups were more likely to experience unfair treatment and harassment. These laws are protection laws. They do not grant minorities any special privileges. If anybody has special privileges it is white people, ie: white privilege.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by + or - View Post
Blacks do not have it any better than they would have "own their own".

Blacks have been and continue to be the most marginalized group of people in this country, without an access to power, and limited resources to flourish in a capitalistic marketplace.

And it has nothing to do with a genetic predispostition towards violence or being dumb -- it has to do with a system of institutional racism set in place many years ago.

97 posts, read 116,870 times
Quote:
Um, it is true. Black, Asian, and Hispanic upper-level management is disproportionately unrepresented in American business. Compare the number of qualified black, Asian, and Hispanic MBA's relative to their representation in c-level corporate jobs and you'll see the discrepancy.

Same can be said for black doctors. The AMA just apologized for years of past discrimination against black doctors in terms of recognition, social networking, and career advancement.

You see what you want to see.
low IQ is their problem not racism. thats why whites hold upper-level managment higher IQ Asians are a smaller population that is why you see less of them in upper-management level postions they have higher IQ 's than whites

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwhateverdude View Post
It seems Black people expect everything to be handed to them rather than working to achieve results.

They seem to live for the day, rather than living for tomorrow. Meaning many don't seem to plan for the future (probably why when comparing Whites and Blacks of an equal income level, the Black person is more likely to be impoverished and have less networth) instead seeking immediate satisfaction.
Where are you getting this? Do you have a set of empirical data to back up these claims? You sound ridiculous.

Besides, the comparisons wouldn't be valid anyway because the average black networth is over 10 times less than that of the average white net worth.

For the menial number of blacks who have achieved net worths similar to whites, the data set is not large enough or varied enough to make a valid correlation-based conclusion.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
TRUE some have . the majority no not. instituntionalized racsim I don't think so
What's the culprit then? Let me guess...because most blacks are cognically inferior to whites?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Why are whites free from stereotypes yet blacks not?

Dunno. My mama used to call me white trash.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Are you adopted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Why are whites free from stereotypes yet blacks not?

Dunno. My mama used to call me white trash.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 PM

97 posts, read 116,870 times
Quote:
What's the culprit then? Let me guess...because most blacks are cognically inferior to whites?
never said anything about anyone being inferior. but if racism is everywhere like you claim then I guess you have no hope here in America? like you said American culture is white culture.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
So you, as far as I'm concerned, are in no position to judge.
But it's perfectly okay for you, a black racist, to sit in judgement of all white people? LAWL. Go tell it to the mountain and then do your people a favor and take a flying leap off of it.

Quote:
Last I knew there was a black President in office, not to mention many black mayors, senators and governors. If that's not access to power, I don't know what is.

Last edited by renault; 10-13-2009 at 09:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies