Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:21 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ahhh, what a pleasure to see the words of such a sensitive soul. Let me get out the little violin for you.
The only people that need the violins are the lesbos complaining about this nonsense. Don't you think they should just mind their business like they want people to do with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Get over yourself....Who cares what the gays and lesbians think, they need to mind their business. That's all there is too it.
I was responding to the opinion piece linked. So no free speech for you huh?

Quote:
People can do as they please if abiding by laws without any regard to how you might offend some gay or lesbian.
Obviously not, you say below you don't want to watch 2 guys kissing. So which is it? People can, or cannot do as they please if abiding by the law?

Quote:
Why is it ok for them to voice their displeasure because they see, what they THINK, are 2 straight girls kissing, but I can't voice my displeasure of whatching to gay guys kissing? Why is that?
I guess watching 2 girls kissing stirs the old loins a bit more, eh?

Quote:
They want equality? They'll get equality by shutting their yaps and minding their business.
Nice! Yeah, that hasn't worked so well in the past. People who are not gay seem to feel that it is their business to interfere in the lives of people who are gay a lot more than vice versa. If you are not gay, don't want to kiss someone who is gay, and don't want to marry someone who is gay, then why not "shut your yap and mind your own business"?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I was responding to the opinion piece linked. So no free speech for you huh?

Obviously not, you say below you don't want to watch 2 guys kissing. So which is it? People can, or cannot do as they please if abiding by the law?

I guess watching 2 girls kissing stirs the old loins a bit more, eh?

Nice! Yeah, that hasn't worked so well in the past. People who are not gay seem to feel that it is their business to interfere in the lives of people who are gay a lot more than vice versa. If you are not gay, don't want to kiss someone who is gay, and don't want to marry someone who is gay, then why not "shut your yap and mind your own business"?
I might not like what I see, but I'm not going to complain in public and make a scene like some little crybaby, I just turn my head and MIND MY OWN BUSINESS. I guess you don't know the real issue with gay marriage too well, it's not that the people are uniting and getting together, it is they want to use the term MARRIAGE that most people don't like.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
I guess you don't know the real issue with gay marriage too well, it's not that the people are uniting and getting together, it is they want to use the term MARRIAGE that most people don't like.
I know the real issue with gay marriage very well thank you. And I guess that they want to use the term MARRIAGE because they want to be MARRIED.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:41 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I know the real issue with gay marriage very well thank you. And I guess that they want to use the term MARRIAGE because they want to be MARRIED.
All they need is the same benefits. Married is a religious term that means the union of a man and woman. They need to pick a different term.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,561,646 times
Quote:
The only people that need the violins are the lesbos complaining about this nonsense. Don't you think they should just mind their business like they want people to do with them?
Remember when you said this to me?

Quote:
You seem like a real sour person. Have you been dogged alot in relationships?

Pot meet kettle.

You certainly don't seem to be taking your own advice of minding your own business, do you? I'm seeing lots of concern about homosexuals, I wonder why?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:58 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
All they need is the same benefits. Married is a religious term that means the union of a man and woman. They need to pick a different term.
Should we brainstorm for a term or mind our own business and let them pick one?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Should we brainstorm for a term or mind our own business and let them pick one?
Let them pick one. They won't be happy if someone else does it for them.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:06 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Remember when you said this to me?

Pot meet kettle.

You certainly don't seem to be taking your own advice of minding your own business, do you? I'm seeing lots of concern about homosexuals, I wonder why?
Your comaprison makes no sense. As far as you having concerns over my concerns about homosexuals, well,,,this thread is about lesbians.....The point being, there's a double standard at work. It's taboo to EVER say ANYTHING publicly about homosexuals, but they are free to make discriminating remarks about something they don't like? They need to put aside their "protected class" mentality and get into that long ass line of people waiting to complain to someone who actually gives a crap.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,561,646 times
Quote:
Your comaprison makes no sense. As far as you having concerns over my concerns about homosexuals, well,,,this thread is about lesbians.....The point being, there's a double standard at work. It's taboo to EVER say ANYTHING publicly about homosexuals, but they are free to make discriminating remarks about something they don't like? They need to put aside their "protected class" mentality and get into that long ass line of people waiting to complain to someone who actually gives a crap.
If you don't give a crap, why are you wasting energy on this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies