Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
There you go "sheeple" another fool listens to Moore's Follies....

See the problem you have here is that most Americans just want to raise a family and make a decent living and be happy. Does MONEY buy happiness? NOPE. Just look at all of those unhappy RICH liberals in Hollywood for example.

I make a very comfortable living for my family...more than the average person. I'm happy. Sure if I won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes (lol) I wouldn't cry about it....but I make more money than most, worked hard for it and things are just fine.

So those looking to be part of some ultra-rich club as you say are a very small percentage....and I would bet that a very good number if not most are as liberal as heck.

Most Americans just want to be left alone, let them live their lives and don't need some facist like Moore telling us what we already know.
Yada, yada, yada. I would suggest that most of those folks who have been voting AGAINST THEIR OWN BEST INTERESTS are enormously embarrassed when faced with their own .......ummm.....lack of critical thinking skills.

Please give me an example of how Michael Moore is a fascist.

Btw, did YOU call ME a "fool"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,685,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
With continuous rises in healthcare costs, unemployment, and the struggles in the economy, perhaps you might have some reason to at least question whether or not your "upper middle class lifestyle" will still be around for you to enjoy when you reach old age.
Whats employment right now?

How many people don't have health coverage? How many of that percentage are legal americans who WANT healthcare?

What percentage of Americans are on some sort of government assistance?

When you answer those questions, you will see, that it really is a small minority standing at the base of the mountain afraid to take a couple of steps.

Demonizing the entire system because of a select few? Really? Look around, most people in this country are middle class, and have made a comfortable lives for themselves.

In all cases, we as a people have become RICHER since the inception of this country. This is a fact. This debunks Moore's entire claim.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It probably won't be around if we let the current leaders in Washington get away with all the spending they are doing. After Obama is done there will be two classes: Obama's friends and the rest of us poor smucks.
You know very well that "this spending" started LONG before Obama was in Office. Can you say George W. Bush? Iraq war? Etc., etc.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
His "agenda", quite frankly, is a good one: Stop corruption in health care, Wall Street, and in politics. How can you NOT agree with his agenda?
If you think his agenda is looking out for your best interest, rather than fattening up his own wallet, you have been dooped bigger than the subject matter of his entertainment films.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:50 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Really? Are you forced to pay 8 bucks to see his movie? Does he set the price? Didn't he put out Sicko for free on the internet? He's a great filmmaker who happens to put out a product that people want. Good for him for making it. He's not lazy, he isn't stealing or cheating, and he doesn't live in Hollywood. I love how people immediately discredit him because he makes good money. You have to be able to do better than that if you want me to listen.
Moore grossed over $25 MILLION on Sicko.

$120 Million on the 9/11 movie and almost $10 so far on his Capitalism movie.

His lifetime gross on movies is almost $183 MILLION.

So don't try to sell me that Moore is a nice guy who put his movie on the internet for the poor to see. You will have to try much harder than that.

Michael Moore Movie Box Office Results

Old 10-15-2009, 11:50 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
His "agenda" is to get rich by selling pablum to the masses.

His "agenda" is promoting a biased "documentary" in an effort to advance leftists political agendas. For all the screaming that leftists do about Rush Limbaugh, do they not realize that Michael Moore is just the same thing on the other end of the spectrum.
Maybe the right should get themselves a great documentary maker to put out some "right wing agenda" films. I wonder what they could make films about?

Old 10-15-2009, 11:51 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Maybe the right should get themselves a great documentary maker to put out some "right wing agenda" films. I wonder what they could make films about?
And before it hit's the theaters the left will find a way to discredit it....give me a break!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
It's just so funny that people get so worked up over the fact that Michael Moore is a millionaire. I could give a patooty. If I could make films and rake in the dough, I would too and so would you. But the truth is, he does believe in what he puts out. Do you honestly think that he's a closet conservative who is pulling the wool over our eyes? He makes movies, people pay to see them, he earns a big paycheck. It's the way it works. I'm not mad or jealous at his big reward. I'm more angry at Wall Street Execs giving themselves a big bonus with our tax money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Whats employment right now?

How many people don't have health coverage? How many of that percentage are legal americans who WANT healthcare?

What percentage of Americans are on some sort of government assistance?

When you answer those questions, you will see, that it really is a small minority standing at the base of the mountain afraid to take a couple of steps.

Demonizing the entire system because of a select few? Really? Look around, most people in this country are middle class, and have made a comfortable lives for themselves.

In all cases, we as a people have become RICHER since the inception of this country. This is a fact. This debunks Moore's entire claim.
Well the state of Michigan has an unemployment rate of 15% right now. And that does not include the number of people under-employed people. It is estimated that if you include the under-employed and the people who have not been able to find work for over a year, that the real number is more like 25%.

What gives you the idea that people are not "upper middle class" because they are "afraid" to take any steps? That's just plain stupid.

One also has to take into consideration the differences in MENTAL ABILITIES! We are not all born "mentally equal." Someone with an IQ of 70 is never going to be able to compete with someone with an IQ of 120.

Let me ask you: Will the children today, overall, be "richer" than their parents?

Quote:
Really? Are you forced to pay 8 bucks to see his movie? Does he set the price? Didn't he put out Sicko for free on the internet? He's a great filmmaker who happens to put out a product that people want. Good for him for making it. He's not lazy, he isn't stealing or cheating, and he doesn't live in Hollywood. I love how people immediately discredit him because he makes good money. You have to be able to do better than that if you want me to listen.
You aren't interested in the facts, you are interested in the person who presents only the facts that support your point of view.

The fact that you can't see that the information he provides in his "excellent" films are only the ones which support the punch line is embarrassing for yourself.

There is an obvious point he is trying to make in his films. A documentary doesn't make a point, it presents the facts... ALL OF THEM... and allows the audience to deduce a point of few from that information.

Moore's movies, every single one of them, provides only the information which supports the point HE wants to make. People like you buy right into it hook line and sinker.

I don't give a rats if you listen... frankly, not worth my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies