Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:17 PM

88,212 posts, read 84,094,155 times

Advertisements

I think we're getting off-topic here. No one has discussed shepple in quite some time.

I fry my shepple up like bacon and have it with eggs and cheese on a sammitch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,518,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think we're getting off-topic here. No one has discussed shepple in quite some time.

I fry my shepple up like bacon and have it with eggs and cheese on a sammitch.
LMAO! Thanks!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,526,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Aren't you wondering how much Michael Moor made last year and this year and why he is such a hypocrite and only wants to spread other peoples wealth...I will listen to him when he let's every one see his movie for free....the man made loads of money and has many real estate properties...which to me he deserves ...but at the same hand makes him the top 10 of hypocrites!
You can probably see all his previous movies for free on the Internet, if you know where to look.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,204,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Very mature response and you were doing so well.
Do you know what "cognitive dissonance" means?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What is Moore lying about? Why is whether or not Moore is being charitable make a difference? Moore is exposing the stealing, thievery, bribery and corruption on Wall Street, monolpolies and big corporations. You do know that that is not true "Capitalism"...right? Therin lies the problem...you think that Capitalism is synonymous with those things. It is not! Go read a bit of history and economics.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
I live in a small rural town called Chicago Illinois, on the North side in a neighborhood called "uptown" with a high concentration of ethinic minorities and overall low income levels.

Don't generalize me, or attempt to discredit my views by my percieved ignorance.

Very very very few people in our society, even as a percentage of "poor" live in the squaler you speak.
Okay. Tell me the percentage.

Who knew that Chicago had such a "wealthy" population of "poor people."

I can PROMISE YOU that that is simply NOT the case in Miami. Again, as I say, I can show you at least one large entire "neighborhood" in Miami (and there are more!) where very few people even have cars......much less 2 cars.....or air conditioners (and Miami is HOT for many, many months out of the year)....nor can these people afford to educate their kids past PUBLIC SCHOOL years.

Btw, YOU made the post saying some pretty absurd things. I lived in Miami for many years, and through my work I had the opportunity to see what "poor neighborhoods" look like. If you believe what you posted, then you are basing your belief on too small of a "view."
Driving around in Overtown is like driving around in a war zone!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:09 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,689,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Who gives a hoot how much he makes?? Yes, he earns his money from the films he makes and appearing on shows. Why aren't they allowed to earn gobs of money? At least he earns his money legally and without raping the poor.

This is my point: those who are against Michael Moore are against him because he's absolutely RIGHT. They can't stand the fact that he is a righteous guy who stands up for the middle class.
The fact is that if Moore makes a poor film he does not get a big bank payday. He actually has to earn his money. But the corporate robber barrons can drive their company into the ground to the point it is bankrupt and the government has to bail it out and STILL get obscene pay and bonuses!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Why doesn't he go after the White House and Congress? They make the laws to govern Wall Street....but you know those folks are his buddies.
You are wrong. He stated that the Democrats are a bunch of cowards for coming up with this insurance bill. He is right again!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
I live in a small rural town called Chicago Illinois, on the North side in a neighborhood called "uptown" with a high concentration of ethinic minorities and overall low income levels.

Don't generalize me, or attempt to discredit my views by my percieved ignorance.

Very very very few people in our society, even as a percentage of "poor" live in the squaler you speak.

Uptown??? I thought they ran all the poor people out of there. They were doing a good job of it when I was working full time, taking care of a baby and attending class at Truman College on Wilson Ave. And yes I did graduate. And then went to Northwestern- and graduated from there too. But because we were not "yuppie enough" Uptown made it pretty clear they had no use for us.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,048,932 times
Quote:
Why doesn't he go after the White House and Congress? They make the laws to govern Wall Street....but you know those folks are his buddies.
Michael Moore Blasts Dems on Healthcare

TV1.com: Michael Moore Blasts Dems on Healthcare (http://www.tv1.com/player/play/7472 - broken link)

It really saves face and adds to a poster's credibility when they Google an issue for information and facts before they post just for the sake of posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies