Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 03:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
:t ape:

I would have given another gesture.. buti t's not in the list of choices..
Then, don't whine .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 03:30 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
if the future is looking grim, part of that is because of greedy, selfish corporations. you want me to feel bad for these businesses? god forbid they give a little for maternity leave, it would take away the funds from their private jets, golf trips, and golden parachutes. large businesses like these should provide paid personal leave time, it's not like they're hurting for cash.

I guess in your mind, everyone should be temporarily sterilized and must make a certain income and prove they have "enough intelligence, flexibilty, and sense of personal responsibilty" before being allowed to have kids . again, god forbid these megacorps extend some goodwill to families, b/c apparently that is considered "welfare"

WEll said..

it's important to note.. the gap in pay between the top heirachy of the companies and people they employ..

it's disgusting... the middle class is being murdered.. then it's suggested that they shouldn't actually have a life at all.

Instead they should be slaves and work 3 jobs so that they could pay tantamount to a second mortgage on their homes.

And so that they could afford to have children.. oh.. but wait.. when they DO have children they then have to pay others to raise them .. so that they can continue to be slaves for the $14M plus earning CEO's!

LOL.. well.. they will soon get a real nasty lesson on how important the middle class is..

The more they stifle us.. the less we spend.. the less they make.. The rich NEED the middle class to stay strong and be happy.. or watch their profits just dwindle away.. as it is now.. they are still in denial.. but will soon have to face the reaility....and once they do the country will turn around again..... they will eventually have to stop ****ting where they eat.. so to speak. .. because they too will go hungry.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:32 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Then, don't whine .
Then don't read my posts if you want to think I'm whining.. just hit the ignore!

Old 10-17-2009, 03:34 PM

436 posts, read 873,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Then, don't whine .
It sounds more appropriate that you just plain ignore everything that don't favor your choice.
I would agree with you if you are talking about sports. But here is not, it is people's life and future.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Then don't read my posts if you want to think I'm whining.. just hit the ignore!
That's why they're on my ignore list. One of the best decisions I've made on city-data.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:39 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemeatball View Post
It sounds more appropriate that you just plain ignore everything that don't favor your choice.
I would agree with you if you are talking about sports. But here is not, it is people's life and future.
Great advice.

I agree.

I agree with giving more maternity leave. Family and people come before business NO MATTER WHAT.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:10 PM

51 posts, read 170,583 times
Quote:
LOL.. my point is.. I NEVER Would have reached ADEQUATE finances..

INstead..I would still be waiting, stil be childless and found myself in my 40's without children .. what kind of life is that? SAD if you ask me.

Who the hell do you think is going to have children in this day and age?

I suppose you feel only the wealthy should have children?? The middle class should just stop breeding because they can't make an adequate income..

Why? So that CEO's can pay themselves OBSCENE amounts of money,while denying their employees benefits AND stagnating their income?

Just look at the gap of pay. It's pathetic!

I support myself and my kid.. but I have no retirement and no college savings for him.. .and it is not looking like that is ever going to change.

Middle class is being murdered..then we're all being told we shouldnt' have children
I really don't know what your point is. According to you because you have a child you can't save enough for retirement. That was your decision to make. Who are you going to blame when you hit retirement age and can't support yourself? You make your decisions...you live with the consequences. If a middle class family budgets they have enough money to raise at least one child, save money, and take care of their responsibilities. I really don't know what your personal situation is that you feel this is impossible but I would suggest taking a class in managing your personal finances.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:14 PM

51 posts, read 170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

I guess in your mind, everyone should be temporarily sterilized and must make a certain income and prove they have "enough intelligence, flexibilty, and sense of personal responsibilty" before being allowed to have kids . again, god forbid these megacorps extend some goodwill to families, b/c apparently that is considered "welfare"
Yes, with the exception of forced sterilization, I think that just about says it. I don't know how we've developed such an attitude of entitlement in this country that people think they can have whatever they want without practicing any discipline or sacrifice. Employers shouldn't have to pay because their employees decide to lay around and get pregnant. Getting pregnant is not like catching a cold.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:19 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I did ok with 6 weeks off. I was paid using my sick days & state disability but I don't remember if it was at full salary or less. Whatever, it was good enough. I had my second one a few year later and never did go back. I planned it that way.

I can't IMAGING getting paid for not working. 1 or 2 YEARS of paid maternity leave??? Holy crap. If that was the case I'd never higher a woman if I was an employer. Imagine holding a job and paying a women who has 3-4-5 kids, back to back, every year or two. You would basically never have to work again as long as you were fertile.

I remember a movie where a woman avoided going to jail for a crime because she was pregnant, and her country didn't allow that. She had many, many babies over the years and never did go to jail! LOL

Old 10-17-2009, 04:25 PM

436 posts, read 873,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I did ok with 6 weeks off. LOL
I think you are a bit confused. It is not about you, it is about your baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies