Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of interracial marriage?
I approve of interracial marriage 163 83.59%
I disapprove of interracial marriage 29 14.87%
Not sure 3 1.54%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 AM

30 posts, read 150,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Not only South LA, the prisons have to be segregated, because the Mexican and El Salvadoran gangs try to slaughter the blacks.
I agree but I've worked in a CA prison and the killing goes both ways.. On top of that the two gangs you mentioned above don't get along with each other or Northern Latinos..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Where and when, and don't quickly google a southern city.
Dallas and Memphis...I lived on Mud Island in Memphis

Old 10-16-2009, 01:01 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Yeah because the cost of living in your city is so low because no one wants to live there. My city was the fastest growing city in America 2 years ago and is still top 5 in that category. We went from being the 8th largest city in 1990 to the 5th largest now. Sorry but the facts don't support that. Plus, you live in a hick redneck shanty with a bunch of racists. Gotta love Strom Thurmond and that Confederate flag plus a governor who leaves to have an affair in South America

Yeah and Bobby was named Pyuish but realized he had to change his name to appease the good ole boys in the South. Learn your facts before arguing a weak point.
Greenville is the headquarters of Micheline, BMW, Flour, GE's engineering department to name a few. We have the largest Whole Foods in the southeast, and are always in every top ten list in the country when it comes to best places to live. Downtown is voted year in and year out as the nicest downtown in the country and I'm 20 minutes from the Blue ridge Mnts. and 3 hours from the beach, but yeah, we're a racist redneck shanty hicktown. lol But you enjoy your dusty, dirty crap brown Phoenix. to each his own

As to your last point he changed it to Jindal, not Jones, and he still looks pretty Indian to me. Again, racist rednecked southerners elected the only American Indian governor and Vietnamese American congressman. As much as you want to claim "elitist intellectual superiority" you can not dispute those facts.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Dallas and Memphis...I lived on Mud Island in Memphis
Dallas, I like; Memphis on the other hand is worse then Phoenix, by far.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Greenville is the headquarters of Micheline, BMW, Flour, GE's engineering department to name a few. We have the largest Whole Foods in the southeast, and are always in every top ten list in the country when it comes to best places to live. Downtown is voted year in and year out as the nicest downtown in the country and I'm 20 minutes from the Blue ridge Mnts. and 3 hours from the beach, but yeah, we're a racist redneck shanty hicktown. lol But you enjoy your dusty, dirty crap brown Phoenix. to each his own

As to your last point he changed it to Jindal, not Jones, and he still looks pretty Indian to me. Again, racist rednecked southerners elected the only American Indian governor and Vietnamese American congressman. As much as you want to claim "elitist intellectual superiority" you can not dispute those facts.
Whoa..you have the largest Whole Foods in the Southeast! Wow, I'm impressed. Do you have an NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA teams in your state? My city has all 4! And what is it voted in...some magazine? Who cares, actions speak louder than words and by far more people move to Phoenix than Greensville, SC every year. And apparently you haven't been here because Phoenix is called the valley because it's surrounded by Mountains and we have mountains in our city.

Furthermore, I'm a physician and I get calls from recruiters all the time looking to place physicians in South Carolina including Greenville. Practices are so desperate out there that they have to hire recruiters because no one wants to move to your hick town. Get over it. You live in the South Carolina...sorry it's not worth bragging about!

Yeah, racist Southerners voted for an Indian man who had to change his first name and religion before they would vote for him. Yes, that's the sign of a liberal state. Excellent point!

GO *****!

Old 10-16-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Whoa..you have the largest Whole Foods in the Southeast! Wow, I'm impressed. Do you have an NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA teams in your state? My city has all 4! And what is it voted in...some magazine? Who cares, actions speak louder than words and by far more people move to Phoenix than Greensville, SC every year

Furthermore, I'm a physician and I get calls from recruiters all the time looking to place physicians in South Carolina including Greensville. Practices are so desperate out there that they have to hire recruiters because no one wants to move to your hick town. Get over it. You live in the South Carolina...sorry it's not worth bragging about!

Yeah, racist Southerners voted for an Indian man who had to change his first name and religion before they would vote for him. Yes, that's the sign of a liberal state. Excellent point!
Sure your are, sure. You and Saganista must be pals, did you know that he informed us all last week that he's in the top 1% of earners in the country. Everyone's rich, good looking and famous online.

Liberal State, God why on earth would anyone want that? I grew up in NJ and lived in California for 9 years, I've had all of the liberal government to last me for a lifetime.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:13 AM

30 posts, read 150,362 times
I don't agree with the statement being made by the person in question that Black's don't accept half black/white children. If you read Black American history you will find that the black community has accepted half black children going back into slavery. Just look up the one drop rule and the fact that possibly up to 40 percent of U.S. black's have white blood.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Sure your are, sure. You and Saganista must be pals, did you know that he informed us all last week that he's in the top 1% of earners in the country. Everyone's rich, good looking and famous online.

Liberal State, God why on earth would anyone want that? I grew up in NJ and lived in California for 9 years, I've had all of the liberal government to last me for a lifetime.
Anyone who reads my old posts can figure out for themselves that I'm a physician so I don't need to convince anyone, it speaks for itself particularly with my advice in the health forum. You couldn't make it in a larger metropolitan area so you had to move to South Carolina, I get that. You wanted to be a big fish in a little pond or Greenville. I know that I could make twice what I earn now in South Carolina. There is a massive shortage of physicians in your area. I know it's not a very popular area with physicians with regard to recruitment despite the higher pay. I think that says something. There is nothing to do in SC. Who wants to go to the Blueridge mountains and some unknown beach. We can snow ski in Flagstaff and drive to San Diego to a real beach let alone Rocky Point.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 10-16-2009 at 02:14 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Sigh..He didn't change his last name. Get your facts straight before arguing points you know nothing about. He changed his first name. His first name was Pyuish and he changed it to Bobby. He also changed his religion from Hinduism to Catholicism. He was raised a Hindu and his name was Pyuish Jindal. He knew he was going into politics and was going to run in ultra Evangelical Louisiana so he changed his first name and religion to appease the locals

And focusing on one set of facts while ignoring others is assinine. Do you really want to go down this road? Do you realize how racist the South is with regard to politics and the Civil Rights movement? You do realize your own state kept re-electing the person who lead the movement against Civil Rights in Strom Thurmond. But of course in your pseudo-intellectual escapades, we are to ignore all of that because Louisiana voted for an Indian American who had to change his first name and religion to win voters. There is another poster on this forum who is from your state and stated the exact opposite of what you said yet you give no creedence to his opinion. It's obvious you are trying to depict South Carolina as something it isn't.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 10-16-2009 at 02:01 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac101964 View Post
I don't agree with the statement being made by the person in question that Black's don't accept half black/white children. If you read Black American history you will find that the black community has accepted half black children going back into slavery. Just look up the one drop rule and the fact that possibly up to 40 percent of U.S. black's have white blood.
Exactly which is why I fail to understand the reasoning posed by this judge. Mixed children of Black and White couples are generally regarded as being Black. If those children wanted to apply for scholarships and affirmative action, they would qualify as African American. Furthermore, this isn't a recent phenomenon. As far back as pre-civil wars times, impregnated slaves by White owners would raise their children among the other slaves. The African American community is used to accepting mixed children into their own. It's gotten to the point that our country recognizes mixed children of African American and Caucasian decent as being African American. Look no further than our President. Even Tiger Woods has more Asian in him than African American yet he is often referred to as being African American. So to argue that mixed race children won't be accepted is assinine. This is just a front to justify racism. This judge likely doesn't care about these people's children but would rather not see them marry for her own selfish and racist reasons. These are facsist principles that Hitler and the Nazis espoused.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 10-16-2009 at 04:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies