Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
ya. I do have a problem with the fact that she "got tired" of birth control. There are so many different kinds. I think they should have tried harder to keep from getting pregnant.
Tough.
It's really none of your business, is it?
It's her personal decision; and the law of the land.
Once you become pregnant, you can make your own decision.
Until then, why do you think you have a right to judge others?
Are you really perfect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Tough.
Are you really perfect?
holy cow! I'm pro choice, I just think being tired of being on birth control is a lame reason to get pregnant. She did say, I think, that she and her BF discussed what they'd do if she got pregnant, and said they'd keep the baby. I support her choice to not keep all 3, and at least they discussed it ahead of time. I'm just sayin' she COULD have tried a little harder to prevent the pregnancy in the first place.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
holy cow! I'm pro choice, I just think being tired of being on birth control is a lame reason to get pregnant. She did say, I think, that she and her BF discussed what they'd do if she got pregnant, and said they'd keep the baby. I support her choice to not keep all 3, and at least they discussed it ahead of time. I'm just sayin' she COULD have tried a little harder to prevent the pregnancy in the first place.
She was NOT against getting pregnant. She didn't mind it, in fact, and was prepared for it. I'm thinking that at 34, she wanted to be a mother. She just didn't want three kids at once.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:00 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Possible maternal complications of multiple pregnancy include:

Miscarriage.
Anemia.
High blood pressure and organ damage (preeclampsia).
Excessive bleeding (hemorrhage).
Increased chance of cesarean delivery.
Too much amniotic fluid (polyhydramnios).
Problems with the placenta, such as placenta abruptio or placenta previa.

Common fetal complications of multiple pregnancy include:

Increased chance of giving birth before 37 weeks (premature delivery), which poses greater risks of illness, disability, and death.

Less common fetal complications include:

Increased risk of birth defects and genetic disorders.

YOU don't get to decide which of these risks are worth taking when it's not YOU facing them. No, you've got it backwards. It's legal because it's moral to afford women the freedom to do with their own bodies as they choose.
Well..here's what I say to that.

I have a very good friend who has 12 year old triplets. They are gorgeous, healthy, smart, happy and extremely caring young individuals. If she had decided to abort 2 of them, these beautiful children would not be on this planet today. Yes, it was difficult, yes she knew she could potentially have disabled or sick kids. Yes, she knew something could happen to her. But she made a firm decision that she was that she was to responsible for concieving her children, and knew she had to raise them. And THAT is a person I truly respect.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Well..here's what I say to that.

I have a very good friend who has 12 year old triplets. They are gorgeous, healthy, smart, happy and extremely caring young individuals. If she had decided to abort 2 of them, these beautiful children would not be on this planet today. Yes, it was difficult, yes she knew she could potentially have disabled or sick kids. Yes, she knew something could happen to her. But she made a firm decision that she was that she was to responsible for concieving her children, and knew she had to raise them. And THAT is a person I truly respect.
That's fantastic, good for her. Isn't it wonderful that we live in a country where she was able to make that choice for herself.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:16 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
That's fantastic, good for her. Isn't it wonderful that we live in a country where she was able to make that choice for herself.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
While I might not choose the same, it IS HER LEGAL RIGHT to make a choice. There is nothing shameful about it.

If you don't like abortion, then don't have one. It's as easy as that. Just keep your opinions out of someone else's body.
it is her elgal right to kill 2 of her 3 children . And you brag on it.
it was the germans right and legal to kill Jews.

She is enforcing her opinion a death sentence on two other bodies , we ceretainly have the right to have abn opinion to express about saving those bodies

Old 11-13-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Tough.
Are you really perfect?
she is killing two humans who have no choice . they have a body and she does not respect their body and are willing to kill them.
it was the law of the land that america had slaves , did that make the law right?
whne the two being killed can make a choice to die then abort them.
You have no right to judge the two being killed.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
So then, in that logic, let cancer cells grow, arteries harden and appendix's burst since they are inside and part of "you" and removing them would be altering your god's will.

glad i don't believe in your god (or any man made god)

Of course it's not like this was a new story......wonder what made someone drag it out of the archives.
No new dirt to spread about Obama? Stock market moving in the wrong direction?
A cancer cell will never be a living human. An appendix will never be a human. A unborn human ha s separate set of DNA from the mother and killing another human is wrong.
Sorry if you do not medically know the difference between a growing human and an appendix.
i guess not believing in god or even compassion for our most innocent makes it easier for you to back genocide and killing

Old 11-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
If it were likely that 3 healthy, fully functional kids would be born from a pregnancy like this, I would have serious qualms about aborting them. Somebody wanting children would readily take a set of newborn identical twins.
The only problem is....the risks can be high and serious impairments brought about. I would never want to inflict that on my offspring. It's a difficult choice. I would rather die than "live" as a seriously impaired individual. Why should I force that on my child? Personally, if I were to consider this kind of thing, I would have kept the twin pair and aborted the other. Twins are born healthy all the time.
why wouldyou force that on a child? either way you will be forcing something on that child. You are forcing death or life. And since you are not impared do you have the right to say people who are impaired would rather be dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies