Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:17 AM

9 posts, read 9,702 times

Advertisements

If Rush is a racist, I will proudly and happily consider myself to be one, also.....knowing that at the least, I'll be in good company:

By Lloyd Marcus
October 14, 2009
http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/..._racist_a.html

I have been a faithful Rush Limbaugh radio show listener for almost 20 years. I have never heard Rush make one racist comment. As a matter of fact, I am a black man who has been inspired and encouraged by Rush on numerous occasions. Rush is part of a partnership bidding to purchase an NFL football team. I am highly offended watching the liberal media's all out assault on this great American. In their efforts to block Rush from ownership of a team, the liberal media and the Left are attempting to brand Rush as a racist.

Lloyd Marcus, Black Unhyphenated American

There's also this:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...08.member.html
[/font]

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-16-2009 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: copyright issues, just post a snippet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Just because someone stops to stare at a car accident doesn't mean they are involved in it

Old 10-16-2009, 03:35 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
poi-boy, so you ADMIT that you are a racist. And a proud racist as well. Hmmm.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:14 AM

103 posts, read 118,462 times
Of course they are. Anyone who isn't a far left radical is a racist in Obama's new America.

I'm not a Rush listener, he's just another blowhard like so many others on both sides. However these days, if you aren't with Obama, you're a racist.

Last edited by Mrencouragement; 10-16-2009 at 04:18 AM.. Reason: spelling and caveat

Old 10-16-2009, 04:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Let's think about it.....

Does condoning racism make one a racist?

Does laughing at racist jokes make one a racist?

Maybe...maybe not. Good question Sunklhammer/Poi-boy Give it some thought next time you listen to Limbaugh.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:49 AM

841 posts, read 2,261,066 times
irrationalist

Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
It just goes to show that if you listen to a news commentator long enough you will begin to think like him or her and your mind will become twisted. I have listened to Limbaugh's racist comments by googling them. You can even listen to the entire speech on utube. When I learned that a Christian friend of mine liked him, I said, "He is a racist," and she said that she had never heard him say anything racist. Do I think she is a racist because she listens to him. I am not sure. I don't know if she heard his comments, but I do know if I showed her all the things that he has said she would just think they were leftist ways of viewing them, and yet they are very racist. She also is always saying, "Let's try to Jew them down." I am not close to her for these obvious reasons. And I know that she would claim to not be a racist, but it is buried deep within many people.

http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Most racists do not wish to admit that they are so. Many who are not for Obama are racists; many are just republicans and don't like his views.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 AM

480 posts, read 878,281 times
I think a right-wing AM radio commentator who tries to boil everything down to "you're either with me or you're with the President of the United States of America" is deluded, divisive, narcissistic and preys on the fears of those who listen to him. I don't know what's in the man's heart, but I know some of the hateful and offensive words that have come from his mouth. He repeatedly denigrates women, minorities, the handicapped and anyone who sees things differently than he does. It's beyond me why anyone would want their listen to someone who makes a living off hate and fear.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
It just goes to show that if you listen to a news commentator long enough you will begin to think like him or her and your mind will become twisted. I have listened to Limbaugh's racist comments by googling them. You can even listen to the entire speech on utube. When I learned that a Christian friend of mine liked him, I said, "He is a racist," and she said that she had never heard him say anything racist. Do I think she is a racist because she listens to him. I am not sure. I don't know if she heard his comments, but I do know if I showed her all the things that he has said she would just think they were leftist ways of viewing them, and yet they are very racist. She also is always saying, "Let's try to Jew them down." I am not close to her for these obvious reasons. And I know that she would claim to not be a racist, but it is buried deep within many people.

http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Most racists do not wish to admit that they are so. Many who are not for Obama are racists; many are just republicans and don't like his views.
Very well said.
Casper

Old 10-16-2009, 05:37 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default If Rush Limbaugh is a Racist, Are His 20 Million Listeners Also?

Limbaugh knows that the occasional "insensitive" comment sells well with his audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies