Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times

Advertisements

They don't kill as many people as they used to but the Catholic Church still has an office of Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. The short name for that is the Inquisition.

Obama has made clear that Cash is not his pastor, merely someone that the President enjoys hearing preach,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
They don't kill as many people as they used to but the Catholic Church still has an office of Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. The short name for that is the Inquisition.

Obama has made clear that Cash is not his pastor, merely someone that the President enjoys hearing preach,
my list of things I like about Obama is growing. its up to two now!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
my list of things I like about Obama is growing. its up to two now!
Eight more to go before you run out.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
If Islam is so violent, how many people are murdered by having their heads cut off in this country ? Why am I not dead ten times over whenever I go to A Muslim owned store, or restaurant ? Do Muslim doctors kill for Allah ? Why do they not ? Remember : Islam is Violent. The armchair experts said so.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:16 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
If Islam is so violent, how many people are murdered by having their heads cut off in this country ? Why am I not dead ten times over whenever I go to A Muslim owned store, or restaurant ? Do Muslim doctors kill for Allah ? Why do they not ? Remember : Islam is Violent. The armchair experts said so.
Ahhhh, the expert has chimed in. Because you know a few Muslims who haven't tried to kill you, all these Muslim terrorists around the globe could not be killing based on their Islamic beliefs.
The typical inscrutable logic.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:20 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
as far as christanity idk what to believe because the bible has been tampered with over and over again

Old 10-16-2009, 12:06 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Islam is violent. It's so patently obvious. I'm glad there is a minister courageous enough to speak the truth, and that Obama might be listening to him.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How does someone in the position of military chaplain draw criticism for proselytizing? That's his job.

Of course, if he proselytized the way Muslims often do, that would be an issue.
Military chaplains are not suppose to proselytize. Their job is to provide religious services to military personnel and their families who wish tto use them, not to proselytize.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:08 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Because they're in the minority, and, perhaps, many of those who immigrated here were not too interested in having laws like those they left. Nearly every country they are the majority in, they have those things thanks to islamic law...

Old 10-16-2009, 01:12 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post

For historical accuracy, it was the secular authorities who were behind the executions, etc., the Church had no authority to execute people. Most notably in Spain, where the government's intent was to drive out the muslims still remaining who had previously invaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies