Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Wow, he is breaking records all over the place.

During that time, 937,840 homes received a foreclosure letter -- whether a default notice, auction notice or bank repossession, the RealtyTrac report said. That means one in every 136 U.S. homes were in foreclosure, which is a 5% increase from the second quarter and a 23% jump over the third quarter of 2008.

Foreclosures hit record in third quarter 2009 - Oct. 15, 2009

And to think some lenders are becoming more lenient on foreclosures so these numbers could have been even worse if they wouldnt have done this.

Yup, the recession is over like some demwits believe.

Obama = Economic disaster

Oh and do not forget to read this part.

No end in sight
The foreclosure crisis may not diminish anytime soon. "The fastest growing area is in the 180 days late-plus category, the most seriously delinquent borrowers," Sharga said. "It's going to be a lingering problem."

Thanks Obama, the stimulus is working to save thousands of home for Americans.
Yep, the Housing Market is still trying to find it's real value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 08:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yes and all Obama did was spend trillions of dollars delaying the inevitable.

In the big housing boom far more millions of cheaply built houses were quickly erected than are needed. It was a false economy - massive building of cheap houses that made for very high profits for a few, provided low wage jobs for millions of illegals who now don't want to go home, and in order to sell these houses, subprime loans were given.

Supply and demand - we have a glut of cheap houses. Until some of these empty houses are torn down, there will be an oversupply of them.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I don't understand why the American people choose to blame ANY government administration for being so greedy that they over paid for houses they couldn't afford in the first place. Maybe it is time we all stop pointing fingers and go look in a mirror.
Well I wasn't greedy. I didn't want a more expensive house than I could afford. I had to go through the traditional hoops to get my normal kind of loan that even required a downpayment.

What gets me is how crappy a lot of the homes that were going up really are. When you checked out the actual construction of them, you can see that a lot of the houses are not going to last many decades. Many of the houses build in the housing bubble will require costly repairs and in a few more years, many will need tearing down. They were not built to last.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

At the same time Obama promised to help those people who were losing their homes. Instead he has sit back and spent money on waste and ALLOWED record numbers of people to foreclose on their homes on his watch.

He lied, end of story.

Month after month more and more people lose their homes and this idiot does nothing but keep on trucking.

Talk about turning the other cheek.

What happened to his little saying that he new what people on Main St USA needed?

Record homeless, record foreclosures, record bankruptcies, record food stamps, record money spend on welfare and the list goes on and on for Obamawaste.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Wow, he is breaking records all over the place.

During that time, 937,840 homes received a foreclosure letter -- whether a default notice, auction notice or bank repossession, the RealtyTrac report said. That means one in every 136 U.S. homes were in foreclosure, which is a 5% increase from the second quarter and a 23% jump over the third quarter of 2008.

Foreclosures hit record in third quarter 2009 - Oct. 15, 2009

And to think some lenders are becoming more lenient on foreclosures so these numbers could have been even worse if they wouldnt have done this.

Yup, the recession is over like some demwits believe.

Obama = Economic disaster

Oh and do not forget to read this part.

No end in sight
The foreclosure crisis may not diminish anytime soon. "The fastest growing area is in the 180 days late-plus category, the most seriously delinquent borrowers," Sharga said. "It's going to be a lingering problem."

Thanks Obama, the stimulus is working to save thousands of home for Americans.
Two things:
This makes you happy
and
You think the mess started in 2008.
Casper

Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Conservos hate good news but relish bad news these days.
This is great news and it will only get worse. I love bad news. It's better than sex. I can't wait to see your faces when you have to actually start paying for your life-style. You have a long road ahead of you with lots of hard choices. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Supply and demand - we have a glut of cheap houses. Until some of these empty houses are torn down, there will be an oversupply of them.
Yes, you do have a glut of cheap housing. You have a glut of new housing, of glut of existing housing, and glut of rental housing.

Quote:
So you cannot answer to why Obama setting all the records for the most foreclosures, bankruptcies, car repos?
I can answer that. As I said repeatedly, it didn't matter who you elected, Obama or McCan't. In 2012, it won't matter who you elect either. Whoever you elect will fail, because all roads lead to the same Dead End.

You've been living a lie for a very long time. You have to answer for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies